Thread: Vegas developer selling $7.85M mansion for bitcoin

Load Metric

Vegas developer selling $7.85M mansion for bitcoin

http://news.yahoo.com/vegas-develope...--finance.html Good move or terrible choice? I haven't looked at bitcoins in months and was wondering what people thought of this.

Load Metric
    stfu u dumb spook!! I hate the Redskins but the guy was set up to fail this yr. This is the same guy that had u all scratching your heads when he was up 14-0 on your super bowl champs this yr!! Die u nobody mother fcker

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by badguy23 View Post
    stfu u dumb spook!! I hate the Redskins but the guy was set up to fail this yr. This is the same guy that had u all scratching your heads when he was up 14-0 on your super bowl champs this yr!! Die u nobody mother fcker

Load Metric
    It gets publicity, but there's very little chance that someone will pay in bitcoin. In the bitcoin thread, I posted about how someone analyzed the blockchain and found that about 80 people owned 25% of the total bitcoin, or about $10M worth each. Less than 900 people owned another 25%, for about a million each. So there are maybe a couple hundred people in the entire world who could buy that house with bitcoin they currently own.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Not going to read the article but it's all about what the coin price is at sale time. If he sold when the coins were over $1200 then obviously that is horrible compared to if he sold at something like $650 which they dropped to in the past week.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    It gets publicity, but there's very little chance that someone will pay in bitcoin. In the bitcoin thread, I posted about how someone analyzed the blockchain and found that about 80 people owned 25% of the total bitcoin, or about $10M worth each. Less than 900 people owned another 25%, for about a million each. So there are maybe a couple hundred people in the entire world who could buy that house with bitcoin they currently own.

Total publicity stunt.

But very interesting that 80 people own 25% of total bitcoin, and fewer than 1000 own 50% of it.

Can anyone say "Market manipulation"?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Total publicity stunt.

But very interesting that 80 people own 25% of total bitcoin, and fewer than 1000 own 50% of it.

A large number of those people are early miners. The only manipulation they could do is lower the price by dumping.

Load Metric
    CNBC yesterday mid afternoon (primetime) ran a few segments on btc, featuring a bank executives etc.

They mentioned someone in Las Vegas selling a 25k sq. ft. mansion and are accepting btc's, I lold and wondered if Micon or any freinds had a 25k sq ft house for sale.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by badguy23 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Load Metric

Total publicity stunt.

Comments

Rollo Tomasi: obvious slam at the US aye

SrslySirius: Use rep responsibly, Rollo

Load Metric
    hypocrite canadians, you just have less money and less people
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Comments

BetCheckBet: Who said this had anything to do with canada vs usa?

Which one is he?

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Saw this article the other day and couldn't believe someone could be this stupid. For what it's worth bitcoin is making it more into mainstream culture. It even made it as an answer on Jeopardy which I couldn't believe when I was watching

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  72.4 KB

Load Metric
    lol at Rollo tilt repping me on multiple threads. Hey fuckhead why don't you use your brain and stop assuming that everypost is somehow an insult to conservative America.

Reason I used USA is because druff is there. Look at any country and you'll find that wealth is distributed in same way (as would be expected with bitcoin). That being said yes early adopters do make up a decent percentage of that.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    lol at Rollo tilt repping me on multiple threads. Hey fuckhead why don't you use your brain and stop assuming that everypost is somehow an insult to conservative America.

Reason I used USA is because druff is there. Look at any country and you'll find that wealth is distributed in same way (as would be expected with bitcoin). That being said yes early adopters do make up a decent percentage of that.
    obv bullshit "Reason I used USA is because druff is there" isn't druff a conservative American, your first instinct is to slam the USA, Bitcoins are international wtf does a US Wealth Chart have to do with it, just cut the crap, we know you short liberal canadian fukers have a Napoleon complex

Which one is he?

Load Metric

Total publicity stunt.

A large number of those people are early miners. The only manipulation they could do is lower the price by dumping.

Most bitcoins remain in the possession of the people who mined them in the first place. The true believers in bitcoin, the people who got in early and started mining the first few million of these things (either lone or in mining groups) still have the vast majority if the coins they mined.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo Tomasi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post

obv bullshit "Reason I used USA is because druff is there" isn't druff a conservative American, your first instinct is to slam the USA, Bitcoins are international wtf does a US Wealth Chart have to do with it, just cut the crap, we know you short liberal canadian fukers have a Napoleon complex
    wow, seriously get help...

Thread Information