Thread: Kim Kardashian rips off Typhoon victims

Load Metric

Kim Kardashian rips off Typhoon victims

10 percent of ‘charity auction’ to typhoon victims

By Hollie McKayPublished December 05, 2013FoxNews.com

LOS ANGELES – Another day, another controversy in the Kardashian bubble.

This time, it is Kim Kardashian who has come under fire for her latest eBay Giving Works auction in which a “percentage of the proceeds” will aid victims of the Philippines typhoon disaster. But it’s the key word “percentage” that has many crying foul, as just 10 percent, while fully disclosed, will go to the International Medical Corps relief efforts.

“The proceeds will go directly to the communities they’re serving in the Philippines and will help typhoon survivors get access to medical care and ultimately save lives,” Kardashian wrote on her auction page. “My prayers and thoughts are with those affected by the typhoon.”

However, crisis communications expert Glenn Selig is just one of many disturbed by the slim donation percentage and told FOX411 that typically most bidders assume the majority goes to the stated cause.

“When you say something is for the charity, the assumption is much more than 10 percent goes to charity. And when the charity angle is leveraged to boost bidding or to drum up news coverage, when only 10 percent goes to charity people likely will be taken,” he said. “It is wrong to mislead the public.”

Sources tell Fox411 that Kardashian does make a profit from the auction – which ended on Sunday – but contrary to multiple reports, it isn’t 90 percent. EBay takes roughly 9 percent for eBay fees on fashion items, as well as 2.9 percent for domestic and 3.9 percent for international payments received. The auction promoters also take an undisclosed cut from the final sales.

But across the Twitterverse, many are up in arms that the prominent personality and fiancée of Kanye West, who is worth an estimated $40 million, isn’t shelling out a little more.

“Kim Kardashian being selfish selling things for ‘charity’ on eBay and only giving away 10%. Come on 50% at least,” wrote one. Another tweeted: “How dare you use these people’s misery to make money? Don’t you and boyfriend have enough money without using these poor wretched souls in their hour of desperation. Shame on you!”
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Load Metric
    No outcry that ebay is still making their fees for selling the shit? Funny how that works.

Comments

LLL: Big Business, baby!

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I would never in a million years assume "percentage of the proceeds" means at least half. 10 percent would be about the most I'd assume if I saw that phrase. Who are the tards that read that phrase as half?

Load Metric
    Other celebs (unfortunately, I have to lump Kim K in with them) have just donated their clothes and allowed people to auction those donated clothes off.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    While it's not right even so called non-profit charities are taking a cut for operations which usually still gives a few people at the top a nice income yet many claim all proceeds are going towards whatever their cause is.

Only 10% to charity might seem like a joke but if an auction is worded "some proceeds to charity" it usually is going to mean a percentage something like 5% to 25%.

As someone who sold a lot of stuff on ebay back in the day I will say the fees they charge now are completely ludicrous and for auctions going to charity ebay shouldn't charge the seller that much or if they do they should have a program where after the seller proves they gave the money to charity that they reimburse them most if not all of the fee. That will likely never happen because ebay are a bunch of greedy bastards.

Load Metric
    She's done a lot more damage being involved with Bound 2 IMO.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Is anyone really surprised that Kim K. only cares about herself, including how much more money can she get from the foolish public for her charity auction, trashy fake t.v. show, clothing line at Sears, etc.? I wish her and her family would just go away.

Comments

Ballin: Forgot to mention the all important credit card line she rolled out a few years back

Load Metric
    Does any one think that huge ass is attractive? fuck she probably has to have custom toilette seat made for that massive hinder. and her loony husband must have to fish out the shit tickets that go missing after a messy wiping session.
    they seem to run around the globe acting like something they think or do is important,

dont get me wrong i think persian woman can be very attractive but just not this one.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Does any one think that huge ass is attractive? fuck she probably has to have custom toilette seat made for that massive hinder. and her loony husband must have to fish out the shit tickets that go missing after a messy wiping session.
    they seem to run around the globe acting like something they think or do is important,

dont get me wrong i think persian woman can be very attractive but just not this one.
    If this is your thing, then you have something wrong with you:

Name:  nasty.jpg
Views: 8700
Size:  117.2 KB

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Say she's unattractive for being annoying. Say she's unattractive for chugging black cock. Say she's unattractive for a whole host of reasons...

But seriously you naggers are just embarrassing yourselves trying to say you are too good for Kanye West's girlfriend. Or that she is too unattractive for you. Who in the mother fucking world is going to believe you? You realize the bitch is like 5'1 120 pounds right? Posting her preg and post preg pics as your proof that she is too unattractive for you is quite lol as well.

Can't believve you naggers got me sticking up for this skank but I mean reading your shit is just lol.

Comments

Hockey Guy: I'd fuck her rep

Load Metric

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DonkCrusher View Post
    Is anyone really surprised that Kim K. only cares about herself, including how much more money can she get from the foolish public for her charity auction, trashy fake t.v. show, clothing line at Sears, etc.? I wish her and her family would just go away.
    "Comments
    Ballin: Forgot to mention the all important credit card line she rolled out a few years back"

The "etc." should be appropriate when covering other things that she has done, but not listed. Neg. rep is laughable.

Comments

nunbeater: LAUGH AT THIS YOU FUCKING CUNT

Thread Information