Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: a little help please guys SERIOUS BUSINESS

Load Metric

a little help please guys SERIOUS BUSINESS

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/24...-nashville-bar

I know that I'm an ass, but I don't ask for much around here. My friend Wayne Mills was shot by a bar owner in Nashville late Friday night and died last night. The bar owner is claiming self defense, but people close to his family are saying that Wayne was shot in the back of the head and the owner has not been arrested. Reportedly he even went in and opened the bar yesterday afternoon.

The bar is the Pit & Barrell formerly known as the Boondoxx. That bar and the man who killed my friend are scheduled to be on Bar Rescue tonight. A friend has found the contact info for the host John Tapper's wife who handles the show and I would appreciate it very much if you guys could call and leave messages or send e-mails asking them to cancel tonight's show. A coward that would shot a man in the back of the head does not deserve to get the publicity that being on that show would give. I'm just asking for 2 minutes out of your lives and please be civil as the people from the show had no part of what happened and we are trying to get them to pull an episode from tv. Thanks

PRESS CONTACT INFORMATION:
    Shana Tepper
    310-407-4728
    shana.tepper@spiketv.com

Spike Tv
    Email:
    spike-feedback@spike.com

Phone:
    (310) 907-2400

Comments

Belly Buster: sorry to hear about this sounds hopefully barman sees some justice

Crowe Diddly: sent to both rep

thesparten: Will do,

Load Metric
    Thank the Lord there is still some decency left in this world. Now the police need to charge that fucking coward.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...nclick_check=1

In an odd twist, Pit and Barrel was to have been featured on tonight’s episode of “Bar Rescue” on cable network Spike TV. The series features struggling bars and nightclubs that are given makeovers by a nightclub expert. The network has decided to pull the episode, running a rerun of a previous show instead, according to spokeswoman Shana Tepper.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Sorry to hear about this and that is good they pulled the episode but part of me wants to see what kind of douche the owner is on TV. Most of these people who get on Bar Rescue are asshole owners blinded by reality.

It might be better if at the end of the episode they would put in "Owner Charles Ferrell recently shot a man at the establishment and it's an ongoing investigation" to get the word out but which wouldn't be difficult to do but they probably want to wait and see what happens with him as to whether they will air the episode or not.

Load Metric
    Sorry to hear about your mate

But how does somebody not even get arrested for shooting another man in the back of the head?

Do you know what circumstances led to his death? If you don't mind sharing

Load Metric
    why god... why not garrett?

Comments

Bootsy Collins: Charles Darwin is scratching his head at this
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    The bar owner is claiming self defense, but people close to his family are saying that Wayne was shot in the back of the head and the owner has not been arrested.
    Hey man, I'm really sorry for what happened to your friend, and I hope you're doing alright. But I find the quote above very hard to believe. It's just insane that they wouldn't even bring the guy in for questioning given the circumstances. Either the police there are corrupt (or ludicrously incompetent), or your sources don't have their facts straight. Given that its third hand information, I'd lean toward the latter.

Comments

ShadyJ: Truth rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    The bar owner is claiming self defense, but people close to his family are saying that Wayne was shot in the back of the head and the owner has not been arrested.
    Hey man, I'm really sorry for what happened to your friend, and I hope you're doing alright. But I find the quote above very hard to believe. It's just insane that they wouldn't even bring the guy in for questioning given the circumstances. Either the police there are corrupt (or ludicrously incompetent), or your sources don't have their facts straight. Given that its third hand information, I'd lean toward the latter.
    It all smells fishy to me. Every news story that I've read makes it a point to say that the bar owner had a concealed carry permit, but those are not valid in establishments that serve alcohol or if the person has been drinking which I guarantee he was. The sub story is that Wayne and that guy were supposedly friends and Wayne had stopped by there after playing a gig at another local bar. Somehow he then ends up getting shot during a fight over lighting a cigar inside the bar.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I would wait for more information to come out. If you can confirm that he was in fact shot in the back of the head, then I'd start working the phones and trying to get the media involved. If the department feels enough heat, sometimes they'll be compelled to do their fucking jobs properly.

Load Metric
    Thats because sb only knows 1 side to the story. The police dont allow people to kill other people for no reason. It just doesnt happen.

Comments

big dick: you are a serious asshole dude. get fucked huh

Load Metric

It all smells fishy to me. Every news story that I've read makes it a point to say that the bar owner had a concealed carry permit, but those are not valid in establishments that serve alcohol or if the person has been drinking which I guarantee he was. The sub story is that Wayne and that guy were supposedly friends and Wayne had stopped by there after playing a gig at another local bar. Somehow he then ends up getting shot during a fight over lighting a cigar inside the bar.
    This is definitely not true in Wisconsin, and probably not true by you either.

