Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lock poker dropped off Revolution Network for Breaches of Contract

Load Metric

Lock poker dropped off Revolution Network for Breaches of Contract

They are starting up their own Independent Network.

Should end well.

http://pokerfuse.com/news/poker-room...latform-29-10/
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    I just talked to Jen & Shane as well as Chris Costigan & they assured me that this is just all a big misunderstanding that should be cleared up by November 31st.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I have $160 on Lock if anyone wants it for $10 paypal to try out the new software and shit lol. PM me.

Disclaimer: It's considered play money

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    All current cashouts will be up in limbo even more so then ever before (and yes that is actually possible).

With only Lock on the network and considering all their issues no other site will join so the odds of people getting paid have been slashed even further if you can believe it.

Where the hell does Lock think they are going to bring in new money with their reputation so tarnished beyond repair? Their only hope is finding ways to advertise on non-poker focused sites that won't have articles about their payout times or have people making posts in comment sections stating how horrible the site is. Without new money coming in they can't survive and even tons of fish at this point realize sites like Bovada, Carbon, and America's Card Room are all better options.

People are claiming the software is the same thing.

This might be interesting regarding Pure Poker and Lock:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...3&postcount=25

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    All current cashouts will be up in limbo even more so then ever before (and yes that is actually possible).

With only Lock on the network and considering all their issues no other site will join so the odds of people getting paid have been slashed even further if you can believe it.

Where the hell does Lock think they are going to bring in new money with their reputation so tarnished beyond repair? Their only hope is finding ways to advertise on non-poker focused sites that won't have articles about their payout times or have people making posts in comment sections stating how horrible the site is. Without new money coming in they can't survive and even tons of fish at this point realize sites like Bovada, Carbon, and America's Card Room are all better options.

I was gonna sign up through their ad in Popular Mechanics magazine this month. Glad I caught this.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal son View Post

I was gonna sign up through their ad in Popular Mechanics magazine this month. Glad I caught this.
    Wait, they're advertising in Popular Mechanics?

Loooooooooooooooooooool

Well, now everyone knows where their deposits have gone.

Load Metric
    It looks like Pure Poker is a skin approved by Revolution to take the old Lock customers and keep them from following Lock to the official new Lock scam site. Your money is safe on neither but probably have a better prayer on Pure Poke, especially if your balance is fairly low and you don't mind a play-thru requirement before withdrawing.
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It creates situation where what if a site says they have the ability to take over your Lock Account and give you access to your funds (paying out of their own pocket) as long as you clear them by playing on their site with a reasonable play through requirement, would you do it? The terms would of play would be much better then clearing some bonus so whether people would be accepting of this or not I wonder?

For me if I had money on Lock and the site told me they would do this for me I'd have to strongly consider going that route at this point if that place was backed by a good longstanding reputation as I just don't see Lock paying.

Load Metric
    It creates situation where what if a site says they have the ability to take over your Lock Account and give you access to your funds (paying out of their own pocket) as long as you clear them by playing on their site with a reasonable play through requirement, would you do it? The terms would of play would be much better then clearing some bonus so whether people would be accepting of this or not I wonder?

For me if I had money on Lock and the site told me they would do this for me I'd have to strongly consider going that route at this point if that place was backed by a good longstanding reputation as I just don't see Lock paying.
    It's a freeroll of sorts because you will still have your balance on the official Lock site too. There is no way the two sites are cooperating in any way. They both have a copy of your client info from the old lock/revolution skin. They both want you as a customer moving forward and neither of them have any cash to backup the balance.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post

It's a freeroll of sorts because you will still have your balance on the official Lock site too. There is no way the two sites are cooperating in any way. They both have a copy of your client info from the old lock/revolution skin. They both want you as a customer moving forward and neither of them have any cash to backup the balance.
    That's probably the best theory.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    When I went to the store a few hours ago I looked through page by page a Popular Mechanics magazine November edition and I didn't see any Lock ads but it could be a different month or countries version that Prodigal son says he saw an ad in. Since I didn't see anything I can't comment but that is where I'm getting at when I say that Lock will find ways to advertise in places where people who aren't informed of their history might deposit onto their site especially if they see some big deposit bonus. You can advertise poker in a lot of various gaming, sports, or whatever magazines which are geared more towards men as long as the magazine accepts the ad as some probably don't take ads for gambling.

Lock apparently contacted Pokerfuse in the article below regarding Pure Poker:

http://pokerfuse.com/news/industry/r...details-29-10/

Bronze
    Load Metric
    When I went to the store a few hours ago I looked through page by page a Popular Mechanics magazine November edition and I didn't see any Lock ads but it could be a different month or countries version that Prodigal son says he saw an ad in. Since I didn't see anything I can't comment but that is where I'm getting at when I say that Lock will find ways to advertise in places where people who aren't informed of their history might deposit onto their site especially if they see some big deposit bonus. You can advertise poker in a lot of various gaming, sports, or whatever magazines which are geared more towards men as long as the magazine accepts the ad as some probably don't take ads for gambling.

Lock apparently contacted Pokerfuse in the article below regarding Pure Poker:

http://pokerfuse.com/news/industry/r...details-29-10/
    Sorry my man. I was taking a shot at lock. Just being a smart ass.

