Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Obamacare site keeps crashing... fears of epic failure in implementation comng true

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post

What's an "Obamacare premium"? That doesn't make any sense.

You mean your private health insurance premium is increasing just like it has every year for the past 30? Why would you expect anything else?
    My best guess from reading the article is that she meant people who have enrolled through the healthcare.gov website. I think that overall the rates would have to go up due to the fact that there aren't as many younger people signing up as they had hoped for. This I think is a growing pain of all insurance companies and is not endemic to the ACA itself.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Kathleen Sebelius says Obamacare premiums will go up nexxt year:

http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/12/se...-up-next-year/

Total shock, amirite?

How has she not been fired yet? Does Obama ever fire anyone?
    What's an "Obamacare premium"? That doesn't make any sense.

You mean your private health insurance premium is increasing just like it has every year for the past 30? Why would you expect anything else?
    My premium went up about 50% under Obamacare, for basically the same coverage.

I've never had an increase like that before.

People are frustrated about further increases in 2015, because many (myself included) already paid substantially increased rates for the same coverage, and we were hoping that we wouldn't be smacked with another large increase in '15.

BTW, while numbers were not provided, I don't think Sebelius would be admitting to this (the rate increases for next year) if they weren't substantial. If it were something like 5%, she wouldn't mention it at all, and give an answer similar to what you just did (that insurance premiums have been steadily rising prior to Obamacare).

Load Metric
    Let it fail on its own Druff. And it will fail. I'm still paying $73 per month btw. Waiting for cancellation to come any day now.

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    Former New Hampshire GOP Chair Saves $1,000 A Month With Obamacare

WASHINGTON -- "The former chair of the New Hampshire Republican Party will save $1,000 a month in premiums for his family's health care package after signing up for a new policy through the Obamacare exchange.

But Fergus Cullen said the savings aren't enough to turn him into a supporter of the new health care law. He said he anticipates higher out-of-pocket costs with his new Anthem-administered plan, and he's frustrated by what he sees as a lack of information about coverage options. His old plan, which was pricey but covered what he needed, was cancelled by his insurer because it didn't meet Obamacare regulations."
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4966955.html

A couple of comments on the story:

Mary B. (mini_art)
    Actually if you click on the chosen program it will take to pages that do tell you what drugs are covered and complete details of the plans. He didn't look very hard.

So he is complaining he cant just pick certain things to insure ? Well why cant I just pick certain programs for my cable tv?? They wont allow that either, His old insurance was not ala carte either. He is fishing for something to gripe about.

James M. L. (jmlambion)
    He was happy with a plan that covered catastrophe while paying out of pocket for other medical needs. Now he unhappy that he pays $1000 less for a plan that includes annual exams and preventive care so catastrophe can be avoided or mitigated, while still providing a max out of pocket limit in the event catastrophe occurs.

Is it any wonder that the Federal debt sky rockets when the GOP is in charge?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    ROFL. How painful

Sebelius speechless...really speechless.

I guess that's what happens when you are literally out of sugar to try and coat it with.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    ROFL. How painful

Sebelius speechless...really speechless.

I guess that's what happens when you are literally out of sugar to try and coat it with.

Equates to a Frank Underwood brain fart.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Obamacare has been an abject failure. You basically re-arranged the entire healthcare system to take care of 4 million people with pre-existing conditions. The much simpler thing would have been mandating everyone's premiums go up 5% to absorb those with pre-existing conditions.

But not Obama. He is simply too smart, so he and his demoncrat cronies passed a fucking pile of shit nobody wants. Or at least 65% of the people do not want. There are always 35% of the people that want free shit because they are simply too fucked up to do anything else other that to extend their hand.

The great thing is this will collapse completely very soon. Everyone agrees the numbers don't work and its been a socialized piece of shit from day 1. The beauty is Obama's second term has basically been rendered impotent. Even Putin shows him no respect.

The wonderful thing in all Of Obama's term, is that the fabulously wealthy, Wall Street, has flourished under his free money policies. They have made a ton of money while the poor have gotten much poorer and the middle class is worse off now than 10 years ago. Without a doubt, Obama has made the very wealthy more wealthy, and the poor much poorer. That cannot be disputed.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by bukowski72 View Post

WASHINGTON -- "The former chair of the New Hampshire Republican Party will save $1,000 a month in premiums for his family's health care package after signing up for a new policy through the Obamacare exchange.

But Fergus Cullen said the savings aren't enough to turn him into a supporter of the new health care law. He said he anticipates higher out-of-pocket costs with his new Anthem-administered plan, and he's frustrated by what he sees as a lack of information about coverage options. His old plan, which was pricey but covered what he needed, was cancelled by his insurer because it didn't meet Obamacare regulations."

