Thread: On-Line Poker in NJ. What's My Best Option?

Load Metric

On-Line Poker in NJ. What's My Best Option?

Haven't looked at much beyond Party Poker and have yet to make a move on anything.

Druff? Anyone?

Noose?

"You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    WSOP.com has been a mess thus far.

I would stay away from them for the moment, or at least proceed with caution:

http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...ns-at-WSOP-com

Don't know much about the other sites.

Comments

LLL: advice

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Just looking at the traffic on Pokerscout your best option is Party Poker and then WSOP.com. Your worst option is Ultimate Poker whose traffic sucks.

Comments

LLL: advice

Load Metric
    Been playing on the borgata (party) site. There's plenty of non-high stakes NL action, but not much Limit Hold'em action to speak of. I had a few problems depositing, but eventually found a way (bank transfer) -- got a 100% bonus for a $600 deposit, which I am just realizing will be IMPOSSIBLE for me to clear more than $120 of by the January-something deadline, considering the volume/stakes I play and the lack of regular action on the site.

I've run into minimal geolocation problems. Nothing major, although I understand that some people are getting kicked off the site mid-tournament.

So far I've stuck with cash games. Table/game selection is non-existent as far as I can tell. (which actually is fine with me, considering I hate the bum-hunting mania that pokerstars and tilt had become). You click on the "type" of game you want and the software brings you to an empty seat (often at an empty table).... eventually a game will start. Most all of my Limit Holdem cash game action has been very shorthanded... not by design... it's just that there is rarely more than two, three or four players available that want to play the stakes I want to play. Playing 3-6 limit shorthanded, I've gone through some crazy up and down swings in short periods of time. Right now I'm only halfway through clearing the first $60 of the bonus and my bankroll sits at $550, down $50 from my original $600.

I haven't tried running HHs through pokertracker, although I understand that HUDs work and are allowed. The promotions are confusing -- "Missions" and "Achievements" and tournament tickets, most of which I think I'll be able to use as more of these promotional tournaments get scheduled.

Overall, it's nice to be playing online poker again... Hopefully as traffic increases, the limit hold'em games will run more often.

Comments

LLL: excellent!

Load Metric
    Is nobody else here playing online poker from the Garden State?
    I'm curious how the action is, generally, and people's experience, on the other sites.

Thread Information