Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Big Duck gets shot down

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post

This thing looks more like a preplanned money grab with every post in this thread.
    If you read older interviews with the male members of the family, they started growing their beards out as a sign of their commitment to God. It has something to do with the way that John the Baptist lived, but I don't quite understand it. It is supposed to be a symbol of leaving behind the life of worldly pleasure i.e. drinking and whatnot.

Of course that is assuming that they were telling the truth in the interviews to begin with. At that point it also becomes ironic that the only man in the family without a beard actually is a preacher.
    ""The original purpose of the beards was to help with the wind when it's blowing in your face. When you're out there in the woods hunting like we are all the time, we found that facial hair helps you to stay a lot warmer. That's where it came from, and it morphed into the look we have now."

http://www.examiner.com/article/will...ir-long-beards

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I don't watch those bearded f#cking #ssholes in that if I had them I'd shave that greasy p#ss off their face. F#ck those Rednecks, and N#ggers, and F#gs. H#ll we need normal people like me on TV.

Comments

wrenchjockey: At first it was eccentric. Then it was :eyeroll. Now you just blow giant amounts of dick.

sonatine: "H#ll we need normal people like me on TV." ..in concentration camps.
    Last edited by son of lockman; 12-21-2013 at 12:34 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by son of lockman View Post
    I don't watch those bearded f#cking #ssholes in that if I had them I'd shave that greasy p#ss off their face. F#ck those Rednecks, and N#ggers, and F#gs. H#ll we need normal people like me on TV.

You had plenty of air time on TV

Comments

4Dragons: Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

son of lockman: hey limpd"ck

tony bagadonuts: Zing
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
    hey Mallard brained
    Phil Robertso!
    you have offended and hurt so many dear friends of mine,
    who DO NOT have the voice or the outreach that I do.
    well news flash
    shower-dodger,
    I will speak loudly and clearly for ALL of them.
    so,
    just when your desperately sub evolved ass thought the pressure was off,
    you are now in the crosshairs of a MaSheen style media
    beat down.
    (I’ll try to keep the big words to a minimum as not to confuse you)

your statements were and are
    abhorrently and
    mendaciously unforgivable.

the idea that you have a job
    outside of dirt-clod stacking
    is a miracle.

the only ‘Dynasty’ you are attached to might be the
    re-runs of that dated show.

the only thing you should ever be in charge of building is a hole in the ground the exact size of your head.
    perhaps your beard would fit as well if you plucked out the
    army of scabies and
    bull weevils sequestered deep in it’s sarcophagus of dander and weasel pelts.

shame on you.
    you’re the only surviving
    brain donor I’ve ever known.

when the gators and Egrets
    kick you out of their
    hovel,
    you need to make serious amends to those you have
    radically offended.

on the eight day
    when I was whittling my cosmic banjo,
    I’m pretty sure YOU were the scattered dross I then used to light a fire and
    locate the nearest
    Andy Gump.

repulsed by you;
    c sheen

hash tag;
    Duck; that was me.
    http://tv.yahoo.com/news/charlie-she...001531946.html

Comments

wrenchjockey: Coke don't snort itself.

tony bagadonuts: But it would if it could

4Dragons: Marty would have done better than that

SrslySirius: makeup rep for tony

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
    hey Mallard brained
    Phil Robertso!
    you have offended and hurt so many dear friends of mine,
    who DO NOT have the voice or the outreach that I do.
    well news flash
    shower-dodger,
    I will speak loudly and clearly for ALL of them.
    so,
    just when your desperately sub evolved ass thought the pressure was off,
    you are now in the crosshairs of a MaSheen style media
    beat down.
    (I’ll try to keep the big words to a minimum as not to confuse you)

your statements were and are
    abhorrently and
    mendaciously unforgivable.

the idea that you have a job
    outside of dirt-clod stacking
    is a miracle.

the only ‘Dynasty’ you are attached to might be the
    re-runs of that dated show.

the only thing you should ever be in charge of building is a hole in the ground the exact size of your head.
    perhaps your beard would fit as well if you plucked out the
    army of scabies and
    bull weevils sequestered deep in it’s sarcophagus of dander and weasel pelts.

shame on you.
    you’re the only surviving
    brain donor I’ve ever known.

when the gators and Egrets
    kick you out of their
    hovel,
    you need to make serious amends to those you have
    radically offended.

on the eight day
    when I was whittling my cosmic banjo,
    I’m pretty sure YOU were the scattered dross I then used to light a fire and
    locate the nearest
    Andy Gump.

repulsed by you;
    c sheen

hash tag;
    Duck; that was me.
    http://tv.yahoo.com/news/charlie-she...001531946.html
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    My neg rep of Vegas's post was a misclick. I've issued an IOU plus a 1 rep penalty.

