Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have high cholesterol?

Load Metric

Anyone have high cholesterol?

Ive always had it sky high. Dr gave me one month to get it down from 400 or she will put me on pills. I love foods with high cholesterol like fried chicken, hot dogs , cheese, lasagna , ice cream. At least I have my caffeine. But shit, no more mickie ds.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Ive always had it sky high. Dr gave me one month to get it down from 400 or she will put me on pills. I love foods with high cholesterol like fried chicken, hot dogs , cheese, lasagna , ice cream. At least I have my caffeine. But shit, no more mickie ds.
    Get on the pills.

High cholesterol is mostly hereditary, NOT diet related.

Diet causing high cholesterol is a myth still remaining from the '80s. It continues to get propagated because people like the idea of control of their health. People hate thinking about the fact that their cholesterol will be high even if they eat well, while others can eat like shit and still have normal levels.

For all the problems I've had lately, cholesterol isn't one of them. My blood test on August 28 had a total of 147, and the one on September 7 had a total of 129 (!!)

The 129 level is probably just temporary because of the recent massive weight loss I had, but the 147 is around the number I've seen for over a decade.

Anyway, 400 is terrible and you should just get on the pills. They work wonders.

Comments

MumblesBadly: :this

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BTW, it is possible that some dietary changes will bring you down from 400, but not nearly enough to avoid medication.

So you might as well just get on the meds. The upper end of normal is 200, and I give you a zero point zero chance of getting down to 200 by just dietary changes.

Did you fast for the test for at least 8 hours (meaning only water, and nothing else?) If not, you need to retake it, as the results would be invalid.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yeah don't fuck around with that too much. When I thought I was suffering from Lower esophagus syndrome or whatever, the Dr. said my cholesterol was on the high side. Didn't think two minutes about it.
    But cholesterol leads to plaque which literally chokes the arteries feeding your heart so, ya, be careful

Load Metric
    The upper end of normal used to be 200 now they say it’s supposed to be less.

Load Metric
    I did. My doctor immediately tried to prescribe medication (they don't know amything else to do).
    I told him to fuck off and be back in 6 months for him to check it again.

I simply started lifting and eating properly. Six months my blood work was stellar.

Anyone telling you to take meds is lazy and ignorant of nutrition.

Comments

limitles: meathead

splitthis: Completely true

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Get on the pills.

High cholesterol is mostly hereditary, NOT diet related.

Diet causing high cholesterol is a myth still remaining from the '80s. It continues to get propagated because people like the idea of control of their health. People hate thinking about the fact that their cholesterol will be high even if they eat well, while others can eat like shit and still have normal levels.

For all the problems I've had lately, cholesterol isn't one of them. My blood test on August 28 had a total of 147, and the one on September 7 had a total of 129 (!!)

The 129 level is probably just temporary because of the recent massive weight loss I had, but the 147 is around the number I've seen for over a decade.

Anyway, 400 is terrible and you should just get on the pills. They work wonders.
    And some people hate thinking they're to blame for anything. Just b.s. from Dr. Druff. But he's 100% correct about getting on dem pills

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW, it is possible that some dietary changes will bring you down from 400, but not nearly enough to avoid medication.

So you might as well just get on the meds. The upper end of normal is 200, and I give you a zero point zero chance of getting down to 200 by just dietary changes.

Did you fast for the test for at least 8 hours (meaning only water, and nothing else?) If not, you need to retake it, as the results would be invalid.
    No I had nothing to eat 8 hours prior. Will see where I am in one month and make dietary changes , no cholesterol . I probably will have to go on the pills, thks for the advice

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    I did. My doctor immediately tried to prescribe medication (they don't know amything else to do).

I simply started lifting and eating properly. Six months my blood work was stellar.

6 months, yes, you can make strides if you’re serious. A month, he could do everything perfect and see no real difference. He should tell the doctor to fuck off, but for thinking a month will make any difference. Any doctor who takes a 400 reading and gives someone a month is an idiot.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post

6 months, yes, you can make strides if you’re serious. A month, he could do everything perfect and see no real difference. He should tell the doctor to fuck off, but for thinking a month will make any difference. Any doctor who takes a 400 reading and gives someone a month is an idiot.
    I recently took a cholesterol and blood sugar test for a physical. I was above average on both. I am going to clean up my diet and lose 15 pounds (I only weight 190 at 5'11" now, so not a lot to lose) and see if that helps.

