Thread: Thinking Outside the Box-VW Factory Tour

Load Metric

Thinking Outside the Box-VW Factory Tour

This is the type of forward thinking missing in North America. One of the coolest youtube videos I've ever seen but, then again, I'm a big fan of Discovery, TLC & this type of programming. Worth a look IMO:

Anybody else come across any other cool videos like this? Please share.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    This is the type of forward thinking missing in North America. One of the coolest youtube videos I've ever seen but, then again, I'm a big fan of Discovery, TLC & this type of programming. Worth a look IMO:

How is that "forward thinking"? It's very cool looking. It certainly draws in the tourists. But that's not their standard manufacturing process. That factory was constructed to hand build 20,000 Phaeton's per year. The problem is that only about 6,000 people per year want to buy one. They were pulled from the US market after selling only 820 cars in 2005.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Phaeton

Some of the most innovate car plants are "foreign" manufacturer's plants in the US. Subaru's plant in Lafayette Indiana sends no garbage to landfills.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/money...actories_N.htm

Hyundai's plant in Alabama has an automated chassis fabrication area with just a few dozen workers. That's not good for employment numbers, but I would call it "forward thinking".

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

How is that "forward thinking"? It's very cool looking. It certainly draws in the tourists. But that's not their standard manufacturing process. That factory was constructed to hand build 20,000 Phaeton's per year. The problem is that only about 6,000 people per year want to buy one. They were pulled from the US market after selling only 820 cars in 2005.

Some of the most innovate car plants are "foreign" manufacturer's plants in the US. Subaru's plant in Lafayette Indiana sends no garbage to landfills.

Hyundai's plant in Alabama has an automated chassis fabrication area with just a few dozen workers. That's not good for employment numbers, but I would call it "forward thinking".
    great vid love this stuff

There are three major car producers in Slovakia: Volkswagen, PSA Peugeot-Citroën, and KIA. Volkswagen has been producing cars in Slovakia since 1991, and currently specializes in production of luxury SUVs (VW Touareg, Audi Q7, Porsche Cayenne, and recently also Škoda Octavia). PSA Peugeot-Citroën chose Trnava, Slovakia for its new plant in 2003, followed by KIA which decided to start producing cars near Žilina, Slovakia a year later in 2004. Models produced by KIA include the new Cee’d, and Sportage, Peugeot produces the popular model 207.

In 2006, more than 295,000 cars were produced in Slovakia. In 2007 this number doubled to more than 570,000, which accounts for 106 cars produced per 1,000 inhabitants, and makes Slovakia the largest car producer per capita in the world. This number should even increase by 2009 when Peugeot and KIA reach their maximum production capacity (300,000+ cars/year). In 2009 the number of cars produced per 1,000 inhabitants should that way increase to 160

in 2012 the projections have been blown up to almost double these numbers. clearly Slovakia is the number one car manufacture in the world and also the most advanced techniques easly better than anything that is done in the USA sory berry keep trying
    Last edited by Baron Von Strucker; 12-24-2012 at 09:57 AM.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post

There are three major car producers in Slovakia: Volkswagen, PSA Peugeot-Citroën, and KIA. Volkswagen has been producing cars in Slovakia since 1991, and currently specializes in production of luxury SUVs (VW Touareg, Audi Q7, Porsche Cayenne, and recently also Škoda Octavia). PSA Peugeot-Citroën chose Trnava, Slovakia for its new plant in 2003, followed by KIA which decided to start producing cars near Žilina, Slovakia a year later in 2004. Models produced by KIA include the new Cee’d, and Sportage, Peugeot produces the popular model 207.

In 2006, more than 295,000 cars were produced in Slovakia. In 2007 this number doubled to more than 570,000, which accounts for 106 cars produced per 1,000 inhabitants, and makes Slovakia the largest car producer per capita in the world. This number should even increase by 2009 when Peugeot and KIA reach their maximum production capacity (300,000+ cars/year). In 2009 the number of cars produced per 1,000 inhabitants should that way increase to 160

in 2012 the projections have been blown up to almost double these numbers. clearly Slovakia is the number one car manufacture in the world and also the most advanced techniques easly better than anything that is done in the USA sory berry keep trying
    The reason that Slovakia has so many car manufacturing plants is because their labor is dirt cheap. The people in Slovakia don't buy those cars. Their GDP and GDP per capita are worse than Puerto Rico and Portugal.

