Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Figured it would be nice to post a Las Vegas trip report 12/20-23

Load Metric

Figured it would be nice to post a Las Vegas trip report 12/20-23

Well since USC found itself in the Las Vegas Bowl this year I figured I would make a trip up there for a few reasons.
    Reason 1- My experience at the UCLA game was so bad I didn't want to end the season on such a sour note. Reason 2- My girlfriend will be out of town visiting her sister. She is not a Vegas person at all.
    Reason 3- I achieved Gold status with MLife and am half-ass attempting to make it to Platinum status.

I will be staying at the Aria as I pretty much stay there exclusively. Pretty much came up with an itinerary but that can change.

Friday- Leaving work at 11-11:30 so I should arrive hopefully by 4. Check in and settle in. I might take a quick nap but I will be eating at Lemongrass then I will be playing the Aria nightly tourney to get into a good poker mindset. I will be taking it easy that night so whenever I bust or take down the tourney I will either head back to my room or possibly chilling out at Bar Vdara depending on the time or how I feel.

Saturday- I will be up by 10 so that I can eat breakfast and then make the really weird north then east then south and then east again drive to Sam Boyd Stadium. I plan arriving at around 11:30 for a 12:30 kickoff. After the game I hope to be in a happy and celebratory mood. I will return back to the Aria. I plan on eating at Julian Serrano for tapas with a few friends who will also be in town for the game. I then plan on playing some 2-5 at the Bellagio.

Sunday- I plan on playing the Daily Aria tourney as that tournament has been getting a good turnout plus it usually is pretty juicy. I then plan on making the trek up north to the Mirage for a Kobe burger at BLT. Then I plan on playing some 2-5 at the Venetian which is also usually pretty juicy as well.

Monday- Wake up eat breakfast then it is time to hit the I-15 going southbound.

I plan on updating this thread while I am there.

Comments

Indyrick: have fun at the USC game.

cmoney: Gl. vegas has become my second home. If I was in town would offer to buy you some drinks

garrett: This was painful to read, your delivery lacks impact. USC alum? Nonetheless, enjoy.

Gordman: Douchbag garrett counter rep

Platinum
    Load Metric
    any chance for any gambling degeneracy or tits on this trip?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    Probably not. I am not a spring chicken anymore. I do plan on playing some video poker to grab some tier credits. What's nice about aria is that they offer 9/5 odds on Jacks or Better. If I do decide to play in the pit, it will most likely be at a locals joint like Red Rock, Green Valley Ranch, or the M.

I've never been to keen on strip clubs either. I prefer to splurge on good food and drink.

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Good Food And Drink Rep.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy Collins View Post
    Probably not. I am not a spring chicken anymore. I do plan on playing some video poker to grab some tier credits. What's nice about aria is that they offer 9/5 odds on Jacks or Better. If I do decide to play in the pit, it will most likely be at a locals joint like Red Rock, Green Valley Ranch, or the M.

I've never been to keen on strip clubs either. I prefer to splurge on good food and drink.
    that is all code for getting drunk and hiring Asian hookers

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Hookers, But Forgot The Blow Rep

Load Metric
    Well since USC found itself in the Las Vegas Bowl this year I figured I would make a trip up there for a few reasons.
    Reason 1- My experience at the UCLA game was so bad I didn't want to end the season on such a sour note. Reason 2- My girlfriend will be out of town visiting her sister. She is not a Vegas person at all.
    Reason 3- I achieved Gold status with MLife and am half-ass attempting to make it to Platinum status.

I will be staying at the Aria as I pretty much stay there exclusively. Pretty much came up with an itinerary but that can change.

Friday- Leaving work at 11-11:30 so I should arrive hopefully by 4. Check in and settle in. I might take a quick nap but I will be eating at Lemongrass then I will be playing the Aria nightly tourney to get into a good poker mindset. I will be taking it easy that night so whenever I bust or take down the tourney I will either head back to my room or possibly chilling out at Bar Vdara depending on the time or how I feel.

Saturday- I will be up by 10 so that I can eat breakfast and then make the really weird north then east then south and then east again drive to Sam Boyd Stadium. I plan arriving at around 11:30 for a 12:30 kickoff. After the game I hope to be in a happy and celebratory mood. I will return back to the Aria. I plan on eating at Julian Serrano for tapas with a few friends who will also be in town for the game. I then plan on playing some 2-5 at the Bellagio.