But the fact that its almost believable tells you something about their reputation.

Like your posts!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeGucciMane View Post
    I have $160 on Lock if anyone wants it for $10 paypal to try out the new software and shit lol. PM me.

Disclaimer: It's considered play money

LOCK ME UP I'll be a sucker and give it a go for $10

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal son View Post
    Sorry my man. I was taking a shot at lock. Just being a smart ass.

But the fact that its almost believable tells you something about their reputation.

Like your posts!
    heh, I thought you might be leveling but at the same time nothing with Lock surprises me and advertising elsewhere outside of poker is probably their only/last hope to potentially gain any significant amount of signups.

Comments

Prodigal son: Good sport rep

Load Metric
    Lock 2.0

Blowin up in 2014!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Lock makes an official statement:

(bolded was done by Lock, not me)

Pure Poker Misrepresentation
    Oct 30th, 2013

Following the termination by "Lock" of its contract with the Revolution Network on October 29th, it came to our attention that players who were attempt to log onto the Lock software were being redirected by the network to a page that contains false and misleading information and, rather than being presented with the new Lock 2.0 software are subjected to an automatic download of competing poker software.

This is clearly an attempt by the network to take Lock players and damage Lock's business via a deceptive and misleading practice.

Lock has no relationship whatsoever with Pure Poker. Pure Poker has no Lock player data or account details. The only way to migrate your Lock balance, points and bonuses is to click on the download link in this email and then MIGRATE ACCOUNT once you launch the new software.

Initially the page where Lock players were redirected contained a patently false statement - that Lock's poker services were "terminated". Our legal counsel wrote to the operator of the Revolution network and demanded that this statement be taken down and, we confirmed that the page had been corrected to remove the false statement in less than an hour. However, the network has failed to resolve the more pressing issue - being that it is attempting to take Lock players and damage their business via a deceptive and misleading practice. This is conduct that is obviously meant to damage Lock and to cause confusion in the minds of consumers. To an extent this has already been successful as is evidenced via the threads appearing on the 2 + 2 forums and the emails we have been receiving from players.

Lock will be making a claim for damages as against the company and it's principals that own/operate the Pure Poker site as a result of the activities described above. The representatives of operator of the Revolution Network (IAA Services Ltd.), have indicated that the purepoker.eu site has owners and operators separate from the network. The persons and company who appear to be running the Pure Poker site have already been put on formal notice of Lock's claim for damages and have not responded.

The Revolution network operator has claimed that the Pure Poker site is not operated by the network however, the highjacking of the Lock update could not have been done by some third party operator without the knowledge and assistance of the network.

Accordingly a claim for damages will also be made against the network operator, as well as the principals and directing minds of the network operator, for inducing breach of contract and making negligent and/or fraudulent misrepresentations, concurrently with the claim as against the owners/operators of the Pure Poker site.

Finally, the regulatory and licensing authority for the Revolution Network have been put on notice that the network operator appears to be allowing an unlicensed poker site to operate as part of their network, in addition to the damages they are intentionally causing to Lock. There is no indication on the purepoker.eu site that their business operations are licesned in Curaco or elsewhere. This site appears to be a sham and players deal with it at their own risk.
    http://lockpoker.eu/news/2013/10/pur...sentation.html

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The only truthful part of Lock's press release is likely that Pure Poker is actually owned and operated by Revolution.

It sprung up out of nowhere, and indeed Lock is correct that only the network had the power to manipulate the Lock software to forward people to that Pure Poker offer.

However, everything else in that press release is garbage.

It doesn't matter whether Lock left Revolution or if Revolution kicked Lock off. The bottom line is that Lock has been cheating both players and other Revolution skins out of millions of dollars over the past 17 months.

That's why Lock and Revolution are now separate, regardless of who chose to separate first.

The legal threats are a joke, and will amount to nothing. Lock could easily be countersued for a staggering sum as a result of their irresponsible and fraudulent actions, which irreparably damaged Revolution Gaming. The lawsuit is a bluff.

I am looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

Load Metric
    Any word from the Lock Pros on this move??

Load Metric
    Hey Todd, I listened to your show from yesterday (good show btw) and based on your info it sounded like I would receive my Lock balance on Pure Poker and be able to play with it. Unfortunately this is not the case, you'll get your Lock balance as "Free Money" on Pure Poker, but you can't play with it, to be able to receive the "free money" you gotta deposit, rake the amount of the lock poker balance before the free money becomes "real money". So basically it's nothing more than one of these xxx% first deposit sign up bonuses. :-(

Load Metric
    The more I think about this, the more I realize it doesn't make any sense. Where the heck does this Pure Poker company suddenly come from? How the heck does Lock roll out a new software client? I mean, look at all the Nevada rooms how long it took them to roll out a new client... and then even stranger, Pure Poker pops up out of nowhere and immediately has a plan, a software client, a website and thumbs up from the revolution network??? I mean how does that work?? Lock shocks the revolution network by letting them know that they will leave and boom.... Pure Poker is there? Both sides must have been working on this for awhile... I wouldn't be surprised if somehow Lock and Pure Poker are connected, it gives them the perfect excuse for not being able to pay.....

Thread Information