Comments

vegas1369: Tough but fair.

wrenchjockey: Repeat 1st down

Corrigan: very fair

Load Metric
    and now the race baiter Jesse Jackson is hoping to cash in on it

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entert...,5380855.story

On Monday, Jackson, head of the Rainbow PUSH Coalition, demanded a meeting within 72 hours over his claim in a GQ interview that African-Americans were perfectly happy before Civil Rights. Rosa Parks helped launch the movement when she refused to give up her seat to a white passenger on Dec. 1, 1955.

“These statements uttered by Robertson are more offensive than the bus driver in Montgomery, Alabama, more than 59 years ago,” Jackson said in a statement. “At least the bus driver, who ordered Rosa Parks to surrender her seat to a white person, was following state law. Robertson’s statements were uttered freely and openly without cover of the law, within a context of what he seemed to believe was ‘white privilege.’”

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Anyone who gets offended by some redneck that they don't even know is a faggot. In fact, it' been proved that people who go out of their way to be offended by anyone for any reason love dicks in their ass.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Anyone who gets offended by some redneck that they don't even know is a faggot. In fact, it' been proved that people who go out of their way to be offended by anyone for any reason love dicks in their ass.
    Pretty sure that's what caused this problem in the first place.
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Load Metric
    A&E Relents:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...bertson-667647

A&E Welcomes Phil Robertson Back to 'Duck Dynasty'

Less than two weeks after his anti-gay remarks prompted an "indefinite hiatus" for the reality patriarch — and a strong fan backlash — the network says he will remain on the series.

Phil Robertson, the patriarch of A&E's Duck Dynasty clan who was suspended from his hit reality series on Dec. 18 following some incendiary comments about gay people, won't be put on hiatus after all.

The network and the Robertson family announced Friday that Phil will still be part of the series -- and since he didn't miss any filming, his temporary suspension will have no effect on the upcoming fifth season.
    An A&E statement to The Hollywood Reporterread:
    As a global media content company, A+E Networks' core values are centered around creativity, inclusion and mutual respect. We believe it is a privilege for our brands to be invited into people’s home and we operate with a strong sense of integrity and deep commitment to these principals.
    That is why we reacted so quickly and strongly to a recent interview with Phil Robertson. While Phil’s comments made in the interview reflect his personal views based on his own beliefs, and his own personal journey, he and his family have publicly stated they regret the “coarse language” he used and the mis-interpretation of his core beliefs based only on the article. He also made it clear he would “never incite or encourage hate.” We at A+E Networks expressed our disappointment with his statements in the article, and reiterate that they are not views we hold.
    But Duck Dynasty is not a show about one man's views. It resonates with a large audience because it is a show about family… a family that America has come to love. As you might have seen in many episodes, they come together to reflect and pray for unity, tolerance and forgiveness. These are three values that we at A+E Networks also feel strongly about.
    So after discussions with the Robertson family, as well as consulting with numerous advocacy groups, A&E has decided to resume filming Duck Dynasty later this spring with the entire Robertson family.
    We will also use this moment to launch a national public service campaign (PSA) promoting unity, tolerance and acceptance among all people, a message that supports our core values as a company, and the values found in Duck Dynasty. These PSAs will air across our entire portfolio.
    In addition, an A&E source says the family and the network are going to work together to promote tolerance moving forward.
    Robertson's comments in GQ magazine, which included the 67-year-old likening homosexuality to "bestiality," prompted an almost immediate announcement from A&E.
    PHOTOS: 'Duck Dynasty,' Matthew McConaughey, 'Breaking Bad' and THR's Rule Breakers of 2013
    "We are extremely disappointed to have read Phil Robertson's comments in GQ, which are based on his own personal beliefs and are not reflected in the series Duck Dynasty," read a network statement at the time. "His personal views in no way reflect those of A+E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community. The network has placed Phil under hiatus from filming indefinitely."
    A&E's swift reaction to the comments, praised by some, prompted objections from many fans of the show. Prior to his reinstatement, a petition started by Christian fans gathered north of 200,000 signatures demanding he be put back on the series. Robertson and the rest of his family have stood by the controversial comments that prompted the media furor, putting the future of A&E's top-rated series in question.
    On Sunday, Robertson delivered a sermon at his West Monroe, La., church. "I will not give or back off from my path," he told the crowd -- though he did seem to soften a bit, adding "I love all men and women. I am a lover of humanity, not a hater."
    The political fallout has also been significant. Following initial calls to action from GLAAD, people from both side of the political spectrum have weighed in on Robertson's comments and suspension. It's been a popular topic of debate on Fox News, and Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal was among the first to come to Robertson's defense.
    PHOTOS: 'Duck Dynasty's' Phil Robertson and Other Stars Who've Made Anti-Gay Remarks
    The Robertsons' somewhat vague initial reaction to Phil's removal -- "we cannot imagine the show going forward without our patriarch at the helm" -- prompted many to suggest that the cast would not continue filming. But the Robertsons also recently re-signed to stay onboard A&E's top-rated series. After settling a months-long salary standoff in August, A&E signed the entire Robertson clan to a multiyear deal worth more than $200,000 per episode.
    For its part, A&E did little else in the wake of Robertson's comments than the initial suspension. Encores of the series have continued to air, including a marathon on Christmas Day, and canceling or delaying the Jan. 15 season-five premiere never seemed to be on the table.
    Duck Dynasty is a huge asset for A&E. In addition to being the top-rated reality program on cable, second across all of cable to only The Walking Dead with an average 13.4 million viewers and 7.6 million adults 18-49 in live-plus-7 ratings, Duck Dynasty has multiple brand tie-ins. Duck Dynasty gear is available in retailers across the U.S., including Walmart, Sears and Cracker Barrel restaurants.
    The entire Robertson family has been on hiatus for duck hunting season, a contractual stipulation, which continues through Jan. 26 in their native Louisiana.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    A&E calls off 'Duck Dynasty' suspension

