Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: $$$ Bitcoin Prediction Thread $$$

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

$$$ Bitcoin Prediction Thread $$$

Obv bitcoins are here at least for the time being and maybe long term. Some people have made large and small fortunes and I am sure some people have taken some major hits.

But what are your predictions for bitcoin for the next year?

The next 5 years?

The next 10 years?

How high do you think they will go?

Are they here to stay forever?

Banned
    Load Metric
    The exchanges can be shut down, as Druff likes to predict, but BTC itself isn't going anywhere. Maybe they'll be worthless some day, but they'll always be around.

Comments

fluffer: on the DL rep

garrett: just because, people need to realize how shady you really are!

Sloppy Joe: Offset progidal son rep

adamantium: antigarrett

Rollo Tomasi: stick to video productions *giggling*

rum dick: if garrett, rollo, and fluffer are negging you, you must be doing something right rep

Load Metric
    Bitcoins are the greatest internet widget ever!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I predict they will be @ over $2000 a coin by February. They may not stay there but I think they are going to skyrocket and I think they will fetch 5k a coin at some point

Comments

garrett: god I hope you are right

Muck Ficon: stick with poker

Load Metric
    I predict garrett cant provide for his family no matter what price bitcoins rise to.

Comments

garrett: garret is single, w no children. Just stop, im not nearly as bad as you seem to wish I was. Just another forum pupets fail!
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It could actually be around forever like myspace but that don't mean the demand will be there which if that goes away the coin value won't be a whole lot.

Anyone paying attention to the coin a little bit knows the values have been a roller coaster the past 6 months and I see that trend continuing having some times where it settles in at a certain price then shoots up or down depending on something that may happen.

My theory for the current boost in value of the coin has to deal with the silkroad bust with the seized coins by the government. Since their are only so many coins in existence it's a big thing when some are practically gone at the moment but I believe the reason the value didn't shoot up right away is this whole bust was completely new and nobody knew how to take it. Some people were scared after silk road went down so they sold their coins and some others just didn't want to buy at the time but now that things have calmed down people are more willing to buy them.

Hell, because this made national news I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of druggies now are getting into buying their goodies online at one of the other drug markets their are available and now Silk Road making a comeback makes some people believe things are completely business as usual again. New buyers means more coin transactions with less coins in existence = coin value soaring.

I believe it will level off again and they will drop hard again but they probably will soar back up once they become more in demand whether it's because of another seizure or whatever it might be.

It will take a few more big crackdowns or something else new for the anarchists, druggies, and computer techies to completely ruin the coin.

Say you live in some small ass town that only has a few ma & pa stores and a big box retailer decides to come in with great prices. That store can squash all the smaller stores eventually forcing them out of the market. The government can continue to do things to crush the coin value to where people just say fuck it I give up with these things.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    My theory for the current boost in value of the coin has to deal with the silkroad bust with the seized coins by the government.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    I predict they will be @ over $2000 a coin by February. They may not stay there but I think they are going to skyrocket and I think they will fetch 5k a coin at some point

Why do you think this? For every seller of a coin there needs to be a buyer. Who is going to be buying these things at 5k per? Unless big money gets involved, which is unlikely due to no regulation, then who has the money to purchase several coins at that kind of money? Its all speculation right now...you cant even buy anything that's worth 5k a coin.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Druff has a secret location filled with bitcoin. Swimming pools filled with fresh shiny bitcoin.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I'm not going to predict the price, but I can predict that the more these are worth the more incentive there will be for people to hack/steal/scam them.

I think this will be the ultimate undoing of bitcoin and because there is no underlying asset and hence no intrinsic value. People will eventually run scared.

I also predict there will be other similar ecurrencies that will crop up. If they can find a mechanism to reduce the volatility, and be less reliant on dodgy market operators like mtgox, these will ultimately take over from BTC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post

Why do you think this? For every seller of a coin there needs to be a buyer. Who is going to be buying these things at 5k per? Unless big money gets involved, which is unlikely due to no regulation, then who has the money to purchase several coins at that kind of money? Its all speculation right now...you cant even buy anything that's worth 5k a coin.
    Well I saw them go from $5 to $900, interest seems to be picking up as well so I don't think them going from $900 up to a crazy type # is out of this world. I mean at any time there could be a mass dumpage and they may plummet as well but then more buyers will drive them back up.