Because of this cheap labor, those factories are less automated and less innovative than most. There's no reason to use robots when you can pay people half of what a French worker makes and a third of what an American worker makes.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric

Slovakia does indeed produce a lot of cars per capita. But your cut n paste job is a few years out of date! It has been a massive beneficiary of the EU enlargement and recent accession to the Euro has also helped.

Cheap labour that doesn't go on strike every five minutes is no doubt a big plus as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric

The reason that Slovakia has so many car manufacturing plants is because their labor is dirt cheap. The people in Slovakia don't buy those cars. Their GDP and GDP per capita are worse than Puerto Rico and Portugal.

Because of this cheap labor, those factories are less automated and less innovative than most. There's no reason to use robots when you can pay people half of what a French worker makes and a third of what an American worker makes.
    True the cost of labour is low in Sloakia, I would say it is inline with the unique cost of living,
    Slovaks do not live in.a disposable society like for instance USA or Canada. Food is reasonable most atleast from my area grow and raise a lot of the food we eat, also we won't buy these cars cause we don't need them many used cars come into the country from Germany most in very good condition and very good price.
    The other point that car manufacturers are in Slovakia is the abundance of highly skilled and motivated workers who don't mind a lower wage for steady work, some people might learn from this train of thought.
    Cars aren't the only items being manufactured in Slovakia.

And fuck that GDP shit we don't need it OBV.
    Don't be jellous now.
    You can come and visit.....but not for to long!
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    we won't buy these cars cause we don't need them many used cars come into the country from Germany most in very good condition and very good price.
    So you don't buy the Q7/Cayanne/Touareg that's made there because you don't "need" them, not because they cost three times the average yearly income? Sure. That's why.

And it's a weird coincidence how all of those good used cars from German always had a small accident that caused the plate with the VIN number to fall off.

Load Metric
    we won't buy these cars cause we don't need them many used cars come into the country from Germany most in very good condition and very good price.
    So you don't buy the Q7/Cayanne/Touareg that's made there because you don't "need" them, not because they cost three times the average yearly income? Sure. That's why.

And it's a weird coincidence how all of those good used cars from German always had a small accident that caused the plate with the VIN number to fall off.
    True story. The chief of police from Passau Germany and his wife drove there new VW passat to a resort very close to we're I live, while checking in there car was stolen and never seen again. Until now car rental company's do not allow some makes of cars to be taken into Slovakia for this reason.
    There is a presence of organized crime in Slovakia, most if not all of these cars are usually striped and shipped to Russia and all points east. There have been crackdown by special forces to deal with this problem as the local police can not be trusted with this task becaus of massive corruption.
    One of the many reasons why Canada is my new home.
    You will often see in capital city (Brataslava) Porsches, maybac, new Audi, range rovers,Bugatti veron, and many other nice autos, but most of these cars are purchased with dirty money.
    my areas is mostly lower income so not to many of this, I bought 4 yr old Audi all road desal car from a frend in Italy for 9000 euro there are many cars like this there.
    Because of the strct rules regarding registration of vehicles the vin #'s all have to match. Although a 500 euro note may Change this maybe.
    all hail Hydra

Load Metric
    Was there a few months ago. Here's a pic see if you recognise it.

Name:  IMG_0599.JPG
Views: 392
Size:  116.3 KB
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    Was there a few months ago. Here's a pic see if you recognise it.

Name:  IMG_0599.JPG
Views: 392
Size:  116.3 KB

nice pick! from the hill at the presidents castle? has a little of the old town and the upper right is petrzalka the slums of Bratislava typical cold war russian housing, my favourite place to stay in Blava is hotel kiev in the centre of town 30eu a night and one euro for pivo in the pub.

did you only visit Bratislava?

Veselé Vánoce a šťastný nový rok

Name:  IMG_0254.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  1.34 MB

Name:  IMG_2333.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  1.90 MB
    Last edited by Baron Von Strucker; 12-25-2012 at 06:12 PM.
    all hail Hydra

Load Metric
    Yes good spot taken from the the castle above Bratislava.

Only visited for the day on the catamaran from Vienna (fuck those boats are FAST).

Sure is cheap there compared to Austria.

Name:  IMG_0571.JPG
Views: 230
Size:  37.2 KB
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

Thread Information