Thread: *** Official Flying Stupidity Wagering thread ***

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Something I’ll mention. Some of you might read it as a bit of a “tight brag” which it probably is a bit but the lesson is meant to be well intended.

With any luck or even some skill you may one day find yourself amongst the sharp players. There are hundreds if not thousands more sharp than I but I do my damage. When you get to that point keeping outs becomes as big a skill as picking winners, esp if you are dealing with locals. A good agent is invaluable and there are many bad ones out there I can assure you. After some winning weeks eventually the main bookie is going to want to cut your ass loose. The only thing preventing that is a good relationship with your agent.

Instead of losing an out tonight I got a “watch your ass, they out to drop you”. Now I get to continue to terrorize the book for a little while longer. That’s potentially worth a few more grand in the short term AND the long term.

Pro tips
    1. Always be the first person in line to pay your guy in a losing week.
    2. Reach out to him with the number you owe before he has a chance to ask.
    3. Respect his time and any appointments that you make. He can have as many as 50 people on his sheet he needs to meet - he doesn’t want to wait around waiting for your dumb ass.
    4. When you have a big week don’t be afraid to tip him out. When you win, he doesn’t. When you win big you can fuck up his sheet with a “makeup” for weeks. Now he’s working for free for a bit. Citing him in a bit is always going to get you some clout.
    5. Don’t “get coy” with him once the cat is out of the bag that your play is sharp, or at the least sharper than most. Last thing he wants to hear is how lucky you must be. If you are hitting 64% of props over 100 plays and won 2 golf tournaments he ain’t buying it.
    6. Don’t be afraid to tell him about the sharp of the sharp plays if you know he bets on a his own account. Emphasize that even though he works for the book that you are team mates as well. It sounds corny but it helps.

All of the above just saved me a very good and profitable account. That’s (I hope) worth money to me in the short term.

Even more importantly - when you do get cut off eventually it won’t be by this guys hand and he will be empathetic about having to let you go rather than saying “fuck off” and “you can kiss that last envelope good bye”. It builds relationships. Agents know agents. If he gets another sheet you will be the first guy he calls. Long term that is invaluable.
    All of this^
    We have a guy that cut us off last week and sent 10k of the 19 he owes. We are worried about the rest.. I'm trying to work out a deal or a payment plan and maybe give him some football players to make sure he squares me up.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by padre33 View Post
    Something I’ll mention. Some of you might read it as a bit of a “tight brag” which it probably is a bit but the lesson is meant to be well intended.

With any luck or even some skill you may one day find yourself amongst the sharp players. There are hundreds if not thousands more sharp than I but I do my damage. When you get to that point keeping outs becomes as big a skill as picking winners, esp if you are dealing with locals. A good agent is invaluable and there are many bad ones out there I can assure you. After some winning weeks eventually the main bookie is going to want to cut your ass loose. The only thing preventing that is a good relationship with your agent.

Instead of losing an out tonight I got a “watch your ass, they out to drop you”. Now I get to continue to terrorize the book for a little while longer. That’s potentially worth a few more grand in the short term AND the long term.

Pro tips
    3. Respect his time and any appointments that you make. He can have as many as 50 people on his sheet he needs to meet - he doesn’t want to wait around waiting for your dumb ass.
    4. When you have a big week don’t be afraid to tip him out. When you win, he doesn’t. When you win big you can fuck up his sheet with a “makeup” for weeks. Now he’s working for free for a bit. Citing him in a bit is always going to get you some clout.
    5. Don’t “get coy” with him once the cat is out of the bag that your play is sharp, or at the least sharper than most. Last thing he wants to hear is how lucky you must be. If you are hitting 64% of props over 100 plays and won 2 golf tournaments he ain’t buying it.
    6. Don’t be afraid to tell him about the sharp of the sharp plays if you know he bets on a his own account. Emphasize that even though he works for the book that you are team mates as well. It sounds corny but it helps.

All of the above just saved me a very good and profitable account. That’s (I hope) worth money to me in the short term.

Even more importantly - when you do get cut off eventually it won’t be by this guys hand and he will be empathetic about having to let you go rather than saying “fuck off” and “you can kiss that last envelope good bye”. It builds relationships. Agents know agents. If he gets another sheet you will be the first guy he calls. Long term that is invaluable.
    All of this^
    We have a guy that cut us off last week and sent 10k of the 19 he owes. We are worried about the rest.. I'm trying to work out a deal or a payment plan and maybe give him some football players to make sure he squares me up.
    This was a guy I met playing online the last year nobody I met in person. We have traded a few hundred k the last 6months.. overall I'd say ahead 35-45

Load Metric

Pro tips

All of this^

Well here is the good news….. if he wasn’t going to pay you the last 9 he wasn’t going to pay you the other 10. My guess is you get the other 9 but you may not be “first in line”.

And you are speaking to exactly what I’m taking about. See if you can get another account with him or through him.

Load Metric
    College World Series is god

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    It really is special. Watched a fantastic extra inning game the other night the old school way.. Nice play by the first baseman there. All games coming down to the wire. Angels game was a disaster, winning run comes off the board on a replay and lose an under that goes into the 9th 1-1

Load Metric
    It really is special. Watched a fantastic extra inning game the other night the old school way.. Nice play by the first baseman there. All games coming down to the wire. Angels game was a disaster, winning run comes off the board on a replay and lose an under that goes into the 9th 1-1
    So real

ESPN

Vandy rallies and wins bottom 9th 2 outs.

