Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some Bozo is Going to Pay Over 99K for George Zimmerman's "Art"

Load Metric

Some Bozo is Going to Pay Over 99K for George Zimmerman's "Art"

A fool and their money...
    http://www.ebay.com/George-Zimmerman...Art_Paintings& hash=item19e66a847a#shpCntId
    On my phone so apologies if the link is fucked.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/George-Zimme...item19e66a847a

link^

Its a brilliant move by him. Its been on numerous news channels, you couldn't buy the type of advertising he's getting for any amount.

Still almost four days left to bid and the bids appear to be legit. This could go off for a huge amount.

Comments

LLL: thanks 4 the link

Diamond
    Load Metric
    If Miley Cyrus is making money than so should he.

Load Metric
    likely > 90 % of bids are fake and will be retracted if they are the winning bid.

Although if bitcoins are worth 1000, why can't this be worth 100k

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeBet View Post
    Still almost four days left to bid and the bids appear to be legit.
    If you think those bids look legit, then I got a BAP I'd like to tell you a little bit about....

Silver
    Load Metric
    Just tried to put a bid down, but apparently a bid of this size triggers some account block that has to be removed by calling eBay. Boo!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Still almost four days left to bid and the bids appear to be legit.
    If you think those bids look legit, then I got a BAP I'd like to tell you a little bit about....
    The bid for $99k is a guy with 380 transactions and 100% positive feedback score. There are several others with long histories, as well. The randoms in between don't really matter. DUCY?

Silver
    Load Metric

The bid for $99k is a guy with 380 transactions and 100% positive feedback score. There are several others with long histories, as well. The randoms in between don't really matter. DUCY?
    I have about that many transactions and 100% feedback, but wouldn't mind winning this and either not paying, or bidding it the fuck up for whomever is dumb enough to pay for it. If I was a halfway decent artist, I'd throw together a painting of George Zimmerman hanging from a tree and throw it up just for the lolz.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by v12cl View Post

I have about that many transactions and 100% feedback, but wouldn't mind winning this and either not paying, or bidding it the fuck up for whomever is dumb enough to pay for it. If I was a halfway decent artist, I'd throw together a painting of George Zimmerman hanging from a tree and throw it up just for the lolz.

But as you just said above they aren't just letting anyone put in bids

Load Metric

Indeed, because we all know that ebay ratings are foolproof, much like youtube view counts.

you can get well-rated ebay accounts as easily as you can buy twitter followers. head over to some websites that like shenanigans, tell them you need stolen/gimmicked ebay accounts to bid up goofy shit like Zimmerman paintings, and they'll probably be happy enough to hook up a bunch of em for you real cheap, if not gratis, for the lulz.

Is it possible those bids are real? Of course. Is it likely? Of course not.

Load Metric
    ebay
    This page may have moved or is no longer available. Please try one of the following:
    Check the Web address you entered to make sure if it's correct.
    Try to access the page directly from the eBay Home page instead of using a bookmark. If the page has moved, reset your bookmark.
    Enter keywords in the Search box and click the Search button. Or, browse through the many categories available at eBay.
    If you are searching for a Help page, click the Back button on your web browser and select another Help page link or try entering different keyword combinations to find appropriate help topics.
    Report this technical issue or view known technical issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo Tomasi View Post
    ebay
    This page may have moved or is no longer available. Please try one of the following:
    Try to access the page directly from the eBay Home page instead of using a bookmark. If the page has moved, reset your bookmark.
    Enter keywords in the Search box and click the Search button. Or, browse through the many categories available at eBay.
    If you are searching for a Help page, click the Back button on your web browser and select another Help page link or try entering different keyword combinations to find appropriate help topics.
    It's definitely still up. user error, IMO.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo Tomasi View Post
    ebay
    It's definitely still up. user error, IMO.
    yea thanx ThreeBets link works, omg it's at 110k for a $5 poster at best

this is the same mentality that draws women to marry death row inmates
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Load Metric

Indeed, because we all know that ebay ratings are foolproof, much like youtube view counts.

you can get well-rated ebay accounts as easily as you can buy twitter followers. head over to some websites that like shenanigans, tell them you need stolen/gimmicked ebay accounts to bid up goofy shit like Zimmerman paintings, and they'll probably be happy enough to hook up a bunch of em for you real cheap, if not gratis, for the lulz.

Ok, Shall we wager then? I will bet you that it sells for $100k or more. If it sells for less or becomes delisted because of fake bids then you win. Since you're so sure these are fake bids this should be a gimme for you. We can have Druff escrow. Let me know the amount.

Comments

PLOL: I'll pay $99 for you to leave the site

Load Metric

Ok, Shall we wager then? I will bet you that it sells for $100k or more. If it sells for less or becomes delisted because of fake bids then you win. Since you're so sure these are fake bids this should be a gimme for you. We can have Druff escrow. Let me know the amount.
    I'm not much for these types of wagers, but I'll do $50 just for the fuck of it.

We're talking about the auction in the following link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/George-Zimme...item19e66a847a

The bet is about whether this specific auction listing will end in a completed sale for $100,000 or more. I say it does not, you say it does. If the item gets pulled for any reason, I win, even if it gets re-listed immediately. Essentially, the above link has to show a real, completed sale for over $100K for you to win. Any other outcome, I win.

Deal? May be tomorrow afternoon by the time I get the money to Druff, but I promise you I am 100% good for this.

Load Metric

I'm not much for these types of wagers, but I'll do $50 just for the fuck of it.

We're talking about the auction in the following link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/George-Zimme...item19e66a847a

The bet is about whether this specific auction listing will end in a completed sale for $100,000 or more. I say it does not, you say it does. If the item gets pulled for any reason, I win, even if it gets re-listed immediately. Essentially, the above link has to show a real, completed sale for over $100K for you to win. Any other outcome, I win.

Deal? May be tomorrow afternoon by the time I get the money to Druff, but I promise you I am 100% good for this.
    Ok deal. No need to escrow if its just $50. I dont know much about ebay so I'm already assuming I'll lose on some weird re-listing technicality, but we'll see. COnfirmed bet on my end.

Silver
    Load Metric

If I wanted to suffer through eBay support, I suppose I could try to get approved.

Load Metric

If I wanted to suffer through eBay support, I suppose I could try to get approved.
    How sad does your life have to be to go through all of the trouble just to be able to say "haha I made a fake bid"?

Load Metric

Ok deal. No need to escrow if its just $50. I dont know much about ebay so I'm already assuming I'll lose on some weird re-listing technicality, but we'll see. COnfirmed bet on my end.
    confirmed. good deal.

my guess is the bids hit the millions within a day and the auction gets pulled with plenty of time remaining. No ebay auction for any strange item ever ends well when it gets publicity like this. It just encourages more and more fake bidding to see how high the number can get.

Silver
    Load Metric
    How sad does your life have to be to go through all of the trouble just to be able to say "haha I made a fake bid"?
    Says the guy wagering on the outcome of this auction.
    Last edited by v12cl; 12-17-2013 at 11:13 PM.

Thread Information