I don't think they will ever be stable at a hige # but I feel at least for the short term I just have a gut feeling they may skyrocket especially if the chinese start buying them up now that they seem to be involved

Load Metric
    My prediction is they top out at around 2500~. China could be right, they could get to 5k.

After they reach such a serious amount and more are in circulation as time has passed I feel like they will either be erased or somehow regulated.

Also possible prediction is just too many hacks happen to the wrong people/wallets and they plummet to near irrelevance.

I am glad I checked my seals account for the first time in a really long time recently and found 6 of these bad boys. COnsidering I paid 0.0 for them I think I will just hold onto them and watch the show. If they get to 2.5k I will unload 5

Comments

Deal: Nice, get them out of your seals acct asap before micon does.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post
    My prediction is they top out at around 2500~. China could be right, they could get to 5k.

After they reach such a serious amount and more are in circulation as time has passed I feel like they will either be erased or somehow regulated.

Also possible prediction is just too many hacks happen to the wrong people/wallets and they plummet to near irrelevance.

I am glad I checked my seals account for the first time in a really long time recently and found 6 of these bad boys. COnsidering I paid 0.0 for them I think I will just hold onto them and watch the show. If they get to 2.5k I will unload 5
    You actually raise a good point. I know that Seals was handing new accounts 0.2 of a bitcoin for free (not always, but if that Freemoney guy saw you on) back when bitcoin was worth like $10.

If you log into those same accounts today, and never touched the 0.2 BTC (or even ran it up), it would be worth $150 or more.

Anyone who had an old but dormant Seals account should log in and see what they have.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    i sold 100 of them for 5.00 each last year. i thought i was getting a good deal

Load Metric

$5K per Bitcoin is outrageous.
    But so is $700 per Bitcoin.

Once the PayPal deal becomes official Bitcoin may ride to $1,200 to $1,500.
    PayPal will add Bitcoin to its payment options soon.

In the short-term Bitcoin may be a good investment.

If Bitcoin crashes and the price falls back where it was(less than $5) then
    Micon will be left holding his dick and nothing else.

Good Luck!

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post

After gambling in the stock market my entire life and seeing 100's of bubble stocks go bankrupt, I learned that you should never underestimate the greed and stupidity of humans. People will find the money to buy. I will play the game and say Bitcoins go to $10000 a coin before they implode. I will also say that before the end of the decade, they will be worth $0.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    i sold 100 of them for 5.00 each last year. i thought i was getting a good deal
    How do you feel about it? I burned through a lot of bitcoin around the same time, just treating it like play money, and I already feel sick about it. If it actually gets to $10k some day, I'm gonna be suicidal.

Comments

BeerAndPoker: *giggling* don't feel too bad about lots of people are in the same boat, ok

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Last:$1,100.00000 High:$1,100.00000

Load Metric
    I'm pretty sure bitcoins are primarily a spec exchange now with numbers guys playing the graphs. In order to be a legit currency it needs stability. It's just too risky for peddlers of goods to take on bitcoin inventory risk. Right now valuations are riding on hype which is hitting mainstream media pretty hard. At the peek of the hype the large speculative investor/gambler will bail and the currency valuation will follow.

High 2k within a month
    Low $150 within 3 months

For the experienced market speculators this bitcoin exchange is like having a brand new influx of poker fish hit their big game. They will milk all these new investors dry with their exchange manipulation skills and big money backing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    Presumably with the high prices people will work hard to create new coins. From what I read you can earn these coins computing. With new coins coming onto the market perhaps that brings the price down. Of course if they become more accepted then the number of coins needed will skyrocket. I don't think you get there though as the fraud potential seems high and will bring the whole thing down. Lots of smart Russian hackers are thinking about how to rob you of your bit coin value as we speak or that mysterious Japanese guy already has....

Thread Information