Thread: iPad Air vs Kindle HDX vs Dell Venue 8 Pro

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric

iPad Air vs Kindle HDX vs Dell Venue 8 Pro

I'm in the market for a tablet device but there's a bunch of new options out there.

Anyone got/used either the iPad Air, Kindle HDX or Dell Venue 8 Pro and can post a review?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    What are the main things that you are looking to do with it?
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric
    Mixture of surfing and some work stuff, emails when out and about, no fancy graphics games just chess etc, no ebooks. I already have an iphone so no music either.

TBH it's not something I need but I've got an xmas list to fill.
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    I haven't used the Kindle HDX, but I have a fire hd, and I think the deal is kinda the same. The kindles are TOOTALLy tied to the amazon services. They are android machines, but you'll have to root the thing just to use the google play store, and shit like that. (The amazon app store is lacking in general) You can install non-amazon approved apps without rooting, but you gotta do it by sideloading it from your computer, via usb. If you like fucking with your stuff, you can root the thing and install another OS entirely, cyanogenmod is pretty big now, and you would have a good value machine because amazon is helping subsidize the hardware. If you just want an awesome tablet out of the box, probably not the right pick for you.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    I haven't used the Kindle HDX, but I have a fire hd, and I think the deal is kinda the same. The kindles are TOOTALLy tied to the amazon services. They are android machines, but you'll have to root the thing just to use the google play store, and shit like that. (The amazon app store is lacking in general) You can install non-amazon approved apps without rooting, but you gotta do it by sideloading it from your computer, via usb. If you like fucking with your stuff, you can root the thing and install another OS entirely, cyanogenmod is pretty big now, and you would have a good value machine because amazon is helping subsidize the hardware. If you just want an awesome tablet out of the box, probably not the right pick for you.
    Good work as ever. I am "into" that stuff but I just with something that works without having to cock about with it so looks like the Kindle is out.
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

Thread Information