Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Confirmed Rigged: Pokernews Presenter Vote

Load Metric
    Matt, are you saying that the vote was to find finalists, and then conduct interviews? That's the only thing that makes sense to me. Having the winner be determined by a scripted video would seem to be the worst way to find a presenter who would have to think on their feet and might have a terrible stutter or case of the "ums" when the they don't have a script.

Second point: Who's to say the winner even wants the job when they find out the particulars? I've covered a poker tournament and I'll never do it again even if they were paying well (which is unlikely to be the case).

Finally, there seems to be quite a bit of uproar over a contest that got a couple thousand internet votes and is for a low-paying job, no?
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    LoL @ this failboat of a vote system.

and LoL @ granny winning it

just what poker needs, a 60yr old woman reporter that pimps fill tilt...i couldn't watch more than 30 seconds of her vid.

Load Metric
    Does everyone involved in poker simply have a tendency to be slimy when given any responsibility?
    Last edited by Deal; 11-16-2013 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Lee Jones only exception I can think of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewParvis View Post
    Agreed there. I take responsibility for not being clear enough with Chad and the staff. He made a mistake in his post, and we clarified it pretty quickly. What I've learned? Don't have a voting component to this process in the future. Lol.

The whole idea is suppose to be fun, and I hope some of you have had some fun with it. Even if the fun comes with calling me a loser of whatever.

I look forward to chatting with some of the candidates on person, and seeing if we can find someone to join out Pokernews family.

Thanks to all who check out the site -- even the ones who haven't done so since 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by JSTAT View Post

First of all Matthew Parvis, thanks for putting your feet to the fire on this forum. The PokerNews Presenter vote deadline was October 30th. This was confirmed by Chad Holloway and @PokerNews on Twitter. The blame is on the PokerNews staff who didn't get the memo, not us in the general public! It's confusing because the rules of the contest seems to change daily.
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Who confirmed it being rigged? Out the pokernews rat. Did he witness dangling chads?

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Sounds like Sarah is still in with a shot. Getting those juicy tittays out would really big a big vote winner.

#TeamSarah play to your strengths!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewParvis View Post
    Since I have a lot of respect for this forum and all of the folks who took lots of time to put together videos Ill comment.

We didn't rig anything -- as there would be absolutely no point to do so. The voting mechanism of the presenter audition was simply to add a fun, engaging component for our readers to be involved in the process. We will be now reaching out to those who we are interested in learning more about to see if they might be good fits to join our team. I apologize on behalf of PokerNews if there was any confusion when the submissions closed, but the intention was to always leave the voting open past the submission process. What sense would it be to close the voting on the same day as closing the submissions? That system would clearly favor those who submitted well in advance. So any miscommunication in regards to that factor, was just that, miscommunication.

We loved all the videos that came in. The creativity was really amazing. I look forward to speaking with candidates in person in the coming weeks. Below is a screenshot from our back-end showing exactly how many votes the top 10 received.

Matthew Parvis
    PokerNews
    We didn't rig anything -- as there would be absolutely no point to do so.

A little promotional effort goes Srsly wrong.

Srslysirius rifles off a quick vid. Even with half his usual effort, Srsly hits a home run. Ironically, more attention is brought to PokerNews by a Bluff employee just messing around.

Spurs a melancholy poker memory from the good old days. I had a little routine when I entered the Foxwoods poker room. I stopped by the magazine rack at the entrance to the room where free magazines were offered. I'd grab a copy of PokerNews & Bluff.

When my name was called from list I would approach the table, first carefully placing a copy of PokerNews on the filthy, fart infested chair before I sat. Once comfortable, I'd open up Bluff while I waited for the BB.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 11-17-2013 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Punctuation still kicking my ass.

Load Metric
    This thread is awful and everyone should feel bad for participating.

Comments

Brittney Griner's Clit: I'm ashamed rep...(Don't sleep on the Phoenix)

Thread Information