Thread: Lakers fans

Load Metric

Lakers fans

Any of you want to comment on how your front office basically guaranteed they wont be contending for a title for the next 2 seasons? How can you pay kobe over 20 mil a year at this point in his career snd your team already struggling?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I just don't understand this on either side.

Kobe is 35, has been playing since age 18, and is coming off a major injury. I don't know what they think they're going to get out of him, especially for two more years AFTER this one! (He will be almost 38 when the final season on this contract ends!) While he will probably still be a good/decent player throughout most of it (assuming he avoids more major injuries), he will never be a superstar again. His body just doesn't isn't up to it anymore.

And for Kobe himself, this is also a mistake. The team is terrible right now, and is in total rebuild mode. I can't see how they can become championship caliber by the 2015-2016 season unless they acquire Lebron, and Kobe would never allow that because he won't play second fiddle to anyone. The best move for Kobe would be to finish out this wasted season, and then retire.

I believe this entire mess occurred because the Lakers fear a backlash if Kobe finishes career anywhere else, and he seems to want to play for two more years. But this is really pointless, as the team is just going to spin their wheels until they start over and rebuild around younger stars.

Also, why is there a Sports Illustrated magazine with Kobe on the cover at the signing? What purpose could that have possibly served?

Banned
    Load Metric
    anyone wondering why kobe would put himself in this position, i have to go to the age old saying.. oh about 48.5m reasons why.

Comments

FR1GHT: Forced by Druff to play Captain Obvious

Load Metric
    didn't know there were any left
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    If I was an nba owner I'd pay my top negros under the table. Then I'd infect them with syphilis and take my stockpiles of gold back when their playing days are over.

Load Metric
    LOLZ.

Actually, as a basketball fan this disappoints me. I was looking forward to a Kobe in the twilight of his career playing with a player like Kevin Love or Russell Westbrook. I don't think Melo was/is going, which would probably have been a disaster.

I haven't really thought about the cap ramifications but I do remember that only Nash ($9.7M) and Robert Sacre were on the books for 2014-15. They can still get someone but at best are looking at the same issues of being top heavy with veterans and having a brutal bench. Nash is completely washed up and while I expect Kobe to still be effective he will in no way justify that number, like not even 50% of it.

Would any other team have given him $13M in today's collective bargaining/analytics environment?

Brooklyn 2.0

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    And for Kobe himself, this is also a mistake. The team is terrible right now, and is in total rebuild mode. I can't see how they can become championship caliber by the 2015-2016 season unless they acquire Lebron, and Kobe would never allow that because he won't play second fiddle to anyone.

Also, why is there a Sports Illustrated magazine with Kobe on the cover at the signing? What purpose could that have possibly served?
    Thats the thing... they wont have the cap room to sign any big names. Just an awful move.

Load Metric
    Also, Jim Buss looks like trailer trash.

I forget where I heard it but he's like the real life "Tommy Boy" minus any of the success

Platinum
    Load Metric
    It is a pure business move. The Lakers know they are going to suck the next 2 years, so why not at least have fans coming to the arena to see their "savior" rapist and all around piece of shit Kobe?

The NBA is so fucked it isn't even funny. Now you have the "superstars" taking a 6 week MCL injury and shutting it down for the whole year!! What the fuck is going on here? Complete joke.

Bunch of fucking spoiled babies, I used to like watching NBA but it has seriously fallen off lately because of this nonsense.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by varys View Post
    Any of you want to comment on how your front office basically guaranteed they wont be contending for a title for the next 2 seasons? How can you pay kobe over 20 mil a year at this point in his career snd your team already struggling?
    Kobe's an overpaid worthless piece of sh#t.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    It is a pure business move. The Lakers know they are going to suck the next 2 years, so why not at least have fans coming to the arena to see their "savior" rapist and all around piece of shit Kobe?

The NBA is so fucked it isn't even funny. Now you have the "superstars" taking a 6 week MCL injury and shutting it down for the whole year!! What the fuck is going on here? Complete joke.

Bunch of fucking spoiled babies, I used to like watching NBA but it has seriously fallen off lately because of this nonsense.
    Not to bring up old shit, and FTR I haven't liked Kobe since he left Bensalem, he is indeed a douchebag POS, but I just have to point out the homerism going on here.

Kobe is an "all around piece of shit" for mainly just sticking his dick in some chicks ass, yet a guy who at best helped his friends walk away from a double homicide, and more than likely played a large part in that double homicide, is all good in your book just cause he played for the Ravens...lol

That's some damn fine homerism right there

Comments

bukowski72: On Point
    Last edited by vegas1369; 11-26-2013 at 08:02 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post

I hope you really don't think he's a rapist. I would question your grasp on reality if you really believe that.

Comments

bukowski72: 2+2 small sample, but he is always brought up as a rapist around me, Kobe $4 million ass rapist dupe would have been funny circa 2003

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I just don't understand this on either side.

Kobe is 35, has been playing since age 18, and is coming off a major injury. I don't know what they think they're going to get out of him, especially for two more years AFTER this one! (He will be almost 38 when the final season on this contract ends!) While he will probably still be a good/decent player throughout most of it (assuming he avoids more major injuries), he will never be a superstar again. His body just doesn't isn't up to it anymore.

And for Kobe himself, this is also a mistake. The team is terrible right now, and is in total rebuild mode. I can't see how they can become championship caliber by the 2015-2016 season unless they acquire Lebron, and Kobe would never allow that because he won't play second fiddle to anyone. The best move for Kobe would be to finish out this wasted season, and then retire.

I believe this entire mess occurred because the Lakers fear a backlash if Kobe finishes career anywhere else, and he seems to want to play for two more years. But this is really pointless, as the team is just going to spin their wheels until they start over and rebuild around younger stars.

Eh, I'm sure he would welcome any other superstar into the fold with open arms after this season ends. Ultimately, I think he cares now about his legacy more than his role as top dog. I would bet he will be in full recruiting mode this coming offseason to try to draw in other big names to LA.

People said the same thing, to a degree, about Wade-Lebron at first. We've all watched that work out quite fine for all involved.

IRT the actual deal....meh. Kobe as a brand is worth alot to the Lakers, and perhaps they have hope they can snag a "big 3" type deal for next season ala Miami. If not they'll cruise through 2 more years of being a .500 team but still making plenty of money.
    Last edited by gut; 11-27-2013 at 01:30 AM.

Thread Information