Thread: one time use credit/debit card recommendations

Load Metric

one time use credit/debit card recommendations

when shopping online, I try to only buy from sites that offer paypal as a payment option but there some sites that might have a really good deal that don't offer paypal (which is a red flag) that will probably be a one time purchase, in which case, I really don't want to give them my credit card info, not to belabor the point but a perfect new example is Target just found out 42 million Target cards and major credit, debit cards with the 3 digit numbers on the back of the card too, were hacked over the past 2 weeks
    question: is there a good service or bank that offers a one time use or virtual credit card with minimal hassles and low fees for online purchases
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Bank of Sepulveda

Load Metric
    You can get a prepaid card like Netspend or Green Dot.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Just buy a prepaid CC at Wal-Mart. It costs 3 bucks and works anywhere that accepts Visa/Mastercard.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo Tomasi View Post
    when shopping online, I try to only buy from sites that offer paypal as a payment option but there some sites that might have a really good deal that don't offer paypal (which is a red flag) that will probably be a one time purchase, in which case, I really don't want to give them my credit card info, not to belabor the point but a perfect new example is Target just found out 42 million Target cards and major credit, debit cards with the 3 digit numbers on the back of the card too, were hacked over the past 2 weeks
    question: is there a good service or bank that offers a one time use or virtual credit card with minimal hassles and low fees for online purchases
    AmEx pre-paid, as long as you aren't doing any online gaming with it, which I'm pretty sure they block. Other than that, only fees that I know of for this card are like a $2 ATM fee if you use it that way.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...-it-works.html

edit: may not be the best for a one time use card, but otherwise solid.
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 12-19-2013 at 06:38 PM.

Load Metric
    Paypal Debit card???

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BUBBLES View Post
    :

Green dot is the way to go IMO.

Load Metric
    You use paypal for security? They are a nightmare and I generally do not go with them when given the option to purchase. LOL at paypal forcing clients to give them their banking info to verify accounts.

CCs are pretty safe even if your info does get hacked you are pretty much guaranteed to get your money back anyways. Biggest scam is additional cc protection fees.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Glad Target has this problem. Bought a fan them several years ago and 1 day after the warranty is up it breaks. Go back to see what they can do for me and it's ''Sorry warranty is over''. F#ck those sorry #ssholes as I hope this ruins their Christmas season and bottom line.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lvpkr1009 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BUBBLES View Post
    :

Green dot is the way to go IMO.
    Green dot or gtfo.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    You use paypal for security? They are a nightmare and I generally do not go with them when given the option to purchase. LOL at paypal forcing clients to give them their banking info to verify accounts.

CCs are pretty safe even if your info does get hacked you are pretty much guaranteed to get your money back anyways. Biggest scam is additional cc protection fees.
    Those regs come from the Fed, not paypal. Just so you know whom to hate.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Paypal Debit card???
    not a bad idea, looked it up, my CVS Pharmacy is a reloading location, will have to look into the charges, I have an Amex card because they paid me $25 to get it, the problem with that card is it takes 4 days for them to credit your account after depositing, I had a Walmart card for a while but it is a bit of a pain and $3 to reload, $5 for green dot is too expensive for a cheap jew, paypal stopped offered their one time use virtual credit card

anybody try this:

About the virtual OneTime Card

For certain purchases, a Google Wallet virtual OneTime Card (a prepaid debit card issued by the Bancorp Bank) will be generated to complete your purchase. Your full credit or debit card information will not be shared with the seller involved in the transaction. Google will facilitate a payment using the Google Wallet virtual OneTime Card and then charge the default credit or debit card in your Wallet account.

If a virtual OneTime Card number was used for your Google Wallet purchase you will see the last four digits of the virtual OneTime Card number used for your purchase in the Funded by section of your Google Wallet transaction receipt.

These transactions may not earn your typical rewards or be eligible for certain benefits.

Learn more about rewards. Please contact the seller with any questions about your order.
    https://support.google.com/wallet/answer/2740044?hl=en
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Load Metric
    Try Bluebird.

Thread Information