Sunday- I plan on playing the Daily Aria tourney as that tournament has been getting a good turnout plus it usually is pretty juicy. I then plan on making the trek up north to the Mirage for a Kobe burger at BLT. Then I plan on playing some 2-5 at the Venetian which is also usually pretty juicy as well.

wow, that is one organized trip for a single non gay dude.
    Have you decided on the nap, yet? Or are we all going to lose sleep until then?
    J/k

What is your feel on the game?
    Motivation is a key to betting bowl games, and that USC team, no one seems to be able to put a finger on if they will care or not.
    (from the outside)

OBV it isn't where they wanted to be to start the season,
    but then they rallied for a great season
    then I've heard on some pod casts the players are mad that they fired the interim coach,
    now I'm hearing they are fine w/it.

you are the PFA USC insider, help

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post

wow, that is one organized trip for a single non gay dude.
    Have you decided on the nap, yet? Or are we all going to lose sleep until then?
    J/k

What is your feel on the game?
    Motivation is a key to betting bowl games, and that USC team, no one seems to be able to put a finger on if they will care or not.
    (from the outside)

OBV it isn't where they wanted to be to start the season,
    but then they rallied for a great season
    then I've heard on some pod casts the players are mad that they fired the interim coach,
    now I'm hearing they are fine w/it.

you are the PFA USC insider, help
    I think that because of the embarrassment both on and off the field from last years Sun Bowl, they will be playing their A game tomorrow.

There are a few guys like Lee and Bailey who want to improve their draft stock. Kessler needs to show why he should be the starting qb next year.

I have not looked at the spread yet but I think it will be a close one.

Load Metric
    CMoney- Las Vegas has become my second home as well. I am guessing that I will be making at least 6 trips and probably more for business and 3-4 trips for fun. Hopefully our paths cross sooner than later.

Silver
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric

What? 9/5 or 8/5 or full pay is 9/6?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodpoop View Post

What? 9/5 or 8/5 or full pay is 9/6?
    9/5 is pretty much the best odds that you will find on the strip. Usually you will find 8/5 or even 7/5.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cleatus View Post
    LV is usually dead at this time. Hopefully you will be playing against truly bad gambling degens with no holiday functions to attend. Everybody else will be local grinders.

The expected return of vp is usually stated as a pay table. 9/5 = 98.45%. What hands does this represent? OBV I don't play jacks or better.
    The bowl game is sold out so there are plenty of tourists here. The tables at the Aria are full with pretty long waiting lists.

9 is what 1 bet would pay out for a full house and 5 is what a flush would pay out. I always play the maximum bet which is 5x the unit that is advertised.

Garrett I am asking you nicely that you please refrain from fucking up this thread. We all know that you are jealous that you cannot afford to be here.

Anyway just sat down at Lemongrass. Ordered my usual Duck Red Curry.

Registration for the tournament has not yet opened. It does not start for another hour anyway.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cleatus View Post
    LV is usually dead at this time. Hopefully you will be playing against truly bad gambling degens with no holiday functions to attend. Everybody else will be local grinders.

The expected return of vp is usually stated as a pay table. 9/5 = 98.45%. What hands does this represent? OBV I don't play jacks or better.
    The bowl game is sold out so there are plenty of tourists here. The tables at the Aria are full with pretty long waiting lists.

9 is what 1 bet would pay out for a full house and 5 is what a flush would pay out. I always play the maximum bet which is 5x the unit that is advertised.

Garrett I am asking you nicely that you please refrain from fucking up this thread. We all know that you are jealous that you cannot afford to be here.

Registration for the tournament has not yet opened. It does not start for another hour anyway.

If you don't care just having fun ok, but there is a pretty difference between 9/6 and 9/5 if you are trying to make money over a period of time.
    I'd bet druff wouldn't touch that game. (unless there was a promotion that got it to + EV.)

that Bob dancer dude is always saying he plays at palms.
    this is from his book about beginners

Name:  9 6.PNG
Views: 348
Size:  29.5 KB

Platinum
    Load Metric
    so lets say theoretically you play at 98.9-99.0% since youre bound to have some fuckups if you are trying to grind comps...

how long would it take you to learn how to play well enough to get to that level?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post

If you don't care just having fun ok, but there is a pretty difference between 9/6 and 9/5 if you are trying to make money over a period of time.
    I'd bet druff wouldn't touch that game. (unless there was a promotion that got it to + EV.)

that Bob dancer dude is always saying he plays at palms.
    this is from his book about beginners

Name:  9 6.PNG
Views: 348
Size:  29.5 KB
    I am playing VP here just to earn tier credits and hopefully break even factoring the comps. I will play at Red Rock since they offer 9/6 for max profit potential.

This example is similar to why Druff played at Harrahs Rincon.