Mary B. (mini_art)
    Actually if you click on the chosen program it will take to pages that do tell you what drugs are covered and complete details of the plans. He didn't look very hard.

So he is complaining he cant just pick certain things to insure ? Well why cant I just pick certain programs for my cable tv?? They wont allow that either, His old insurance was not ala carte either. He is fishing for something to gripe about.

James M. L. (jmlambion)
    He was happy with a plan that covered catastrophe while paying out of pocket for other medical needs. Now he unhappy that he pays $1000 less for a plan that includes annual exams and preventive care so catastrophe can be avoided or mitigated, while still providing a max out of pocket limit in the event catastrophe occurs.

This guy is probably an idiot, but perhaps we aren't getting the whole story here.

Like perhaps one of his family members had a pre-existing condition and it caused his price to skyrocket under the previous plan. Or perhaps he was just an idiot and chose poorly in the past when it came to plans, costing himself a lot of money. I actually have personally known a lot of people who paid FAR more than they should have in health insurance premiums, simply because they were really bad at price shopping or even understanding what they were paying for.

But I really hate stories like these, as they paint a false picture that Obamacare has lowered the overall healthcare cost for those buying indivdiual plans, when in fact it's the opposite.

Being a super-Jew, I am actually really good at price-shopping as you might expect. I had no choice but to see my premiums rise 50% for basically the same coverage. This is despite the fact that I am over 40, so you can't even put me in the group of the "young invincibles" needed to make Obamacare work.

The bottom line is that most people having to purchase their own insurance got screwed by Obamacare.

It did help some of the working poor, as well as those with pre-existing conditions. But the vast majority of people are paying far more for the same coverage, and many can't really afford the additional expense. Premiums are expected to sharply rise in 2015, as well.

To show you what a bureaucratic mess this Obamacare is, I'm required to purchase "pediatric dental care" as a SEPARATE PLAN for $5.36/month. That might sound okay if you think my 3-year-old son can use it. That might sound okay if you think I can use it. But no. Only I can use the "pediatric dental care", but at the same time I can't use it because I'm over 18. So I am literally being forced to purchase a product I am not allowed to use. In addition, my insurer was forced to send me a thick book with all of my "benefits" that I'm not allowed to use, thus wasting a lot of money on postage. That's idiot government at its finest.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I was looking into this shit but the plan I pay for is still way better and about the same price is what Obamacare wants to charge me. With a similar plan my yearly deductible would be like 4x as much if the worst things were to happen to me,etc... It's mind boggling how a website is failing so badly and the people on the telephone number are using the same slow ass system to register people for health care.

The traffic pumped out of sites like google, yahoo, facebook,etc. is way more then this shit and those sites rarely are ever down. I could understand the first few weeks of this healthcare website having a rush of people but come on they should have fixed that shit and definitely been prepared for a bunch of last minute people.

My plan has gone up too because of extra stuff they require an insurer to include in the plan that most of it I would never even have to use. They keep saying it's the last day but I keep hearing for people who tried to access the site and weren't able to this will be extended but I'm keeping my regular plan over any of the shit being offered in this LOLbamacare marketplace

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    I was looking into this shit but the plan I pay for is still way better and about the same price is what Obamacare wants to charge me. With a similar plan my yearly deductible would be like 4x as much if the worst things were to happen to me,etc... It's mind boggling how a website is failing so badly and the people on the telephone number are using the same slow ass system to register people for health care.

The traffic pumped out of sites like google, yahoo, facebook,etc. is way more then this shit and those sites rarely are ever down. I could understand the first few weeks of this healthcare website having a rush of people but come on they should have fixed that shit and definitely been prepared for a bunch of last minute people.

My plan has gone up too because of extra stuff they require an insurer to include in the plan that most of it I would never even have to use. They keep saying it's the last day but I keep hearing for people who tried to access the site and weren't able to this will be extended but I'm keeping my regular plan over any of the shit being offered in this LOLbamacare marketplace
    Oh come now, you should go for your free pap smear just to fuck with them.

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    Ted Cruz’s Obamacare Facebook Poll Totally Backfires on Him
    by Matt Wilstein | 3:33 pm, March 31st, 2014

"Last Monday, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) posted a “quick poll” on his Facebook page asking his followers if they are “better off” now than before the Affordable Care Act passed four years earlier. A week later with the Obamacare sign-up deadline upon us, the unscientific results and in and they likely aren’t what Cruz was expecting.

