Thread: Read the True Story Before Hollywood Fucks Up the Movie Version

Load Metric

Read the True Story Before Hollywood Fucks Up the Movie Version

Nowhere near Pain and Gain but a good read nonetheless. It is currently being developed as a movie by "Hustle & Flow" director Craig Brewer.
    http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/...hills-20120831
    Last edited by LLL; 11-13-2013 at 11:08 AM. Reason: fixed link
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Load Metric
    404 - Page cannot be found

try this. http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/...hills-20120831

Comments

LLL: TY. Posting from phone.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    i didn't care for this story. but i did notice they had a thug story about the crimes NFL platyers commited.

most of these dudes tried to board planes w/ guns...and 90% are african american

and lol @ caleb king beating somebody up because they said he looked like eddie murphy.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/...about-20131029

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    i didn't care for this story. but i did notice they had a thug story about the crimes NFL players commited.

most of these dudes tried to board planes w/ guns...and 90% are african american

and lol @ caleb king beating somebody up because they said he looked like eddie murphy.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/...about-20131029

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Very few stories are depicted in film as to how they were written or actually played out in real life.

Reason being is because screening writing only allows a film to be an average of 90 minutes.. And the reason for that is the movie house wants to show the film 6 to 8 times a day. Many truths are blurred out of proportion.

Ask almost any author who has signed his writes away to their book which is then made into a movie. Most are enraged and only the money and writes sign off keep them from suing.

But in a few cases the movie version is indeed superior.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by son of lockman View Post
    Very few stories are depicted in film as to how they were written or actually played out in real life.

Reason being is because screening writing only allows a film to be an average of 90 minutes.. And the reason for that is the movie house wants to show the film 6 to 8 times a day. Many truths are blurred out of proportion.

Ask almost any author who has signed his writes away to their book which is then made into a movie. Most are enraged and only the money and writes sign off keep them from suing.

Also Hollywood for the most part fucking sucks and is full of lazy, uninspired writers and directors.
    "You run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole; you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post

Also Hollywood for the most part fucking sucks and is full of lazy, uninspired writers and directors.
    Well I'd have to chuckle some about your statement there.

Movies today are almost all special effects. Bombs going off and wild chases. Rewrites of former movies that did well also. Yes I'd attribute that to mostly poor writing skills that exist today. The art of telling a story really died in the 1960s as Hollywood gets less then 10 really good stories that tell an outstanding story a year.

And do I have an answer for the problem. No what's hitting the screens today will die out in a few years. Then hopefully people will crave for more meaningful movies that have them gripping their fingernails into their seats as they watch.

Actually I love telling a story myself and written a few comedy-dramas. Takes some time but most enjoyable and really not that hard to do if you know the guidelines.
    Last edited by son of lockman; 11-14-2013 at 09:54 AM.

Load Metric

Movies today are almost all special effects. Bombs going off and wild chases. Rewrites of former movies that did well also. Yes I'd attribute that to mostly poor writing skills that exist today. The art of telling a story really died in the 1960s as Hollywood gets less then 10 really good stories that tell an outstanding story a year.

And do I have an answer for the problem. No what's hitting the screens today will die out in a few years. Then hopefully people will crave for more meaningful movies that have them gripping their fingernails into their seats as they watch.

Actually I love telling a story myself and written a few comedy-dramas. Takes some time but most enjoyable and really not that hard to do if you know the guidelines.
    Ummmm, yeah except the 70s happened. Arguably one of the strongest storytelling decades in film history.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Really was looking forward to The Counselor and then also Dallas Buyers Club... hopefully they don't disappoint.

Comments

LLL: DBC should be money.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I read about this chick before....crazy story.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Ummmm, yeah except the 70s happened. Arguably one of the strongest storytelling decades in film history.
    With what? Godfather, Star wars?

Sorry to say I've seen them numerous times and they both failed to impress me.

Comments

nunbeater: nigga please

Load Metric

The French Connection
    The Exorcist
    Chinatown
    Jaws
    All the President's Men
    Yes, The Godfather as well as Part II (if you're not impressed you're doing it wrong).
    The Conversation
    The Deer Hunter
    Mean Streets
    Taxi Driver
    Apocalypse Now

I really don't need to go on...

Comments

Crowe Diddly: dog day afternoon also. good list rep

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest
    Clockwork Orange
    Badlands
    Harold and Maude
    Young Frankenstein
    Annie Hall
    The Sting
    McCabe + Mrs Miller
    on and on and on...

Really amazing how good the 1970s was
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Thread Information