Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Druff & Friends Show Thread for 10/22/13 -- $88 FREEROLL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

*** OFFICIAL *** Druff & Friends Show Thread for 10/22/13 -- $88 FREEROLL

Show begins at 7:00pm PDT on Tuesday, October 22, 2013.

You can listen by going to our Radio tab above, or clicking here: http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/radio.php

We need a co-host tonight. Please volunteer if possible!

Call in number: (775) FRAUD-55 or (775) 372-8355. Make sure to show your caller ID, or the phone system will not let you through (you will probably get a busy signal)! You can also call our mountaintop number (an old '70s phone sitting on top of Mt. Charleston) at (702) 430-1808.

You can follow along and interact with us in our live chat room, by clicking the Chat tab near the top of the screen. You need to be logged in and have flash capability on your computer to see the chat.

We have an $88 freeroll tonight!

Freeroll info
    Tournament Location: NoFraud Online Poker Room
    Tournament Date/Time: 7:40pm PDT on 10/22/2013
    Tournament Type: NL Holdem
    Tournament Buyin: FREE - it doesn't even cost you any play chips!
    Tournament Prizes: 1st: $40, 2nd: $25, 3rd: $15, 4th: $8. I will send this to you by PayPal, bank transfer, or check. PM me after you win to claim your prize.

Freeroll money thanks to the generosity of:
    DirtyErnie ($58)
    EdwardTeach ($10)
    simpdog ($20)

There is no tournament password. Go register now! There is no late registration (software doesn't have that option) so register early!

*** IMPORTANT ***

To qualify for the freeroll, you need to have registered on PokerFraudAlert by January 1, 2013.

If you are a lurker and still want to play, you must PM me or e-mail me beforehand and explain how long you've been listening/lurking, and tell me some of your favorite anecdotes from the forum (either here or DD) or the radio show. If you fail to do this before the tournament, or if you send me some generic bullshit like, "I think the show is funny. I like the show", you will NOT qualify for the freeroll, and your prize will be given to the next qualifying finisher. If you were an old-school regular user from NWP/DD who I remember, you will automatically qualify even if you weren't registered by 1/1/2013.

You will also automatically qualify if I remember you from NWP/DD, provided you are not banned from this site.

I am doing this in order to prevent freeroll-hunting leeches from using our site for our freeroll money and then disappearing.

Agenda for tonight:

- "Diamond Flush" investigates Garden City Group, reveals major incompetence

- Why are Ultimate Poker sponsored pros abandoning the site?

- Internet gambling conference took place today in Philadelphia

- Chino Rheem admits that most of the rumors about him are true

- Tom McEvoy elected to Poker Hall of Fame, David Chui snubbed

- Another shooting on the Las Vegas strip

- Plea bargains in Trincher gambling ring case

- Can the Dodgers go all the way in 2014?

- More Caesars fail: Kicked out of partnership for Boston-area gaming due to organized crime connection

- Please suggest other good topics if you don't see them here!

- We take your phone calls at (775) FRAUD-55 or (775) 372-8355

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Why have the following Ultimate Poker Pro's suddenly left the site within the last week (Tom Marchase, Jonathan Little, and Randy Dorfman)?

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DonkCrusher View Post
    Why have the following Ultimate Poker Pro's suddenly left the site within the last week (Tom Marchase, Jonathan Little, and Randy Dorfman)?
    As far as Jonathan Little goes, Detective Sirius already cracked the case! (1:40ish)

Dorfman's reasons are far more interesting. He went on quite an epic rant on Facebook today.

EDIT: Here you go:

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Dorfman
    I did not want to go public on my quitting but basically it was about a startup doing everything possible to fuck up on many levels and upper management not taking the bull by the horn holding people accountable. Everyone in upper management has incredible track record that most would envy but I think theygot swayed with the Politics of getting Legal online poker on a State by State basis and not keeping their eye on the ball.There is still time to right the ship but management needs to quickly start listening to customers ,Pros and take the bull by the horn with certain employees. Some good people work there but some are just spread way too thin and not paying attention to detail at a critical stage in the Company's development . Needless to say, the Software is a total abortion and unacceptable on so many levels. They 100% need a plan B which means acquiring/leasing new software to survive.

I can go on but will save it for proper forum
    Honestly with all the crazy shit Dorfman has said over the last few months, especially regarding UP, I wouldn't be surprised if he simply got canned.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    As far as Jonathan Little goes, Detective Sirius already cracked the case! (1:40ish)

Dorfman's reasons are far more interesting. He went on quite an epic rant on Facebook today.

EDIT: Here you go:

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Dorfman
    I did not want to go public on my quitting but basically it was about a startup doing everything possible to fuck up on many levels and upper management not taking the bull by the horn holding people accountable. Everyone in upper management has incredible track record that most would envy but I think theygot swayed with the Politics of getting Legal online poker on a State by State basis and not keeping their eye on the ball.There is still time to right the ship but management needs to quickly start listening to customers ,Pros and take the bull by the horn with certain employees. Some good people work there but some are just spread way too thin and not paying attention to detail at a critical stage in the Company's development . Needless to say, the Software is a total abortion and unacceptable on so many levels. They 100% need a plan B which means acquiring/leasing new software to survive.