Load Metric
    Doesn't matter who's right, the smart thing for spike is to not air the episode yet either way, which is exactly what they are doing (if twitter is to be believed,which it is).

Sorry about your friend, man. There's no real justice for something like this, no matter what the outcome, but if the story is as you say, hopefully that place goes up in flames with him still in it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post
    The police dont allow people to kill other people for no reason. It just doesnt happen.
    Maybe, maybe not, but there's a long, long history of the police letting people kill other people for bad reasons, for selfish reasons, for monetary reasons, for familial reasons, or just because they can reasons.

also, looked up the Tennessee concealed carry laws, and you can't be in a bar drinking with it, but as long as you aren't under the influence of anything, you're straight, from what I can tell.
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 11-24-2013 at 02:48 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post

This is definitely not true in Wisconsin, and probably not true by you either.
    I'm not sure how to interpret the second half of your jibberish there. I have looked up Tennessee's concealed carry law as I expected it would most likely be identical to what we have in Alabama. It does indeed show that your permit is invalid if you have been drinking and it was illegal to carry a firearm in a bar(like it is here) until they amended their code in June 2010 to allow it(so I was wrong there).

Load Metric
    Congrats, you made The Blaze: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...-music-singer/

They capped a tweet from Blake Shelton:

Extremely sad to hear about the death of my old friend Wayne Mills @WayneMillsBand... Rest in peace brother. Love you Carol.November 23, 2013 9:58pm via Twitter for iPhoneReplyRetweetFavorite

@blakesheltonBlake Shelton

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I believe the law says that you can meet certain "force" with the same reasonable amount of force to defend yourself.

Like if the guy isn't armed, you can't shoot him in "self defense".

I could be wrong though.

It is also rather interesting that there were allegedly several witnesses but they conveniently left right before the shooting. Yeah not buying that shit for a second. They were clearly all friends if they were in the bar after closing time, and probably don't want to snitch.

Bottom line unless the dead guy was armed it is going to be pretty hard to use the old "self defense" excuse.

Forensics will go a long way to tell what happened, if there was a struggle etc.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    I believe the law says that you can meet certain "force" with the same reasonable amount of force to defend yourself.

I could be wrong though.

It is also rather interesting that there were allegedly several witnesses but they conveniently left right before the shooting. Yeah not buying that shit for a second. They were clearly all friends if they were in the bar after closing time, and probably don't want to snitch.

Bottom line unless the dead guy was armed it is going to be pretty hard to use the old "self defense" excuse.

Forensics will go a long way to tell what happened, if there was a struggle etc.

I seem to be missing the, you know, entire fucking part of what happened that it came to this guy getting shot in the first place? Big gaping hole. No motive, no story, no weapon.. what gives?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post

I could be wrong though.

I seem to be missing the, you know, entire fucking part of what happened that it came to this guy getting shot in the first place? Big gaping hole. No motive, no story, no weapon.. what gives?
    I know like there are zero details.....how did we go from guy in bar hanging out after closing time with an apparent friend/acquaintance to guy getting shot in the head and killed. We are missing a whole part in the middle here and usually things would leak out by now.

I am guessing this doesn't happen everyday in Tennessee...where are reporters following up on this story? Usually they would be all over something like this.

Maybe shortbus can give a little more background on the area, the people involved and what not. Seems kind of odd this isn't bigger local news, and only national media is picking it up here and there.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post

I know like there are zero details.....how did we go from guy in bar hanging out after closing time with an apparent friend/acquaintance to guy getting shot in the head and killed. We are missing a whole part in the middle here and usually things would leak out by now.

I am guessing this doesn't happen everyday in Tennessee...where are reporters following up on this story? Usually they would be all over something like this.

Maybe shortbus can give a little more background on the area, the people involved and what not. Seems kind of odd this isn't bigger local news, and only national media is picking it up here and there.
    Between the news and my friends who are close to his family I am hearing two different aspects. The news keeps pressing the whole smoking in a no smoking area and the guy having a conceal carry permit. One of my friends is the one who said a family member told him Wayne was shot in the back of the head.

The part that smells fishy to me is that the news account says that everyone but them was outside. By all accounts Wayne and this guy were friends and Wayne went by to have a few drinks with him after playing at a different bar that night. How do you go from everyone is sitting around drinking to those two fighting and everyone else going outside? I'm afraid that all of the people there will deny any knowledge that might point to the owner as having not acted in self defense.

Now that my head has cleared a bit, I am waiting on more details to come out. I will say that Wayne was not an angel by any means, but I never saw him get in a fight in the decade plus that I knew him. At this point, the only person that knows what really happened is the guy who shot him and he will probably never talk.

Thread Information