Thread: bj upton

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

bj upton

this could be the worst signing ever handed down in mlb club.

i knew he was shit, but in the back of my mind i saw him as an NL type of player, and the cheap power/speed/defense might compensate some...nope...worse adjustments to the NL, shitty power and an assortment of many other fails.....this nigga flat out sucks and could careless about making things right..

5 years @ over 75mil......show me the money

Load Metric
    I play in a deep-roster, keeper fantasy league where we keep 20 players each year then draft to fill out the rosters. Upton was dropped by whoever had him last year, and never picked up again obviously. I took a flyer on him in like the 3rd round of the "remaining player draft" for this season with hopes that he would turn it around. While I tend not to cut bait too quickly in fantasy baseball, I have already benched him, and seriously pondering dropping him. Just nothing there so far...like dude literally forgot how to hit the ball.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    the braves GM is frank wren. i'm sure once he moves on from this mess he created w/ the braves another team will take a chance on him...

Load Metric
    Braves lately have been doing a good job of developing pitchers though, at least until their arms fall off.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    I play in a deep-roster, keeper fantasy league where we keep 20 players each year then draft to fill out the rosters. Upton was dropped by whoever had him last year, and never picked up again obviously. I took a flyer on him in like the 3rd round of the "remaining player draft" for this season with hopes that he would turn it around. While I tend not to cut bait too quickly in fantasy baseball, I have already benched him, and seriously pondering dropping him. Just nothing there so far...like dude literally forgot how to hit the ball.
    Funny, I am in a deep NL keeper league, and I took a flyer on him for $9.

Like you, I benched him and already regret the purchase.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Braves lately have been doing a good job of developing pitchers though, at least until their arms fall off.
    that's really the only thing you need to do to succeed and win the ws

everybody in this joint thought i was a nut when i was telling them the giants could win the ws a few years ago,...and they did it w/ a AAA hitters for the most part, and won because of stellar pitching. GM's look good if the drafted/traded for young pitching step up and they contend....

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Funny, I am in a deep NL keeper league, and I took a flyer on him for $9.

Like you, I benched him and already regret the purchase.
    Did peter DC comp a draft room this year?

Rip peterdc

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Thread Information