Thread: Everyone Hates The Rio

Load Metric

Everyone Hates The Rio

Everyone always bashes the Rio, personally when I stayed there I didn't think it was that bad. Just a very average hotel in nearly every way. Well the lead singer of the Dixie chicks has taken to twitter to tell everyone what a shit hole it is:

http://www.vegastripping.com/news/bl...o-endorsement/

Personally I don't get why this rich bitch doesn't just get a suite at Bellagio ASAP.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daredevil View Post
    Everyone always bashes the Rio, personally when I stayed there I didn't think it was that bad. Just a very average hotel in nearly every way. Well the lead singer of the Dixie chicks has taken to twitter to tell everyone what a shit hole it is:

http://www.vegastripping.com/news/bl...o-endorsement/

Personally I don't get why this rich bitch doesn't just get a suite at Bellagio ASAP.
    http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/24097...food-poisoning

Didn't help the Rio got bad press over the 20 folks who were treated for flu like symptoms at the Rio end of last week.

Load Metric
    Hard to bitch when you get a free room comped (not that we dont do that sort of thing here at PFA) but the last time I stayed at the Rio I got a non smoking room that smelled like a fucking ashtray with fresh smoke being blown in via the AC unit constantly. When I asked for a room change the answer was in short "fuck you its a free room better rooms are for paying guests even though half the hotel is empty".

Between that and the dude who got his laptop and cash stolen..... fuck that place.

Comments

big dick: oh yeah agreed fuck the rio

Brittney Griner's Clit: free room comped redundancy rep

Load Metric
    I think the Rio induces so much tilt for a number of reasons.

1. All Suites seems to implicate class.

2. From the outside it appears to be very nice.

3. Fans of poker associate it positively because of the WSOP.

The reality is you can stay at the Flamingo or Bally's and get about the same experience, for the same price, and be right on the strip.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Liked the buffet at the Rio I did.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The Rio has lots of fail, but if you know how to work the system there, you can get a decent room for a decent price.

It's not the right hotel for you if you don't have a car, though.

Natalie Maines is a cunt. I am a fan of country music, but I never understood the early 2000s fascination with the Dixie Chicks. They weren't terrible, but I didn't find them to be anything special.

Most of you know about the incident in early 2003 where she criticized President Bush while performing in England, and said that she was ashamed that he was from Texas.

Just so you know, we're on the good side with y'all. We do not want this war, this violence, and we're ashamed that the President of the United States is from Texas
    I thought it was pretty crappy for an American act to go to a foreign country and bash their President (even if they disagreed with him), but it was also incredibly stupid and reckless to their careers. It's not like Maines was a rapper, where most of the audience wouldn't be likely to lean Republican. She was a performer in the heavily-Republican-leaning country genre, and I can't imagine how she could have ever thought such comments wouldn't have a major backlash.

She also went after Toby Keith, for his song "Courtesy of the Red, White, & Blue":

I hate it. It's ignorant, and it makes country music sound ignorant. It targets an entire culture—and not just the bad people who did bad things. You've got to have some tact. Anybody can write, 'We'll put a boot in your ass' ...
    I didn't understand this criticism. Keith's song was clearly aimed at the terrorists, and not the Arab culture.

The Dixie Chicks' popularity collapsed as a result of both of these situations (mainly the comments about Bush), and they quickly fell into irrelevance.

Some people felt this was unjust or some kind of assault on free speech. No. You have to understand your audience and your appeal. If you make tens of millions of dollars from the country music community, you also need to understand how not to piss them off. If she wanted "free speech" in her career, she should have become an op-ed writer or a talk show host.

President Bush actually had a good response to them about a month later, in an interview with Tom Brokaw.

The Dixie Chicks are free to speak their mind. They can say what they want to say ... they shouldn't have their feelings hurt just because some people don't want to buy their records when they speak out ... Freedom is a two-way street ... I don't really care what the Dixie Chicks said. I want to do what I think is right for the American people, and if some singers or Hollywood stars feel like speaking out, that's fine. That's the great thing about America. It stands in stark contrast to Iraq.
    Bush was basically saying, "You're free to criticize me, but America is also free to stop buying your records if you piss them off."

Exactly.