I can go on but will save it for proper forum
    Honestly with all the crazy shit Dorfman has said over the last few months, especially regarding UP, I wouldn't be surprised if he simply got canned.
    I dont understand why they arnt using boss media for there software playnow.com uses it, scrutnised by the BC government and passed. i have never once noticed a problem with the client never crashed and any problems are delt with almost instantly. I once herd in a interview that they were bidding on these projects and were hoping to get involved in the US market. at the end of the day its not stars but it is not bad either there is now software for mac as well which they did not have when they rolled the software out a few years ago.

this is a small article i found on the subject

Boss Media, also referred to as the International Poker Network, is home to strong brand names such as Virgin Poker and Paradise Poker. Boss Media was the first major online poker room to offer tables in multiple currencies, encouraging play from players outside of the U.S. in preparation of the UIGEA passage. Boss Media never fully concentrated on the U.S. market but when the U.S. passes online poker regulations expect Boss Media to apply for licensing in the U.S. - See more at: http://www.bestpokerrooms.com/news/o....Be0NEEeU.dpuf
    Last edited by Baron Von Strucker; 10-22-2013 at 03:42 PM.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Wow, good work Srsly, both with grabbing the Dorfman quote (not sure if you caught it yourself or found on 2p2) and the Little interview.

You really have been asking all of the right questions in your interviews. BLUFF made a great hire bringing you aboard.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DonkCrusher View Post
    pretty sure Dorfman was a big loser overall on the website(UP big but not FTP Guy Laliberte big). saw some videos and screen caps where he made terrible plays and lost decent sized pots

Load Metric
    $20 sent for freeroll from me courtesy of Wormy Mcholerson.

Comments

BUBBLES: donation rep

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    My belief and I could be wrong is that Ultimate Poker brought these pros on board with short term deals (6 months seems about right) and now have realized they aren't succeeding in the way they envisioned. The pros names alone weren't going to bring traffic to the site so keeping them is only costing Ultimate Poker money.

I have no idea what type of contracts each one received but perhaps they were told that a future extension would depend on the success of the company when that time comes which clearly Ultimate Poker has been a fail site whose traffic peaked months ago which for an upstart is horrible.

In my opinion someone like Antonio Esfandiari probably received a much better deal then Randy Dorfman or Jonathan Little just because he is a much bigger name. Ultimate Poker probably don't want to part ways with him because of this and they will likely want to keep someone like Jason Somerville who is doing daily videos playing on Ultimate Poker called "Run it Up" promoting the site better then most of these other pros have done.

Dorfman very well might have been canned otherwise he was offered something so ridiculously bad for a contract extension that he just told Ultimate Poker "No thanks, I'm out"!

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Wow, good work Srsly, both with grabbing the Dorfman quote (not sure if you caught it yourself or found on 2p2) and the Little interview.

You really have been asking all of the right questions in your interviews. BLUFF made a great hire bringing you aboard.
    Thanks man. It always feels great getting feedback like that.

I follow Dorfman on Facebook, because some of his rants are hilarious. The guy has no filter, even when working a job that arguably requires one.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    they will likely want to keep someone like Jason Somerville who is doing daily videos playing on Ultimate Poker called "Run it Up" promoting the site better then most of these other pros have done.
    You could make the argument that Somerville is doing more to promote his site than any pro anywhere. That guy is dedicated and takes his job seriously. I don't really know what value sites typically get out of sponsored pros, and I tend to think they're usually not worth it, but I think UP gets a huge return on their investment with Jason.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    they will likely want to keep someone like Jason Somerville who is doing daily videos playing on Ultimate Poker called "Run it Up" promoting the site better then most of these other pros have done.
    You could make the argument that Somerville is doing more to promote his site than any pro anywhere. That guy is dedicated and takes his job seriously. I don't really know what value sites typically get out of sponsored pros, and I tend to think they're usually not worth it, but I think UP gets a huge return on their investment with Jason.
    I agree because not only is Somerville promoting UP but he is a huge UFC fan as well and discusses what he thinks about fights so he's promoting the entire brand.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Delaware to launch online gambling on October 31st.

http://pokerfuse.com/news/law-and-re...ober-31-22-10/

Tom Marchese also left Ultimate Poker and he was only added to their Team U in September.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Pokerstars in talking deals with New Jersey 7-11 gas stations to allow deposits at them for PokerStars.NJ

PokerStars.It has it where you can do this at businesses like tobacco shops so it makes sense.

Source: Randy Dorfman & others.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Druff - Ultimate Beat Documentary got released a few hours ago. Did you get it yet?

Load Metric
    Delaware to launch online gambling on October 31st.

http://pokerfuse.com/news/law-and-re...ober-31-22-10/
    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 531
Size:  28.7 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Please suggest other good topics if you don't see them here!
    PFA Double Elimination Heads Up Tournament Update:
    Only 12 players remain... (maybe fewer when the show airs!) Updated bracket can be seen at www.challonge.com/pokerfraudalertHU
    All remaining players should be reminded to contact their opponents and play their matches as soon as reasonably possible.
    Besides the two $20 bounties on garrett's two losses (earned by DirtyErnie and BetCheckbet), there's a $460 prizepool up for grabs!

Load Metric
    USCPhildo took a good shot at Dorfman on Twitter

Name:  Philip Collins  USCphildo  on Twitter.png
Views: 456
Size:  12.5 KB

Banned
    Load Metric
    I received a nasty message from Dorfman this morning. Apparently he reads PFA, or someone directed him here. He's very upset that I copy/pasted a Facebook post that is publicly available for everyone (including non-friends) to read.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: fuck that guy in his stupid face rep.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I received a nasty message from Dorfman this morning. Apparently he reads PFA, or someone directed him here. He's very upset that I copy/pasted a Facebook post that is publicly available for everyone (including non-friends) to read.
    He should not be upset. The thing is if you didn't post it another person else easily could have so someone should not say anything to the public that they will be upset about later on and if anyone calls them out on it then they have nobody to blame but themselves.

*giggling*
    Load Metric

maybe you can borrow matt marafioti's bodyguard, you are buddies , arent you?

Thread Information