Thread: I need some help(Traffic Ticket Edition)

Load Metric

I need some help(Traffic Ticket Edition)

My car wouldn't start and I had to get to get to work in a hurry. I borrowed my parents secondary car in order to get to work. I was driving home and get pulled over by this county cop. He proceeds to tell me that my license plate light is out and so is my brake light in the rear window.

I proceed to tell that this is my parents car and that it is rarely used. Sometimes it will sit weeks at a time before my dad will even start it up or use it. Furthermore, I tell him my dad was just released from a 47 day hospital stay and that I had to take care of my mom during this time. She has kidney dialysis and is also disabled.

He take my license, insurance, registration back to his car. I notice that one of his headlights is out while waiting for him to return. I also notice some guy that looks around 70 in his passenger seat(ride along?).

He returns with a ticket. WTF? I tell him, "Can I give you a ticket too?" He asks, "for what?" I said, "for that busted headlight on your patrol car!". He said, " go ahead and try!" What an ASSHOLE.

So do i pay the ticket? $115
    Go to court, explain the situation to try to get it reduced?

I need help/advice at what should I do?

Comments

shortbuspoker: mess with the bull and you get the horns rep

Load Metric
    Had this happen couple of months ago. Fix the blown or missing lights and then call the municipal court to see if you can have another officer sign off on the repairs and have the ticket dismissed. That's what I did and it worked.

Also, in the future, whether you are in the right or in the wrong DO NOT argue with the officer on the side of the road. He is way more likely to either escalate the situation or you will be stuck in his memory if you go to court. Just say yes sir or no sir take your ticket and plan future actions from there.

Thread Information