Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jon Gruden to Texas Longhorns?

Bronze
    Load Metric

Jon Gruden to Texas Longhorns?

Rumors are swirling he is interested. Unlike other Gruden rumors he is not denying it this time. It would be great to have him in college football.

Load Metric
    I like Brian Kelly to Texas as well, but yeah, Gruden would be such a great instructor and motivator. I dont know what his recruiting skills are, but you would think with the amount of spotlight he has had over the last 5 years, people would jump to play for him.

Lovie Smith just interviewed with the Houston Texans.

Brian Billick should start putting up Billboards at this point, to remind people he still has a pulse.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Gruden's just as much a lame d#ck stupid MFer as Kiffen. Both graduates From Al Davis limpd#ck academy.

Comments

DRK Star: you seem to be drinking the prune juice kool aid

wrenchjockey: Old man calling younger men limpdick is what we call psychological projection. I'll wait while you look that up.

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    Yeah he would be a great motivator if his players wore earplugs. Gruden never shuts the fuck up.

Jon Gruden Still Talking Inside ESPN Broadcast Booth 45 Minutes After End Of ‘Monday Night Football’

Sports News in Brief • Sports • NFL Football • ISSUE 49•37 • Sep 10, 2013

"WASHINGTON—ESPN’s Monday Night Football commentator Jon Gruden reportedly continued speaking into his microphone for 45 minutes following the conclusion of last night’s Eagles–Redskins matchup, incessantly rambling on about the potential of rookie players, his experiences as an NFL coach, and quarterback throwing mechanics. “I’m telling you, if the Eagles are going to keep running a one-deep, RGIII just needs to look him off and that slot receiver is going to be wide open all night,” Gruden reportedly babbled aloud, standing alone in the darkened broadcast booth overlooking the completely empty stadium as crew members packed the last cases of camera equipment into the production truck.

“This kid is something special, and I love watching him go out there and play like he’s having fun. He’s what I like to call a true competitor.” Witnesses confirmed that after the rest of the production team left the stadium, Gruden continued discussing the intricacies of the Eagles’ spread offense as a FedExField janitor attempted to vacuum around his feet."

http://www.theonion.com/articles/jon...ast-boo,33807/

Load Metric
    Announcer is a pretty cushy job. I'd never leave that job to go work 20 hours a day as a football coach. Especially in the NCAA where you have to worry about recruiting as well as coaching, and also worry about every stupid little NCAA rule you can never keep up with.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Texas is essentially a girl who thinks she's really hot but in reality is not.

By far the most delusional fan base in college football.

Saban?
    Meyer?
    Harbaugh?
    Gruden?

A smart coach wouldn't touch that job. Way too many power players / politics involved.

Texas is a borderline blue blood program anyway.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Texas should just hire Briles and get it over with. The guy will win and win big there if he gets the job

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Texas should just hire Briles and get it over with. The guy will win and win big there if he gets the job
    I think Briles would take it but I think he'd ultimately hate it.

Apparently, Briles hates doing anything outside of coaching/recruiting. The Texas job comes with a hell of lot more than just that. With the LHN the Texas coach is expected to do a lot of TV. This is something Briles absolutely disdains. Plus the political aspect that I mentioned before; I'm not sure Briles is suited for that piece of it.

Load Metric
    Lane Kiffin for the win!!!!!!

Load Metric
    gruden is the best announcer too come along in years

Comments

handicapme: dumb n-word rep

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    I agree with this and would hate to see him leave MNF

Fwiw why not roll the dice and just give it Major Applewhite

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lvpkr1009 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post

Really? i mean, I think he is better than some of the trash ESPN used to throw in their booth (Theismann OMG) but he is still damn annoying. I think Michaels and Collinsworth are the class of the announcer tandems out there right now. Al, of course, always knows the line of the game he is covering, and will make sly references to it, which has always been a bonus for me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Really? i mean, I think he is better than some of the trash ESPN used to throw in their booth (Theismann OMG) but he is still damn annoying. I think Michaels and Collinsworth are the class of the announcer tandems out there right now. Al, of course, always knows the line of the game he is covering, and will make sly references to it, which has always been a bonus for me.
    I agree that Michaels & Collinsworth on the Sunday night game on NBC are the best tandem but I don't mind Gruden as an announcer in the booth. What I don't like from him are those taped interviews he does. Some of those are just terrible.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Bronze
    Load Metric

I agree with Michaels and collinsworth being the best tandem was more or less speaking about MNF. Ya I love the whole AL knowing the line on the game. It always cracks me up when a game goes over the total or covers one way or the other with a meaningless touchdown and he talks about how there's a lot of people either really happy or disgusted with what just happened. Brent musburger is the same way in the college game

Load Metric

John Gruden is a caricature of himself. He has become the old burnt out John Madden. Fucking annoying. I feel like he is playing me with is act.

"This guy's" mouth is running on autopilot with the same shtick that got him some notoriety.

Madden was clinically brain dead toward the end and just went with the act that got him there, so he is excused.

I have an app on my phone set to alert me when Gruden has an original observation. I am not sure the app works yet.

Does "This Guy" ever say anything controversial? 77 year old John Madden is calling out Shanahan over the RGIII benching. So I listen to what he has to say. Gruden is as likely to say something thought provoking as Faith Hill.

Comments

Prodigal son: Annoying yes but Gruden does know his shit

tony bagadonuts: Perfect synopsis of Gruden's fail. He knows his shit but he's a joke and annoying as fuck.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 12-22-2013 at 11:24 AM.

Load Metric
    Michaels and Collinsworth are top top.

You know who are surprisingly good? Nessler and Mayock on NFL Network. Mayock more so than Nessler. Mayock knows the game inside and out and makes a lot of interesting observations. He's also a scouting junkie. This tandem is being wasted on NFL Network's shitty games.

Not big on Gruden. I would have preferred they keep Jaws in the booth for his analysis. The couple of years Gruden and Jaws fought in the booth, jesus that was painful.

Comments

tony bagadonuts: Mayock is the best color man in the biz IMO.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Mayock is an annoying "topper" though.

He is constantly cutting the other guy off and everything he says we are supposed to take as Truth.

Load Metric
    Apparently, there are three coaches left on Texas' list that haven't flat out told them no yet:

Fisher
    Briles
    Strong

My guess from the beginning was Jimbo Fisher but as this thing plays out I think ultimately china was correct and Briles will be the guy.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I hope someone gives this guy a shot at HC:

Load Metric
    In b4 Detroit snags him.

That motherfucker belongs here.

Thread Information