Thread: *** IMPORTANT *** IP address of this site might change soon due to October 16 hacking

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

*** IMPORTANT *** IP address of this site might change soon due to October 16 hacking

Thanks to the "Welcome to the Anal SEX Forums" spam/hacking attack, I think this site's IP address has been blocked by many e-mail servers.

http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...nal-SEX-Forums

If I verify this to be the case, I will need to get a new IP for this site, which means the site may become unreachable for up to 24 hours.

If this happens, check the PFA Twitter account http://twitter.com/PokerFraudAlert for updates.

I won't make this change until sometime Thursday afternoon, at earliest.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Thanks to the "Welcome to the Anal SEX Forums" spam/hacking attack, I think this site's IP address has been blocked by many e-mail servers.

http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...nal-SEX-Forums

If I verify this to be the case, I will need to get a new IP for this site, which means the site may become unreachable for up to 24 hours.

If this happens, check the PFA Twitter account http://twitter.com/PokerFraudAlert for updates.

I won't make this change until sometime Thursday afternoon, at earliest.

2 cents.

I have had stuff like this happen before and once you are on Gmails spam shitlist you are on everyone's shit list and it is nearly impossible to manually get off. You just have to wait it out and sometimes it will fall off the list and sometimes it will stay on the list even if you are complying with their removal guidelines.

One good solution that has worked for me is to have emailing for the site come from a different IP and domain. So you setup pokerfraudalertsupport.com or whaetver on a different ip and use that to send out user sign up notifications etc.

This way if the main sites ip gets on the shit list it doesnt effect the the whole registration process

As you will find it is highly disruptive and annying to change the ip of a site and this method above helps.
    Last edited by cmoney; 10-24-2013 at 07:51 AM.
    :freelewfather

Load Metric
    It is more likely that your domain name has been identified as a spam site, not your IP. Changing your IP won't help.

I just checked, your domain is listed in 4 commonly used spammer lists. You should spend your effort getting your domain delisted.

http://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx
    Last edited by Deal; 10-24-2013 at 04:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    It is more likely that your domain name has been identified as a spam site, not your IP. Changing your IP won't help.

I just checked, your domain is listed in 4 commonly used spammer lists. You should spend your effort getting your domain delisted.

When you are checking the domains against the blacklist they are check the IP of the domain not the domain itself. All rules to getting off the spam list of the different indexes apply to the IP. I have never seen one that applies these rules to the domain.

For example from the first index on the list:

What are the thresholds for delisting?

The formula SORBS uses for allowing self delisting are fairly complex and are time based. In all cases the formula works out the "minimum time to delist" and this is applied to your IP from the last time spam was received from your host.

Follows are the thresholds and time periods:

For first time listees you must have less than 10 spams recorded and wait a minimum of 48 hours.
    For second time listees you must have less than 50 spams recorded and wait a mimimum of 7 days.
    For third time listees you must have less than 100 spams recorded and wait a minimum of 30 days.
    For forth time listees you must have less than 200 spams recorded and wait a minimum of 183 days (6 months).
    For fifth time listees you must have less than 300 spams recorded and wait a minimum of 365 days (1 year).

The minimum perriod formula is a little more complex than described above and therefore delisting maybe longer based on the number of spams you have sent, however what is described is the minimum period.

If you fall outside of these ranges, you will need to log a support ticket with the SORBS Support Staff and explain why you should be delisted.

If they tied the rules to the domain there would be a shitload more innocent people on the spam list. For example, then a spammer/hacker could just spoof a legit domain name in an email header and that site would automatically go on the blacklist as it wouldnt be checking the ip at which that domain is located.
    :freelewfather

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I used to get a lot of "you got a private message" emails from this forum yet I haven't received any in a while. I decided to check my spam folder and they aren't in there either so I was just curious if this option bet shut off for the moment?

For me it's no big deal whether I received those emails or not but just wanted to report that the emails have stopped coming in for the past few weeks.

Banned
    Load Metric
    cmoney's solution seems the most simple and practical.

Load Metric
    WHOOPS

Load Metric
    Alternate solution;

Why dont we go with the flow and just officially rename the domain analsexalert.com and revert the forum name to what our hacker overlords suggested?

Comments

Hockey Guy: God knows there's enough gay shit on here anyways.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post

When you are checking the domains against the blacklist they are check the IP of the domain not the domain itself. All rules to getting off the spam list of the different indexes apply to the IP. I have never seen one that applies these rules to the domain.

For example from the first index on the list:

What are the thresholds for delisting?

The formula SORBS uses for allowing self delisting are fairly complex and are time based. In all cases the formula works out the "minimum time to delist" and this is applied to your IP from the last time spam was received from your host.

Follows are the thresholds and time periods:

For first time listees you must have less than 10 spams recorded and wait a minimum of 48 hours.
    For second time listees you must have less than 50 spams recorded and wait a mimimum of 7 days.
    For third time listees you must have less than 100 spams recorded and wait a minimum of 30 days.
    For forth time listees you must have less than 200 spams recorded and wait a minimum of 183 days (6 months).
    For fifth time listees you must have less than 300 spams recorded and wait a minimum of 365 days (1 year).

The minimum perriod formula is a little more complex than described above and therefore delisting maybe longer based on the number of spams you have sent, however what is described is the minimum period.

If you fall outside of these ranges, you will need to log a support ticket with the SORBS Support Staff and explain why you should be delisted.

If they tied the rules to the domain there would be a shitload more innocent people on the spam list. For example, then a spammer/hacker could just spoof a legit domain name in an email header and that site would automatically go on the blacklist as it wouldnt be checking the ip at which that domain is located.

And I already tested last night whether it was the domain or the IP.

I sent e-mail using a different server, but had From: field set to an e-mail at pokerfraudalert.com. The mail got through 100% fine.

I then sent the same e-mail using the same From address, but through the current PFA server. Nothing.

So it's the IP.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    And weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee back.

Druff - Site was down maybe an hour at the most. Everything works the same here with no troubles.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    And weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee back.

Druff - Site was down maybe an hour at the most. Everything works the same here with no troubles.

I dunno, I've been grinding madddd Big Sean songs on youtube tonight and didn't notice a down time.

YEA NIGGA AND YOU KNOW BNP FEELIN THAT CLIP THO

Banned
    Load Metric
    ALSO POUR SOME 40 OUT FOR 4D, KID LOST HIS WAY.

RIP

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    ALSO POUR SOME 40 OUT FOR 4D, KID LOST HIS WAY.

RIP
    Doing hours of keyword research, meh.

Name:  doing_science.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  124.1 KB

Glad all went well

Name:  party hard hitler 2.gif
Views: 843
Size:  150.9 KB

Thread Information