Negreanu somehow pissed off Savage by posting that 90% of tournament penalties should just be warnings, as they were the result of inadvertent actions by the players. I agree with this, though I don't know about the 90% figure. I got a terrible and costly penalty on Day 6 of the WSOP Main Event in 2010, for exposing my cards, when it was clear I didn't realize there were players still in the hand. Theo Tran got a penalty at nearly the same time for the same thing.

Here is how the Twitter convo went down:

Daniel Negreanu: 90+% of penalties issued during poker tournaments should be one warning with no penalty, as the vast majority are honest errors by players.

Matt Savage: So @RealKidPoker 1 out of every 10 penalties are justified? Exactly how would you know this statistic? You do not play 1% of tournaments.

Matt Savage: Attacking @PokerTDA is your new mission now @RealKidPoker? The people that care about poker as much or more than you do are up to the task.

Matt Savage: And before you meet HOF “criteria” @RealKidPoker you better look in the mirror and head back to Doyle’s Room yourself and do work!

Matt Savage: If “Choice Center” teaches you to rant, criticize, and complain about everything you don’t like @RealKidPoker I want NO part of it!

Matt Savage: My advice to you @RealKidPoker is to stick to what you are good at…… Playing poker tournaments! Good Luck in the WSOP POY run bud!

Matt Savage: And BTW @RealKidPoker, the @GlobalPokerIndx race you love and support so much as I do was created by the one and only @AnnieDuke!

Daniel Negreanu: @SavagePoker impressive rant brother! Bravo, get it all out you will feel so much better. Sending you and your family love my friend.

Matt Savage: Thanks @RealKidPoker, your words are powerful & hurtful to many people that care about poker. You have so much influence, use it positively!

-------------

Negreanu apparently backed down, possibly because Savage invoked the Choice Center thing, which made Daniel realize that he's supposed to be all touchy-feely and positive.

Anyway, he was right. Savage was really out of line here.