Load Metric
    so lets say theoretically you play at 98.9-99.0% since youre bound to have some fuckups if you are trying to grind comps...

how long would it take you to learn how to play well enough to get to that level?
    When I play I do not drink and I take my time to analyze the hand.

Probably a lot but this is supplementing the hotel stays and meals which 80% of the time my company pays for. You gotta know how to utilize your players card.

Load Metric
    OK I'm at 1st break with 16-17K. I had about 25K but who gives a shit.

At my table there is a Clonie Gowan lookalike. However I noticed that there was something odd about this person. I noticed that she had a more muscular build and had a deeper voice. I look a little closer at her neck and what do I find...

An Adam's apple.

I am being more entertained watching my table flirt with her than taking this thing down. I doubled her up when my nut straight ran into her baby flush on the river.

It might be the one time that LLL does not wish for me to take it down.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: Where they drink champagne and it tastes just like Coca-Cola
    Last edited by Bootsy Collins; 12-20-2013 at 08:54 PM.

Load Metric
    GL Booter

Comments

Walter Sobchak: Parliament rep

Load Metric
    GG me. My chipcount was more up and down than the value of bitcoin this past month. Off to the losers lounge for a couple of beers. Tomorrow is a new day.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    GG me. My chipcount was more up and down than the value of bitcoin this past month. Off to the losers lounge for a couple of beers. Tomorrow is a new day.
    If you're interested in a great chance to win a tourney play the 100 at red rock. The players are awful, basically their cards are face up and they limit it to 40 players. It used to be at 10am and would get about 30 runners paying like 1100 up top because people would always pay the bubble usually 5th place plus it's unlimited reentry for the first hour so you get some of theses. It's now sometime around 6pm You get 7500 chips to start and decent levels. I couldn't tell you if the players are different because of the time change. Usually since it was early you got a lot of old guys a couple of older women and a few of us capable players who always cashed. I've played it only about 10 times and won 4 cashed 3 others and it's not very serious so it's always fun. You'll end up chopping 3 handed if interested and get a good price where 2nd and 3rd pay more than listed the last time I won I just ended up chopping heads up and offered the guy who was Like 60 just 50/50 split paying 775 each because he was wearing an ohio state hat
    Last edited by lvpkr1009; 12-20-2013 at 11:21 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lvpkr1009 View Post
    If you're interested in a great chance to win a tourney play the 100 at red rock. The players are awful, basically their cards are face up and they limit it to 40 players. It used to be at 10am and would get about 30 runners paying like 750 up top because people would always pay the bubble usually 5th place plus it's unlimited reentry for the first hour so you get some of theses. It's now sometime around 6pm You get 7500 chips to start and decent levels. I couldn't tell you if the players are different because of the time change. Usually since it was early you got a lot of old guys a couple of older women and a few of us capable players who always cashed. I've played it only about 10 times and won 4 cashed 3 others and it's not very serious so it's always fun. You'll end up chopping 3 handed if interested and get a good price where 2nd and 3rd pay more than listed
    The only other tourney that I will be playing will be the Aria daily on Sunday. I cashed the last time that I played it on a Sunday. I will be taking this tourney more seriously than tonights. Tonight was just to get in the groove and I was trying a different style than I would normally play.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lvpkr1009 View Post

If you're interested in a great chance to win a tourney play the 100 at red rock. The players are awful, basically their cards are face up and they limit it to 40 players. It used to be at 10am and would get about 30 runners paying like 750 up top because people would always pay the bubble usually 5th place plus it's unlimited reentry for the first hour so you get some of theses. It's now sometime around 6pm You get 7500 chips to start and decent levels. I couldn't tell you if the players are different because of the time change. Usually since it was early you got a lot of old guys a couple of older women and a few of us capable players who always cashed. I've played it only about 10 times and won 4 cashed 3 others and it's not very serious so it's always fun. You'll end up chopping 3 handed if interested and get a good price where 2nd and 3rd pay more than listed
    The only other tourney that I will be playing will be the Aria daily on Sunday. I cashed the last time that I played it on a Sunday. I will be taking this tourney more seriously than tonights. Tonight was just to get in the groove and I was trying a different style than I would normally play.

The aria is by far the best tourney on the strip except for maybe the 335 buy in tourney at 2pm fri sat sun at bellagio...some time in 2014 I want to put together 10k I can just dust off in the new bellagio tourney which is never easy to pull off explaining that one to my girlfriend since we've got kids lol
    Last edited by lvpkr1009; 12-21-2013 at 12:03 AM.

Thread Information