Cruz neglected to use Facebook’s official poll feature, instead asking people to comment with a simple “YES” or “NO.” After seven days, the post has accumulated more than 47,000 comments with a startling number of people answering in the affirmative. The way Facebook works, the comments with the most “Likes” rise to the top of the post. As you can see by viewing the comments on the post below, every single one of the most-liked comments answers a resounding “Yes” to Cruz’s question."

http://www.mediaite.com/online/ted-c...kfires-on-him/

Load Metric
    Ted Cruz’s Obamacare Facebook Poll Totally Backfires on Him
    by Matt Wilstein | 3:33 pm, March 31st, 2014

"Last Monday, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) posted a “quick poll” on his Facebook page asking his followers if they are “better off” now than before the Affordable Care Act passed four years earlier. A week later with the Obamacare sign-up deadline upon us, the unscientific results and in and they likely aren’t what Cruz was expecting.

Cruz neglected to use Facebook’s official poll feature, instead asking people to comment with a simple “YES” or “NO.” After seven days, the post has accumulated more than 47,000 comments with a startling number of people answering in the affirmative. The way Facebook works, the comments with the most “Likes” rise to the top of the post. As you can see by viewing the comments on the post below, every single one of the most-liked comments answers a resounding “Yes” to Cruz’s question."

http://www.mediaite.com/online/ted-c...kfires-on-him/

Activism and astroturf, most likely. Still funny as hell.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    the obamacare premiums aren't bad, until the subsidies go away.
    obamacare is affordable, unless you get sick...$13k for a family deductible seems pretty unaffordable to the middle class.
    $500 or 20% coinsurance for an ER visit is also pretty meh.

i figured the prices would be substantially less.

I thought there were 30 million uninsured, so why only 6 million signups? and how many signups are people who got kicked off their plan to begin with?

the idea of obamacare is good, the implementation is garbage.

Bronze
    Load Metric

Load Metric

Mary B. (mini_art)

James M. L. (jmlambion)

This guy is probably an idiot, but perhaps we aren't getting the whole story here.

Like perhaps one of his family members had a pre-existing condition and it caused his price to skyrocket under the previous plan. Or perhaps he was just an idiot and chose poorly in the past when it came to plans, costing himself a lot of money. I actually have personally known a lot of people who paid FAR more than they should have in health insurance premiums, simply because they were really bad at price shopping or even understanding what they were paying for.

But I really hate stories like these, as they paint a false picture that Obamacare has lowered the overall healthcare cost for those buying indivdiual plans, when in fact it's the opposite.

Being a super-Jew, I am actually really good at price-shopping as you might expect. I had no choice but to see my premiums rise 50% for basically the same coverage. This is despite the fact that I am over 40, so you can't even put me in the group of the "young invincibles" needed to make Obamacare work.

The bottom line is that most people having to purchase their own insurance got screwed by Obamacare.

It did help some of the working poor, as well as those with pre-existing conditions. But the vast majority of people are paying far more for the same coverage, and many can't really afford the additional expense. Premiums are expected to sharply rise in 2015, as well.

To show you what a bureaucratic mess this Obamacare is, I'm required to purchase "pediatric dental care" as a SEPARATE PLAN for $5.36/month. That might sound okay if you think my 3-year-old son can use it. That might sound okay if you think I can use it. But no. Only I can use the "pediatric dental care", but at the same time I can't use it because I'm over 18. So I am literally being forced to purchase a product I am not allowed to use. In addition, my insurer was forced to send me a thick book with all of my "benefits" that I'm not allowed to use, thus wasting a lot of money on postage. That's idiot government at its finest.
    I just got my April bill from Aetna. Still $73. You hate this.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    How are you able to stay on your Aetna plan? Was it grandfathered?

Load Metric
    How are you able to stay on your Aetna plan? Was it grandfathered?
    No idea. I changed insurance to them in November and they haven't cancelled me yet.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm definitely jealous since I have a PPO plan from Aetna which I am paying around $250 a month. It's one of the better PPO plans you can get so that might be why and probably is way more then I need considering my age and health but I've just continued to pay for it over the years.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Kathleen Sebelius is finally resigning.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...ius-resigning/

This should have happened a long time ago, or Obama should have fired her.

Unfortunately, Obama is so obsessed with a "team" atmosphere that he is afraid to fire anyone.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Sebelius, having served five years with the president, was among the longest-serving Cabinet secretaries in the administration.

But Sebelius' relationship with the White House frayed during last fall's rollout of the insurance exchanges that are at the center of the sweeping overhaul. The president and his top advisers said they were frustrated by what they considered to be a lack of information from HHS over the extent of the website troubles.
    Exactly.

Obama was left with his pants down on this one, which is why I'm surprised that even a "team" guy like him didn't fire her.

HHS had a failsite, and instead of warning the White House about it, they just let it stay that way and hoped it would all work itself out.

Thread Information