So now she's picking on the Rio in her tweets, when it was her choice to stay in a middle-end property despite being able to afford much better? LOL

I am not even criticizing her for choosing a cheaper hotel. That's fine. But you have to understand what you're getting when you pay less money, and I can't believe she doesn't realize that. The fact that she is tweeting only pics of her towel-couch-bed and not the supposed filth in the room seems to indicate that she's exaggerating. I haven't seen a problem at the Rio with dirty rooms.

Load Metric
    I agree with your thoughts on Natalie, however a little of the pot calling the kettle black at the bottom.

So now she's picking on the Rio in her tweets, when it was her choice to stay in a middle-end property despite being able to afford much better? LOL
    I don't have time to write out everything you have complained about, but:

-Subway tomatoes on side
    -Babysrus toilet paper
    -hotels
    -pizza places
    -web hosting

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    I agree with your thoughts on Natalie, however a little of the pot calling the kettle black at the bottom.

I don't have time to write out everything you have complained about, but:

-Subway tomatoes on side
    -Babysrus toilet paper
    -hotels
    -pizza places
    -web hosting

I don't remember complaining about web hosting.

My complaints are almost always about the human customer-service element of businesses. How often do you see me tweeting out (or posting) pictures of bad hotel rooms? I don't remember the last time I did.

It's not because I stay in super-expensive hotels, and it's not because I run so well with hotels that I never get a bad room.

I give the hotel a chance to make the situation right, as I do with any other business that screws up.

It's only when I encounter flippant and/or aggressive customer service personnel, who choose to fight with me rather than fix the problem, where I complain publicly. And whether those complaints are about a Subway or a high-end restaurant, they are always justified if the place honestly doesn't give a shit about addressing valid complaints in a respectful manner.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    What are the chances that the Rio wouldn't have moved country superstar Natalie Maines to a cleaner, better room if she just picked up the phone and asked?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The Rio has lots of fail, but if you know how to work the system there, you can get a decent room for a decent price.

It's not the right hotel for you if you don't have a car, though.

Natalie Maines is a cunt. I am a fan of country music, but I never understood the early 2000s fascination with the Dixie Chicks. They weren't terrible, but I didn't find them to be anything special.

Most of you know about the incident in early 2003 where she criticized President Bush while performing in England, and said that she was ashamed that he was from Texas.
    You may be the first Jew I've ever heard say that. When you say country music do you mean what passes for country music nowadays or real country music like Walyon Jennings, Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, Buck Owens, Fiddlin' John Carson, etc?

Comments

shortbuspoker: Druff strikes me as a Garth Brooks kinda guy for some reason

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    I've gotta side with Druff on this one. She has a history of bitching and complaining whether justified or not. She said that she had made it three days in that room. Not for nothing, but I do not have anywhere near as much money as her and I would have eaten the loss on the room and gone to another hotel had they refused to switch my room. Obviously she is trying to get attention for some reason or another.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    I've gotta side with Druff on this one. She has a history of bitching and complaining whether justified or not. She said that she had made it three days in that room. Not for nothing, but I do not have anywhere near as much money as her and I would have eaten the loss on the room and gone to another hotel had they refused to switch my room. Obviously she is trying to get attention for some reason or another.

The dixie chicks look Jewish to me. I mean not the little fat one but the other two.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Natalie Maines still standing by her career-killing behavior 12 years ago:

http://www.cmt.com/news/1751742/nata...y-to-make-nice

She never learns.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Today I learned that Druff listens to country music, i would have NEVER guessed that. Straight across the board you seemed like an 80's/90's pop guy.

Comments

snowtracks: country boy will survive hank williams jr

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Natalie Maines still standing by her career-killing behavior 12 years ago:

http://www.cmt.com/news/1751742/nata...y-to-make-nice

She never learns.
    It took Hanoi Jane Fonda 40 years to apologize for her antics in North Vietnam.

Useful idiots for our enemies are all these fools are.

Comments

thesparten: her and Heather mills and me. Fonda could all go somewhere and laugh at the little people..
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric
    What is all this controversy about chicks with dicks. I have never been into them. Not judging. It's just not my scene. Maybe LLL can explain.

Very NSFW:

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  93.3 KB

Oh, you meant Dixie Chicks.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  37.7 KB

Comments

BUBBLES: stop

simpdog: use spoilers
    Last edited by Jayjami; 03-15-2015 at 12:23 PM.

Thread Information