Thread: facebook security

Bronze
    Load Metric

facebook security

Logged into facebook today and got a popup saying there was unauthorized access to my account from somewhere in MA. Looks like Facebook locked it down quick. Is this something to be worried about in terms of my computer's security? I don't click links or play any of those stupid games.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by drake View Post
    Logged into facebook today and got a popup saying there was unauthorized access to my account from somewhere in MA. Looks like Facebook locked it down quick. Is this something to be worried about in terms of my computer's security? I don't click links or play any of those stupid games.
    I probably would run a few different virus and malware scans on your computer then change your password. That would be the safe thing to do but my guess is your probably okay regardless.

What likely happened is someone was likely trying to login as you but had several failed password attempts that facebook temporarily froze your account.

Banned
    Load Metric
    The same thing happened to my personal FB account. They wanted me to jump through so many hoops to restore it, I didn't care enough to bother.

I suspect that FB was just being pissy about logging in from multiple devices, or maybe the fact that I used multiple accounts from the same IP. I hope that's the case, anyway.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    yeah, I'm not worried about my fb - more about any poker accounts/bank stuff.

Load Metric
    I get emails quite often telling me there are security problems or some other issue with my facebook account.

I don't have, & have never had, a facebook account.

I also received emails stating my paypal account was going to be frozen/restricted if I didn't do something. I forwarded those to paypal security & they confirmed it was a phishing scam.
    Anybody else get these?
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    I get emails quite often telling me there are security problems or some other issue with my facebook account.

I don't have, & have never had, a facebook account.

I also received emails stating my paypal account was going to be frozen/restricted if I didn't do something. I forwarded those to paypal security & they confirmed it was a phishing scam.
    Anybody else get these?
    I get these all the time for Warcraft, Diablo, and various other MMORPGS.

I have never played a MMORPG.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Is that you, Daham?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by drake View Post
    Change your password for sure. Have had this also happen to me. New password and good now for several months. How you get hacked I can't say. Could even be an inside job by Facebook.

Thread Information