Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox One launch thread

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric

Xbox One launch thread

We came to the party way late on this one, and there are zero available in this part of the Pac NW. Amazon had a preorder allotment yesterday but it started at 5am pacific so fuck that.

The lovely and talented Mrs. Bagadonuts spotted an ad over the weekend that our local Fred Meyer had some available at midnight tonight. Tony Jr has a phenomenal older sister and she's been sitting in line with him since 6:30 pacific, and I just checked in with them and they are 5 and 6 in line and there is a total of 18 available.

Fred Meyer closes at 11, so all of the punters in line have to go outside for the last hour. I'm heading over at 11 with extra clothes as it's fucking 35 degrees here right now and will be there to pay the man.

The original idea was just to get the one, but since there both there we can buy two. No brainer obv.

I don't talk about my daughter often on the board, for many reasons but mostly I don't have a cool nickname for her, but she's about as good as it gets as a daughter and a sister. She's been accepted to Western Washington University and will be headed to Bellingham WA in the fall.

Load Metric
    Name:  tumblr_mdba1v3Rrh1r8jpfto1_500.gif
Views: 304
Size:  1.3 KB

can't bring myself to do it

Comments

tony bagadonuts: and that's why we're good rep

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    can she be joanie bagadonuts?

Comments

tony bagadonuts: Just doesn't have panache, but better than anything I've come up with

Load Metric
    Sitting outside in 35 degrees is pretty brutal.

The only thing I've ever waiting in line like that for was the PS2, and that was indoors playing cards with a fun mix of nerds and gangbangers.

What games is he getting? The only launch title that I really wanted to play was Ryse: Son of Rome, and the reviews are terrible. Forza always looks great, but it's a pretty hardcore racing game. I like racing games where you can blow up the other cars.

Comments

bukowski72: barry equals life shit

tony bagadonuts: Offset percy's bad mood rep

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    I like racing games where you can blow up the other cars because I can pretend I am 6-years-old. Rob Thomas is my God
    Keep working on your response Barry. You have only had 30 mins so far. Ask your wife for permission to respond.

Comments

Muck Ficon: LOL
    Last edited by bukowski72; 11-21-2013 at 11:51 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by bukowski72 View Post
    I like racing games where you can blow up the other cars because I can pretend I am 6-years-old. Rob Thomas is my God
    Keep working on your response Barry. You have only had 30 mins so far. Ask your wife for permission to respond.
    I clicked "reply" to ask what Rob Thomas had to do with anything, then I quickly realized that I don't care and clicked on one of the other 8 windows I have open.

You are aware that you can have multiple browser windows open at once, right?

I'm honored that you sat here for 30 minute furiously refreshing the page and waiting eagerly for my reply.

Comments

bukowski72: barry > Rob Thomas = mediocrity

4Dragons: F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric

I clicked "reply" to ask what Rob Thomas had to do with anything, then I quickly realized that I don't care and clicked on one of the other 8 windows I have open.

I totally agree. After your wife goes to bed you have time to to speak to all your video game pals on multiple windows YEAH BARRY!

I'm honored that you sat here for 30 minute furiously refreshing the page and waiting eagerly for my reply.
    Not exactly. I was checking PFA for new posts but you were still waiting on this thread like the bitch you are when your wife is asleep.

I was nicer to Barry in the PS4 Thread:
    http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...-launch-thread

Comments

Corrigan: nice tilt
    Last edited by bukowski72; 11-22-2013 at 04:17 AM.

Load Metric

I totally agree. After your wife goes to bed you have time to to speak to all your video game pals on multiple windows YEAH BARRY!

Not exactly. I was checking PFA for new posts but you were still waiting on this thread like the bitch you are when your wife is asleep.

why you acting like a 14-year old girl, bukowski?

Comments

bukowski72: Because I am. Barry is such a bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Load Metric
    Sitting outside in 35 degrees is pretty brutal.

The only thing I've ever waiting in line like that for was the PS2, and that was indoors playing cards with a fun mix of nerds and gangbangers.

What games is he getting? The only launch title that I really wanted to play was Ryse: Son of Rome, and the reviews are terrible. Forza always looks great, but it's a pretty hardcore racing game. I like racing games where you can blow up the other cars.
    Not bad at all as it turns out. They were given tickets at about 10:30 and were waiting in my daughter Tina's car when I rolled up with Taco Bell and a winning smile. We chilled and ate in my car and got back out in front at about 11:45. I brought gloves, hats, blankets (all Seahawk stuff of course), but we were only outside for about 7 minutes before they let us in.

They allow 1 unit per payment method, and I thought dude was going to call shenanigans but Tina had her mom's debit card so we were all good.

We didn't get any games, but Jr and I just got done setting it up and checking out the functionality before sending him to bed so he can get up for school in 4 hours (father of the year obv).

The functionality of this device is off the charts. I know have the Comcast DVR HDMI connection going into the Xbox, and with the kinect sensor you can control everything with voice or hand movements. It's the next generation of multimedia/all in one home devices, and I'm beyond impressed without having played a game.

I'm seriously considering keeping the 2nd one for the command center, and ditching the 360 and ps3 and potentially 4 all together.

Any guesses as to what these Day One Xbox's might go for about 2 weeks before Christmas?

Comments

bukowski72: You have issues with trying to keep everyone happy and calm

gut: chalupa rep

Muck Ficon: Command center rep

Banned
    Load Metric
    but seriously tell us more about this daughter

Comments

ftpjesus: Perving on the HS daughter rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Fringinhard View Post
    but seriously tell us more about this daughter
    Exhibit A as to why I don't mention her around here very often. I don't have much of a sense of humor when it comes to her. Know what I mean?

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: have you taught her to use a flick knife?

Banned
    Load Metric
    so if i can between the lines here is youre saying shes not fat

Comments

tony bagadonuts: That would be an accurate statement

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    They allow 1 unit per payment method, and I thought dude was going to call shenanigans but Tina had her mom's debit card so we were all good.

Load Metric
    Microcenter is advertising @ $499 and will have 30 per store minimum on Black Friday, if anyone cares. I don't but just passing it on.

This weeks South Park was pretty funny dealing with xbox wars if anyone missed it. Its seems Bu did not.

Load Metric
    lunch xbox

Name:  sams_card_dec_20_2008_071.JPG
Views: 265
Size:  43.0 KB

Load Metric
    Got my X box One around 3 years ago. It is pretty sweet.

Name:  download.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  841.5 KB

The only advantage to having one of these consoles is for those exclusive games they make for it.

I use a wireless HDMI card to stream between computer and any TV in the house, buy a wireless controller if you want and you are ready to go.

I am not a big gamer, but even if i was, I would just invest in upgrading my desktop (which can also benefit you in other ways than just games) than shelling out money for one of these things. The hardware in these consoles will be destroyed by your average computer in a year or two.
    :freelewfather

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Friend of mine a couple months back preordered 5 of them. His CC gives him 7-8% on those kinds of purchases so he is already making 40 bucks a piece without even reselling them. He is going to put them up on EBay once everyone sells out.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Are people just blindly signing off on the idea that OSA knows people with credit cards

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    Name:  tumblr_mdba1v3Rrh1r8jpfto1_500.gif
Views: 304
Size:  1.3 KB

can't bring myself to do it

I got this one...

She's probably great and level headed because it seems like her old man is too.

Comments

tony bagadonuts: My nigga
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

She can be Tiny Bagadonuts.

he said shes not fat, and after all shes a chick. if she were 6 foot or so you know Tony would have her out there at 7 years old running suicide and layup drills.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Thread Information