Thread: UFC Heavyweight Shane del Rosario has massive heart attack currently Critical Condition

Load Metric

UFC Heavyweight Shane del Rosario has massive heart attack currently Critical Condition

Load Metric
    Name:  Snapchat-20131127121025.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  208.3 KB

Load Metric
    Come on dude, always add a little bit of text. It's not that tough.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Come on dude, always add a little bit of text. It's not that tough.
    Sorry was stopped briefly on way to work cant type with spell check pissing me off on my phone. Just thought I would post it quick when I got txt about it from a friend.

Load Metric
    30 year olds very rarely have serious heart attacks like that. Besides being remarkably unlucky, what would cause that? I can't see a pro fighter being a heavy coke user, but it's possible.

Any word on how long he was in cardiac arrest?

Load Metric
    UFC fighter Shane del Rosario is fighting for his life after suffering cardiac arrest brought on by two heart attacks Tuesday morning.

"Shane del Rosario had a catastrophic cardiovascular collapse at home," his manager Jason House said in a statement. "He was brought to the hospital in full cardiac arrest. He was resuscitated in the emergency room back to a stable heart rhythm and blood pressure. He is currently in the coronary care unit critically ill. Our prayers are with him and his family."
    doesn't sound great

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    30 year olds very rarely have serious heart attacks like that. Besides being remarkably unlucky, what would cause that? I can't see a pro fighter being a heavy coke user, but it's possible.

Could be a few things. Genetic issue with skyhigh cholestrol he wasnt aware of. Could've been clot in leg that went to heart causing the MI. And last but not least couldve been any number of drugs rx legal or otherwise. Probably come out soon enough especially if he goes donkdown they'll end up releasing a cause. The biggest issue is he could have massive brain damage from lack of O2 and still ultimately die or end up a veg for life.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryback_feed_me_more View Post
    The biggest issue is he could have massive brain damage from lack of O2 and still ultimately die or end up a veg for life.
    Yeah. I can't see him fighting again. If he traveled all the way from home to the hospital without a pulse, I have to think there's significant brain damage. It sucks, if that was indeed the case.

I read somewhere that less than 10% of people that receive CPR ever recover fully and live normally. But that's also skewed by paramedics doing CPR on people they know are totally dead, but want to do something.

Load Metric
    Live life well, people. You never know when the end is coming.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Live life well, people. You never know when the end is coming.
    Especially if you're sniffing roids and shooting coke.

Comments

LLL: LOL

Load Metric
    not good

Name:  Twitter.png
Views: 215
Size:  18.4 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post

What about Tyson?

Load Metric
    Josh Gross [ARCHIVE]
    ESPN.com
    November 28, 2013
    fbtwitter

Mixed martial artist Shane Del Rosario is on life support but has "no brain activity remaining" after suffering sudden cardiac arrest at his home Tuesday morning.
    The 30-year-old Del Rosario has not yet shown activity in his brain following a procedure Wednesday at Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian in Newport Beach, Calif.. Doctors modulated the heavyweight's body temperature near 90s degrees using an Arctic Sun Temperature Management System, in hopes of inducing therapeutic hypothermia before jump-starting body and brain functions.

Doctors are expected to make the final decision about keeping Del Rosario on life support on Friday morning, but "for all intents and purposes it is over," said Colin Oyama, the fighter's longtime trainer, who texted from the hospital, where he joined members of the Del Rosario family.

"There is no brain activity remaining," Oyama said. "The family has chosen for him to go in a dignified fashion and not on a machine."
    On Wednesday evening, Del Rosario's organs were slowly coming back online, as his core body temperature was raised back near normal "in hopes that his brain will activate after approximately 15-24 hours," Oyama said. That has not happened.

"The final decision is tomorrow, but unless something crazy happens the machines will be turned off," Oyama said Thursday evening, reaffirming that Del Rosario has not officially died.

Oyama said Del Rosario's roommate and teammate, UFC-signed flyweight Ian McCall, found the heavyweight Tuesday morning, unconscious on the floor. McCall called 911 and administered CPR.

According to a statement released by Del Rosario's family and doctors on Wednesday, he suffered a catastrophic cardiovascular collapse and was brought to the hospital in full cardiac arrest. Del Rosario was resuscitated in the emergency room back to a stable heart rhythm and blood pressure, but subsequent treatments did little to improve his condition.

Del Rosario was born and raised in Orange County, Calif. After graduating from the University of California-Irvine, he opted for fighting over pursuing an advanced degree. Under Oyama's tutelage, Del Rosario stopped the first 11 fighters he faced in MMA competition before being badly injured in April 2011 when a drunken driver struck his car from behind.

During a 14-month absence, herniated disks prompted contemplation of retirement and returning to school. Del Rosario fought on and entered the UFC in May 2012, only to get stopped by Stipe Miocic. That was followed by a knockout loss last December to Pat Barry. Del Rosario was scheduled to fight at UFC 168 in Las Vegas; however, on Friday the UFC announced that he could not fight Carlos Augusto Filho due to injury.

According to Oyama, Del Rosario was injured cartilage between his ribs a couple of weeks ago and would be unable to recover in time to fight Dec. 28.

Load Metric
    This all sounds eerily similar to a death of a guy I knew very well. One of the most athletic guys you'd ever meet & one day, at age 31, his heart basically exploded internally. He was one of the best hockey & ball players I ever had the pleasure of playing with not to mention one of the nicest guys you could ever hope to meet.

It was caused by a heart defect that went undetected even though he was in the military & got a complete physical every year as part of his job. Doctors told the family that once it happened there was nothing anybody could do & he didn't suffer. This thread has brought back a lot of bad memories.

RIP Jean-Guy & Shane.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    This all sounds eerily similar to a death of a guy I knew very well. One of the most athletic guys you'd ever meet & one day, at age 31, his heart basically exploded internally. He was one of the best hockey & ball players I ever had the pleasure of playing with not to mention one of the nicest guys you could ever hope to meet.

It was caused by a heart defect that went undetected even though he was in the military & got a complete physical every year as part of his job. Doctors told the family that once it happened there was nothing anybody could do & he didn't suffer. This thread has brought back a lot of bad memories.

RIP Jean-Guy & Shane.
    "Doctors believe he may suffer from a rare condition called Long QT Syndrome which is a genetic anomaly that can cause a sudden and life threatening heart rhythm abnormality, and may result in sudden death. Tragically, it strikes healthy young people and often is the first and only presentation of a heart problem."

If so explains alot. Basically a slight defect when the heart is essentially recharging slower then normal to fire again if another contraction is triggered while its trying to reset the internal charge it will set off V-Fib alot of the time. Same thing when people have what they call PVCs, if it happens at the wrong time it sets off deadly arrhymia. Even if he had a normal physical with EKG it could have been missed even by an experience cardiologist. Its the primary cause of SCD (sudden cardiac death) among those under 40.

Thread Information