Thread: Paypal Discloses Iovation Relationship in Privacy Policy

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Paypal Discloses Iovation Relationship in Privacy Policy

This makes me want to think differently about Paypal with their connection with Iovation whose full of past shenanigans with UB and most recently was working with Ultimate Poker until the public outcry made UP drop them.

http://www.uspoker.com/blog/paypal-d...tatement/7023/

Paypal Discloses Iovation Relationship in Privacy Policy
    John Mehaffey Dec.12, 2013 10:43:AM

Paypal discloses in its privacy policy that the company shares customer information with Iovation. In the statement, Iovation is on a list of “non-exclusive examples of the actual third parties to whom we currently disclose your account information”.

Iovation is disclosed as a company used to “retrieve risk information regarding the IP and device from which you are accessing PayPal, research and testing as to appropriateness of new products and services.”

Paypal goes on to state that the type of information released to Iovation might include “IP and hardware information about the device (device ID)”.

Travis Makar, a former business associate of Russ Hamilton, released tapes that implicate Hamilton and Greg Pierson, among others, in a cover-up of the UltimateBet insider cheating scandal. Pierson is the CEO and co-founder of Iovation.

A documentary on the UltimateBet insider cheating titled UltimateBeat connects Iovation co-founders directly to the scandal. Scott Bell, director and creator of UltimateBeat, published a detailed outline of the tapes leaked by Makar here. These tapes were used in the UltimateBeat film.

Iovation briefly operated in the Nevada online poker market as a third party vendor but was quickly dumped after it was discovered by players. The Nevada Gaming Control Board investigated the situation.

Iovation provides what it describes as “Device Reputation”. The company compiles information on devices and connections to determine if fraud has ever taken place. Purchases may be declined if Iovation determines that a user or device is not legitimate based on information gathered from previous transactions.

Paypal did not respond to a request for comment.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    That's really awful.

Here is the Paypal privacy policy: https://cms.paypal.com/lu/cgi-bin/ma...locale.x=en_US

It's long. Just do a search for "Iovation" on the page, and you'll see the above.

JoeTall on 2+2 recommends sending them a form letter through the Contact Us page, but I think that will be ignored, as it will be received by powerless third-world support monkeys.

I think we should track down a contact at Paypal with some real influence/power, and lead him to look into Iovation (maybe have him watch UltimateBeat).

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    That's really awful.

Here is the Paypal privacy policy: https://cms.paypal.com/lu/cgi-bin/ma...locale.x=en_US

It's long. Just do a search for "Iovation" on the page, and you'll see the above.

JoeTall on 2+2 recommends sending them a form letter through the Contact Us page, but I think that will be ignored, as it will be received by powerless third-world support monkeys.

I think we should track down a contact at Paypal with some real influence/power, and lead him to look into Iovation (maybe have him watch UltimateBeat).
    I don't think Paypal give a flying fuck, I boycotted using Papal 4 years ago... they are crooks and a law upon themselves!

Thread Information