A&E BUCKLED
    A&E backed away from its planned suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson
    New episodes will be filmed next spring as scheduled
    Previously filmed season is due Jan. 15

A&E has ducked away from a controversy surrounding the stars of its hugely popular reality series Duck Dynasty.

The network issued a statement late Friday backing off from its previously announced suspension of Phil Robertson, the patriarch of the clan behind the successful Louisiana-based Duck Commander duck-calling business. The suspension was triggered by Robertson's interview with GQ, published last week, in which he made anti-gay statements, which he said reflected his religious beliefs.

The interview sparked protests from human-rights groups, and led to A&E's quick decision to suspend Robertson from future episodes. But that action also triggered a backlash from some Dynasty fans, who tried to organize a boycott of the network -- and Robertson's own family, which suggested it would not be willing to keep filming the series without him.

In a statement, the network cited its "core values" of "inclusion and mutual respect" to explain why "we reacted so quickly and strongly." "While Phil's comments made in the interview reflect his personal views based on his own beliefs, and his own personal journey, he and his family have publicly stated they regret the 'coarse language' he used and the misinterpretation of his core beliefs based only on the article. He also made it clear he would 'never incite or encourage hate.' We at A+E Networks expressed our disappointment with his statements in the article, and reiterate that they are not views we hold."

The statement then offered some wiggle room: "But Duck Dynasty is not a show about one man's views. It resonates with a large audience because it is a show about family… a family that America has come to love. As you might have seen in many episodes, they come together to reflect and pray for unity, tolerance and forgiveness," the statement said. "After discussions with the Robertson family, as well as consulting with numerous advocacy groups, A&E has decided to resume filming Duck Dynasty later this spring with the entire Robertson family."

An already completed 10-episode season will begin airing Jan. 15, with all of the Robertsons featured. The new episodes, scheduled to be shot this spring, will air later next year. Duck is the No. 2 series on cable TV, behind The Walking Dead, and ranks among the top 30 of all TV shows with an average of 13http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/t...versy/4224507/

Load Metric
    lol commentaments:

Wilkins Micawberan hour ago
    Duck hunters - 1, dick hunters - 0

Load Metric
    Not sure if this was posted earlier, it's got over a million views, hopefully it gets a lot more...

Comments

Corrigan: solid rant

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    wtf is duck dynasty? Show any good?

Comments

4Dragons: No, it sucks, I made it through 1 episode

Rollo Tomasi: No, it sucks, I made it through 2 minutes

Load Metric
    Not sure if this was posted earlier, it's got over a million views, hopefully it gets a lot more...

He may have a valid point but all the yelling made me turn it off after about 30 seconds. After looking at the titles of the videos on his channel it is obvious that he is a militant atheist who will rail against anything remotely cloaked in religion.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post

He may have a valid point but all the yelling made me turn it off after about 30 seconds. After looking at the titles of the videos on his channel it is obvious that he is a militant atheist who will rail against anything remotely cloaked in religion.
    I didn't look at any of his other stuff, I just thought his rant was pretty good. I can see how the yelling would be annoying though.

Load Metric
    I didn't look at any of his other stuff, I just thought his rant was pretty good. I can see how the yelling would be annoying though.
    I love a good rant too. I just prefer something more along the lines of Dennis Miller. My tops all time is still the Adam Carolla rant on Occupy Wall Street.

Comments

vegas1369: That one was really good.

Rollo Tomasi: Dennis Miller rant rep

Thread Information