Thread: Matt Savage & Daniel Negreanu fight on Twitter

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Matt Savage & Daniel Negreanu fight on Twitter

Negreanu somehow pissed off Savage by posting that 90% of tournament penalties should just be warnings, as they were the result of inadvertent actions by the players. I agree with this, though I don't know about the 90% figure. I got a terrible and costly penalty on Day 6 of the WSOP Main Event in 2010, for exposing my cards, when it was clear I didn't realize there were players still in the hand. Theo Tran got a penalty at nearly the same time for the same thing.

Here is how the Twitter convo went down:

Daniel Negreanu: 90+% of penalties issued during poker tournaments should be one warning with no penalty, as the vast majority are honest errors by players.

Matt Savage: So @RealKidPoker 1 out of every 10 penalties are justified? Exactly how would you know this statistic? You do not play 1% of tournaments.

Matt Savage: Attacking @PokerTDA is your new mission now @RealKidPoker? The people that care about poker as much or more than you do are up to the task.

Matt Savage: And before you meet HOF “criteria” @RealKidPoker you better look in the mirror and head back to Doyle’s Room yourself and do work!

Matt Savage: If “Choice Center” teaches you to rant, criticize, and complain about everything you don’t like @RealKidPoker I want NO part of it!

Matt Savage: My advice to you @RealKidPoker is to stick to what you are good at…… Playing poker tournaments! Good Luck in the WSOP POY run bud!

Matt Savage: And BTW @RealKidPoker, the @GlobalPokerIndx race you love and support so much as I do was created by the one and only @AnnieDuke!

Daniel Negreanu: @SavagePoker impressive rant brother! Bravo, get it all out you will feel so much better. Sending you and your family love my friend.

Matt Savage: Thanks @RealKidPoker, your words are powerful & hurtful to many people that care about poker. You have so much influence, use it positively!

-------------

Negreanu apparently backed down, possibly because Savage invoked the Choice Center thing, which made Daniel realize that he's supposed to be all touchy-feely and positive.

Anyway, he was right. Savage was really out of line here.

Load Metric
    Wonder Twin Douchebags, Unite!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Load Metric
    So Daniel makes a comment that makes perfect sense and Savage seemingly flies off the handle. Not sure of Matt is on the rag or what. I think that most pros, Druff included, would agree that if a foul is obviously inadvertent then you should get a warning the first time in any given tournament. Daniel's arguments are generally based of keeping the recreational players happy and maintaining a fun atmosphere so tha they'll keep pumping money into the tournament circuit ecenomy.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    So Daniel makes a comment that makes perfect sense and Savage seemingly flies off the handle.
    It's not the one comment, its the fact that Daniel bangs away at the TDA and tournament rules all the time, and Matt's always at the other end of it defending the rules and/or explaining why they are what they are. Problem for Matt is when Daniel says something, shit tons of fanboys treat his word like God and they pile on Matt like mobs do.

Matt's position often revolves around the fact that Daniel only thinks of these rules from his perspective, not from the perspective of the average guy playing the $250 Nightly somewhere. Also, Matt oftentimes accuses Daniel of making shit up and making strawman arguments. Here, Daniel is making up random statistics and claims to know the intent of all these people as well. That seems to make Matt extra angry, because now he has to argue against nonsense stats to a mob who won't listen anyway.

Load Metric

Comments

Rollo Tomasi: retard rep
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrigan View Post
    He really is gay as shit

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Daniel is blessed, even his hair is growing back

Comments

ftpjesus: Rogaine is a helladrug Rep

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I'm sure that was the straw the broke the camel's back. I doubt that was the first time he pissed off Matt Savage. I side with Matt Savage.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Negreanu somehow pissed off Savage by posting that 90% of tournament penalties should just be warnings, as they were the result of inadvertent actions by the players. I agree with this, though I don't know about the 90% figure. I got a terrible and costly penalty on Day 6 of the WSOP Main Event in 2010, for exposing my cards, when it was clear I didn't realize there were players still in the hand. Theo Tran got a penalty at nearly the same time for the same thing.

Here is how the Twitter convo went down:

Daniel Negreanu: 90+% of penalties issued during poker tournaments should be one warning with no penalty, as the vast majority are honest errors by players.

Matt Savage: So @RealKidPoker 1 out of every 10 penalties are justified? Exactly how would you know this statistic? You do not play 1% of tournaments.

Matt Savage: Attacking @PokerTDA is your new mission now @RealKidPoker? The people that care about poker as much or more than you do are up to the task.

Matt Savage: And before you meet HOF “criteria” @RealKidPoker you better look in the mirror and head back to Doyle’s Room yourself and do work!

Matt Savage: If “Choice Center” teaches you to rant, criticize, and complain about everything you don’t like @RealKidPoker I want NO part of it!

Matt Savage: My advice to you @RealKidPoker is to stick to what you are good at…… Playing poker tournaments! Good Luck in the WSOP POY run bud!

Matt Savage: And BTW @RealKidPoker, the @GlobalPokerIndx race you love and support so much as I do was created by the one and only @AnnieDuke!

Daniel Negreanu: @SavagePoker impressive rant brother! Bravo, get it all out you will feel so much better. Sending you and your family love my friend.

Matt Savage: Thanks @RealKidPoker, your words are powerful & hurtful to many people that care about poker. You have so much influence, use it positively!

-------------

Negreanu apparently backed down, possibly because Savage invoked the Choice Center thing, which made Daniel realize that he's supposed to be all touchy-feely and positive.

Anyway, he was right. Savage was really out of line here.
    I think Negreanu is generally right.. Also not sure of the 90% number but I don't see anywhere where Danny attacked that asshat Savage directly in his tweet he was talking in general. Last time I checked Savage wasn't the God of the Tourney Directors (meaning he isn't everywhere and all knowing and dictating he does run a lot of the high profile tournies obviously but Danny never mention him by name. Sounds like Savage took umbrage for something that didn't name him and if so sounds like he's a little testy and assumes its all about him (talk about ego)

Banned
    Load Metric
    Matt may have also been tilted by some of the things Daniel said in an interview with me a few days prior to this Twitter spat.

Matt Savage is a co-founder of the TDA.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    I'm sure that was the straw the broke the camel's back. I doubt that was the first time he pissed off Matt Savage. I side with Matt Savage.
    Yeah, these two rules nits always go at it on twitter.

Savage vs Allen Kessler is even worse

Thread Information