Going back to pro baseball is depressing

Load Metric
    Angels game was a disaster, winning run comes off the board on a replay and lose an under that goes into the 9th 1-1
    I had to work today but I saw Angels S.F. and figured Ohtani wouldn’t go deep and Angels bullpen is hot garbage so I fired live over 6.5 small just on general principal.

I had no time to price shop but it was a lock in my world. I been autobetting Angels live overs professionally. Lol.

Name:  F8D0B4CB-FF47-4410-ADD6-831561089F4F.jpeg
Views: 211
Size:  82.4 KB

I get home and its 1-1 8th and believe I must cancel my Olive Garden reservation

Total 12

Just stupid

Druff’s RHE was so sweet. Jays ain’t hitting

The Trevor Bauer & Dodgers pitching saga is sooooo fascinating.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Angels game was a disaster, winning run comes off the board on a replay and lose an under that goes into the 9th 1-1
    I had to work today but I saw Angels S.F. and figured Ohtani wouldn’t go deep and Angels bullpen is hot garbage so I fired live over 6.5 small just on general principal.

I had no time to price shop but it was a lock in my world. I been autobetting Angels live overs professionally. Lol.

I get home and its 1-1 8th and believe I must cancel my Olive Garden reservation

Total 12

Just stupid

Absolutely tortured in baseball. ICE TRAE YOUNG saved my ass. The Hawks might win the Ship. That College game was the game of the day along with the hoops. Chapman blew up loses the lead and Yankees still walk off. As my Chaldean buddies down here in San Diego say "owafffee" fuckit
    Padres Baseball to end day. On Padres, under, and under24.5 RHE.

Load Metric
    Yeah, I saw your card. It hurt to look at cause those type of days are fresh in my mind.

I got no feel on this Dodgers Padres. My only action is

Los Angeles Dodgers team total over 3½ -115 for Game

I’m not even sure what my thinking was at the time.

Has Will Smith ever thrown out a runner?

Bronze
    Load Metric

Total 12

Just stupid

You have a good attitude and outlook on life. My guess on your profession other than picking winners I would say something to do with the stock market. Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana, salad and chicken Alfredo is a go to. My lady and I first date 17 years ago was Olive Garden so its a regular spot for us.

Load Metric
    Machine Gun Kelly alert

Diego Padres VS Los Angeles Dodgers - Game - |San Diego Padres| Team Total (OT included) Over 5½ +112

Load Metric
    Beaty sno-cones and only one run scores.

Right field is always an adventure for Dodgers with McInstry etc.

They got lucky. Only 5 for Padres

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Won yesterday's RHE bet.

Here's a regular one starting 11:05am PDT

Texas (Allard) +135 vs. Oakland (Bassitt)

Load Metric
    Name:  03B03B32-AD07-4DD3-A13A-8E0A0656ABAB.jpeg
Views: 188
Size:  425.7 KB

Oops forgot

Name:  340040E6-FA7B-4072-BBE1-CBC046430885.jpeg
Views: 187
Size:  52.5 KB

Yankees is a live wager that should cash any minute. Sorry Sizzler

Red Sox vs Tampa Bay Wacha Wacha = trash. We faded him last outing successfully. Kinda think this is a steal.

Astros is my chalk for parlays.

Cards Pirates is a joke

Come at me bro’

Comments

NickyPipes: Wachas not all bad

Load Metric

Pro tips

So the under rated part of this story is when the agent was giving me “the warning before the dear John” he gave me the speech about playing more 50/50 shit and just generally send in less sharp play to balance. I asked him if he saw what I put in yet this week. He said yeah I can see you punting and taking no shot plays to give some back - smart move if you want to keep the out….. Bubba watsons like 50 ain’t he…..

Anyone want to take a guess who the overnight favorite is?

He’s not impressed. I mean he is, but he’s not thrilled.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: you's a slick sumbitch

NickyPipes:

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Clippers respond in Game 3 again. Baseball we needed a one day break but this Hawks(last night), Canadiens (dog at home wee), Clippers trifecta gets that loss back and some. Pipes get on the Clippers in a pk game 4. I don't care what your sauna amigo bigwigs say Padre says the CLIPPERS will roll.

Load Metric
    We fading Barnes again?

Rox +210

Load Metric
    We fading Barnes again?

Rox +210
    The fade was about goo free change ups not working in the weightless atmosphere of Colorado.
    That and the amazing home record the Rockies have this year.

Parlay Barnes with Blue Jays and/or Astros

The big dog was the slumping Dodgers

But then again, I’m swapping spit lately

Load Metric
    Anybody doing anything?

Careful with Astros @ Detroit. Looks like rain. Prolly doesn’t get played. The worst outcome would be it does get played and rain delayed and blows up your parlays.

I might have a problem with that personally.

Load Metric
    Anybody doing anything?

Careful with Astros @ Detroit. Looks like rain. Prolly doesn’t get played. The worst outcome would be it does get played and rain delayed and blows up your parlays.

I might have a problem with that personally.
    Kucherov might not be playing but I'm still riding Tampa game 7.

Tampa in regulation +103 . Locked and loaded.

Parlay 1 +108

NBA Bucks + NHL Tampa

Parlay 2 +200

NHL Tampa + Euro Italy 3 way (to win) + Euro France 3 way (to win)

Parlay 3 -115

Euro: Italy 3 way (to win) + France 3 way (to win)

And if all else fails I'll be at the GA meeting on Tuesday night. I would have already been attending but I was too busy weeping everytime the Canadiens won. No money lost just shedding tears for what could have been. Imagiine being up 3-1 on the Canadiens and failing to win a single game to finish them off.....only to see them get to the Cup final.

Comments

NickyPipes: Euro picks very good

Thread Information