Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Coach Fined 100K May Lose Draft Pick

Load Metric

Steelers Coach Fined 100K May Lose Draft Pick

I'm not sure he did it on purpose, it looked bad though, but the NFL has fined Mike Tomlin $100,000 & may forfeit or modify a draft pick of the Steelers as punishment. They will wait until the draft order is set to announce the draft pick part of it.

I wish they would just get it over with & announce what pick or draft pick swap they are going to do. I suspect it will be a swap of 5th or 6th round picks between the Steelers & Ravens assuming the Steelers pick ahead of them in the draft.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ace-loss-picks

Is this appropriate? What pick scenario is? Discuss.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I feel like them messing with a draft pick is a monumental mistake. This sets a precedence that shouldnt ever be touched. I could maybe see it if he ran onto the field and tackled a guy, but I have yet to hear a single person say they think he did this on purpose. It was a lapse in awareness and he is losing $100,000. ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS. I think thats enough FFS

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    They should pull a draft pick as well to set the tone

Load Metric
    The NFL has taken great pains in the last bunch of years to take "intent" out of the rulebook, and to make the rules black or white, without the ref having to get inside the potential offender's head. This ruling, it seems to me, is just an extension of that. You can't get inside a dude's head to see what he meant to do, so you have to go by what occurred. Intentional or not, he interfered with the play, so he gets the penalty.

Load Metric
    the nfl is getting more and more like boxing and pro wrestling everyday. refs are controlling the outcomes of games far too often.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    the nfl is getting more and more like boxing and pro wrestling everyday. refs are controlling the outcomes of games far too often.
    But....... the refs didn't do anything. There wasn't even a penalty called on the play.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: obv rep is obv
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    On this occasion, the refs didn't even bother throwing a flag, so its kinda hard to make that case here. That, and the boxing/pro wrestling comparison doesn't make any sense unless you can somehow explain it.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    The NFL has taken great pains in the last bunch of years to take "intent" out of the rulebook, and to make the rules black or white, without the ref having to get inside the potential offender's head. This ruling, it seems to me, is just an extension of that. You can't get inside a dude's head to see what he meant to do, so you have to go by what occurred. Intentional or not, he interfered with the play, so he gets the penalty.
    I understand what you are saying, but at the same time i think they almost are forced to factor in intent whether they realize it or not (if that even makes sense?). What im getting at is if he had form tackled Jones there would be a much larger fine, obvious loss of picks, probably suspensions. The fact that its just a fine and discussion of picks means they are realizing there was not malicious intent.

Load Metric

That angle shows it is pretty obvious. Should have been a flag on the play, and a TD awarded to Baltimore if they followed the rules of obstruction from the sideline. Jones may have still been caught from behind anyway, but thats beside the point.

Comments

Hockey Guy: First time I've seen it from this angle. WTF? Maybe it was intentional.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    He should have been suspended for the rest of the season. This was the most blatant act of cheating I have ever seen in all my years watching football, it was 100% intentional because he knew if that ball gets in the endzone the game is pretty much over. That GIF doesn't show the new video which shows he stepping TOWARDS the field as Jones is approaching, to get in his way.

Not only that, Tomlin was just put on the competition committee, how the hell can he make the rules if he can't even follow them? He should have been kicked off that as well.

I loved how he sat in front of the media yesterday and just lied repeatedly about his "intentions" and his "blunder". he knew exactly what the fuck he was doing.

What if Jones tripped and hurt himself and it cost him the rest of the season or his career? What if the Ravens lost the game by 3 points or less? Everyone who wants to defend him says "oh no harm no foul, Ravens won let's just forget about it".

The entire Steelers organization should be embarrassed that their head coach tried to pull something like this.

Comments

vegas1369: 100% agree with this.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    this was awful. well worth the 100k fine for tomlin. him doing this could of given pitt the win.

since we're really putting a price on wins, the fine should be 500k-1mil

lol @ forfeiting draft pix

Banned
    Load Metric

Comments

Ballin: Kool aid man rep

vegas1369: That is hilarious!

Load Metric
    The fine is enough. The other consequence should have been during the game. Baltimore should have been awarded a touchdown, which is within the referee's discretion. No draft pick penalties.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    They should have already pulled a draft pick, maybe 2

LOL @ NFL waiting to see if points are needed in a tiebreaker for them to pull a pick. Bottom line is it could have affected tiebreakers. It was clearly intentional and he and the steelers deserve to take it up the ass for this

Load Metric
    He was standing in the same spot essentially (he moved maybe 4 inches to the right) the entire time.

How could he have known that the player was going to run down the sidelines 5 seconds later?

He didnt do this on purpose. He has a habit of looking up at the jumbotron to see the play from a different viewpoint. He saw himself on tv and quickly jumped away awkwardly.

Not intentional at all. Give him a small fine and move on. This is absurd.

Comments

Ballin: X10000000000%

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post

He didnt do this on purpose. He has a habit of looking up at the jumbotron to see the play from a different viewpoint. He saw himself on tv and quickly jumped away awkwardly.

It is far from absurd, even if it was unintentional. Interfering on the field of play during a game is perhaps the very worst possible offense a coach can do during the game. To me its almost unthinkable that they didn't suspend the guy for at least one game.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballin View Post
    I have yet to hear a single person say they think he did this on purpose. It was a lapse in awareness

I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    He was standing in the same spot essentially (he moved maybe 4 inches to the right) the entire time.

How could he have known that the player was going to run down the sidelines 5 seconds later?

Plus it was past the 50 yard line, there is no way he was like "if I stand here, the players can use me....."
    I'd be thinking if the KR got this far he is gone anyway.

Why is the color of the field the same? Why not make it white along the sideline, then black or green again, where they can stand?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post

I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.
    Zip code? Is it a toll bridge? Are there any trolls underneath? If not, is it zoned for troll residential?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    i love how he's looking out of the corner of his eyes anticipating. comedy

again,..to possibly secure a win for your team and having a lame/accident excuse as for you reasoning for doing so, is well worth 100k fine...no way refs would make that much of a statement and award a TD unless it was obv blatant in real time (tripping, tackling, etc),..sadly, even horrible acting by tomlin in real time is enough to make it seem accidental...after watching the replay,..you know it was lol blatant

this is yet another reason why the NFL is going in the shitter. instant replay has to decide everything..it has to decide everything all the time in order for every call to be correct

Thread Information