I have been reading a little and I guess the best diet to normalize cholesterol/blood sugar is to basically cut out processed carbs completely, and eat as little sugars as possible. And eat as much avocado as possible. Does anyone agree/disagree?

Comments

BCR: Sounds right on the carbs and sugar.

Load Metric
    Pills plus some very modest dietary changes plus a glass of red wine at dinner and you're good to go. Good luck and a long life. I'm 69.

Load Metric
    If you still wake up with boners it's safe to say that your heart is in good condition.....
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    blakes penis wakes up sad every morning

Load Metric
    Lol wow’s dinner menu has high cholesterol

Load Metric
    i did have shrimp tonight so 100 percent true

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    i did have shrimp tonight so 100 percent true
    No I meant the actual menu

Load Metric
    are you trying to say that im printing out menus and then eating them and they somehow are high in cholesterol

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

I recently took a cholesterol and blood sugar test for a physical. I was above average on both. I am going to clean up my diet and lose 15 pounds (I only weight 190 at 5'11" now, so not a lot to lose) and see if that helps.

I have been reading a little and I guess the best diet to normalize cholesterol/blood sugar is to basically cut out processed carbs completely, and eat as little sugars as possible. And eat as much avocado as possible. Does anyone agree/disagree?
    I was 245lbs 6 years ago with sky high cholesterol. I'm down to 165lbs now and eat a nearly zero carb and zero sugar diet. Cholesterol is low and under control. Druff seems intent on this idea that lifestyle can't improve your cholesterol, it clearly can. OP, Why not take the meds and clean up your lifestyle, good chance you can get off them eventually.

There's definitely a genetic component and some people need meds even if they live a perfect lifestyle. Tons of people improve it dramatically without, myself included.
    Last edited by peter mcneil; 09-12-2018 at 09:27 PM.

Load Metric
    Sir FRANKRIZZO--I had high cholesteral 15 years ago. Doc put me on Lipitor and my muscles started wasting away. My brother who owned a GNC store told me to stop and try Red Rice Yeast in combination with CoQ10. Didnt tell my doc till it came time to renew prescription. Told him that I didn't want it cuz of what it was doing to my muscles and that I was taking the Red Rice Yeast. Lol he said he had never heard of it and was surprised how well it was working. He even wrote the name of it down. All my tests since then are in normal range and I am 75! Please try this before any pills prescribed. Maybe it will work for you too.

PS. two 600 mg tabs twice a day of the yeast and one 100 mg tab of CoQ10. Couple of years ago I went to 2 tabs of the yeast. Tests are still good.

Wishing you the best.

PPS Same thing happened to my Mom on Lipitor and she went on same regime and also had excellent results.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by IamGreek View Post
    Sir FRANKRIZZO--I had high cholesteral 15 years ago. Doc put me on Lipitor and my muscles started wasting away. My brother who owned a GNC store told me to stop and try Red Rice Yeast in combination with CoQ10. Didnt tell my doc till it came time to renew prescription. Told him that I didn't want it cuz of what it was doing to my muscles and that I was taking the Red Rice Yeast. Lol he said he had never heard of it and was surprised how well it was working. He even wrote the name of it down. All my tests since then are in normal range and I am 75! Please try this before any pills prescribed. Maybe it will work for you too.

PS. two 600 mg tabs twice a day of the yeast and one 100 mg tab of CoQ10. Couple of years ago I went to 2 tabs of the yeast. Tests are still good.

Wishing you the best.

PPS Same thing happened to my Mom on Lipitor and she went on same regime and also had excellent results.
    Fuck, I'm on Lipitor. Didn't realize cause I'm getting the generic Atorvastatin 80mg/day and yes I'm having some muscle issues. Not severe but have a bad case of tennis elbow that won't go away and I've had cramps in my legs which I've never had before.

When you say your muscles were wasting away what exactly happened?
    Heart's a muscle, this can't be good.

Comments

IamGreek: Thats was my initial thought. If Im losing leg and arm muscle whats goin on with my heart.

Thread Information