Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Big Duck gets shot down

Load Metric

Big Duck gets shot down

here we go again:

'Duck Dynasty's' Phil Robertson suspended for comments about gays

12:17 p.m. CST, December 19, 2013

A&E has indefinitely suspended "Duck Dynasty" patriarch Phil Robertson after anti-gay comments he made in the January 2014 issue of GQ magazine.

Robertson, outspoken about his Christian faith, equated homosexuality with bestiality and called the lifestyle a sin.

"We are extremely disappointed to have read Phil Robertson's comments in GQ, which are based on his own personal beliefs and are not reflected in the series 'Duck Dynasty'," A&E said in a statement on Wednesday.

"His personal views in no way reflect those of A&E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community. The network has placed Phil under hiatus from filming indefinitely."

The Hollywood Reporter said that Robertson will likely appear in the new season, which begins Jan. 15, since production is nearly finished.

In the GQ interview, Robertson goes on record with comments about the sinfulness of gays and black people under Jim Crow.

In the profile, an unedited Robertson sounds off on what's ailing the country during a trip through the Louisiana backwoods.

"Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men," he tells reporter Drew Magary. "Don't be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won't inherit the kingdom of God. Don't deceive yourself. It's not right."

He also muses about his own sexual orientation: "It seems like, to me, a vagina—as a man—would be more desirable than a man's anus. That's just me. I'm just thinking: There's more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I'm saying? But hey, sin: It's not logical, my man. It's just not logical.""

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entert...,6319736.story
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Load Metric
    I didnt see his statements as against gays. He stated that its a sin (which I am assuming is due to his religious beliefs) but he just stated that he thinks vag's are more enjoyable than the ass.

TLC is going to take heat for this decision. Maybe they can go to another cable network?

Edit: A&E. I obv dont watch this crap. No clue what channel it is on.

Comments

LLL: gotcha

PLOL: .
    Last edited by DRK Star; 12-19-2013 at 10:39 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Comments

Corrigan: lol

Muck Ficon: nailed it

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    I didnt see his statements as against gays. He stated that its a sin (which I am assuming is due to his religious beliefs) but he just stated that he thinks vag's are more enjoyable than the ass.

TLC is going to take heat for this decision. Maybe they can go to another cable network?

Edit: A&E. I obv dont watch this crap. No clue what channel it is on.
    They're all up there in Rollo's post. I don't think he's a homophobe, just an ignorant fool.

LOL at Palin and others calling this a free speech issue.

Comments

DRK Star: sorry, phrasing. read the statements. I dont think they are homophobic. Redneck is gonna redneck.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric
    I may be eating my words. This should be fun now.

TMZ is blowing this up. Sounds like he has been a HUGE gay basher for years, and A&E knew!

Load Metric
    Name:  LaterFag.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  154.4 KB
    Last edited by 4Dragons; 12-19-2013 at 12:39 PM.

Load Metric
    i was 100% ok with him saying he found manass distasteful until he started in on his bible shit and roped bestiality etc into the picture.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    i was 100% ok with him saying he found manass distasteful until he started in on his bible shit and roped bestiality etc into the picture.
    The way I read it, it was a list of sins, not an equation or progression. But we see what we want to see, i suppose. But if he did mean it that way, would he be more likely to do it with a female animal over a male animal? That's the question PFA wants answered.

Comments

Rollo Tomasi: commas are your friend

Load Metric
    update:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Which one is he?

Load Metric
    Does anyone watch this show? I couldn't get through the first episode. Was very dull and as I watched it I felt like the lights were dimming.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Did ratings happen to be dipping before this "bombshell" was released?

Load Metric
    No, it's the highest rated program on cable television, ever. To boot, these people have 'fuck you' money, so I would expect them to tell A&E to stuff it.

Load Metric
    This is the only sort of news story that Rollo can wrap his head around intellectually.

Comments

DRK Star: this country is full of horrible human beings with no class or taste

Rollo Tomasi: quack quack
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    No, it's the highest rated program on cable television, ever. To boot, these people have 'fuck you' money, so I would expect them to tell A&E to stuff it.
    I just view everything as pre-planned. No chance of that here?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrigan View Post
    This is the only sort of news story that Rollo can wrap his head around intellectually.
    you are just pissed that you didn't post it first being that you are white trash
    and stop trolling me or we will go back to the neg rep war

Comments

Corrigan: the WHAT war?

Which one is he?

Load Metric
    I mean this Phil guy does have a masters degree... I don't put it out of the realm of possibility that he's simply playing his role to rally the conservative regime and further divide a nation. I mean to tons of retards this will look like and example of oppression of free speech. If this show is that popular than you can pretty much count on gun sales going through the roof for the next month.

Like this couldn't really divide a nation any better. It's setting up awesomely for a Free speech vs. free sexual orientation debate that the Elite can use to make money and force changes all while tricking people into thinking that they themselves are making these changes.

Anything big like this that gets this much press has almost zero chance of ever being some random event. Why the fuck else is this Phil dude doing articles for a metrosexual magazine like that?

Divide and conquer.

Load Metric
    I have never watched a minute of the show, and I had to wiki the guy, but after reading his bio, I am just shaking my head at the idea of ever sitting down with GQ in the first place.

Where is his agent? Where is his fucking kids?

I read that this show is the highest rated show in AE history. How the fuck is this not the most foreseeable PR crisis ever? The guy is 67 years old, and been a hardcore fundamentalist for a long time. He isn't changing his views, and if you ask him any hot button question, he's going to give his fucking opinion. Old people give their opinion. To old Christians, to answer it any other way is to be ashamed of your faith. This guy is never finessing an answer.

Basically every fucking 67 year old straight man I know is going to fuck this question up to some degree. Every heterosexual male in the world looks at gay guys and thinks, "really, you want to fuck him when you can fuck her?" It's the essence of being straight. Most will leave out the bestiality nonsense that will spell his demise, but if you know this guy, you know he isn't.

It's just such a no-brainer. His agent, the network, his kids, how does someone not simply tell him that it's game over if he does media interviews with anything other than friendly press? If this guy is my client, and the show is printing money, he's doing the Huckabee Show, Fox & Friends, and that's it. That's his demo anyway. Who thinks, let's roll him out for the NY press?

Shit like this tilts me to no end. You probably have a hundred people scouting shooting locations, color coordinating his duck whistles for branding, and everyone misses the giant fucking hole in the entire operation. Sitting this dude down with GQ is like having Rollo moderate a presidential debate or be a commentator on the Trayvon Martin case. You might get away with it a few times, but eventually his true self is going to sink the giant money boat.

If this is my dad or client, I'm taking fat stacks of hundreds and just continually toss them on an open fire and making him watch them smolder away until he decides to pass on the interview. If he insists on still doing it, then fuck him, but if they didn't make it that clear, they are stupider than he is. I'm slipping my father a roofie and hoping I can talk sense into him when he wakes up before I let him become a public whipping boy. They know how the real world works. He's an old man, and if he says this shit when he was 50, no one cares. You are not going to make someone that age get that shit has changed that much in the past 20 years.

Comments

Gordman: absolutely hit it on the head

SrslySirius: Solid post

Load Metric
    Exactly BCR. Why would he ever sit down with GQ???? Why would he say those things being as smart as he is??????

Why would any of those things ever happen unless it was planned and he was just playing his roll.

Load Metric
    double post fail.

Load Metric
    “I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person," Robertson is quoted in GQ. "Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field.... They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!... Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.”

Pretty sure that those remarks would have gotten him plenty of trouble even if he never said the gay stuff.

Comments

Rollo Tomasi: southern blacks are polite

Thread Information