Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you fake being disabled to skip lines at Disneyland? That won't work anymore...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Do you fake being disabled to skip lines at Disneyland? That won't work anymore...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/23/travel...ges/index.html

Disney finally retracted their stupid policy of allowing the "disabled" to skip lines, and has implemented a new system where disabled people don't have to physically wait on line, but instead are given a ticket telling them to come back at a certain time, based upon the estimated wait time. So they wait as long as everyone else.

I'm not sure if they could take advantage of this by going to several rides and collecting these "return" tickets, but perhaps it only lets them use one at a time.

Anyway, I applaud them for this.

A large percentage of "disabled" people at Disneyland are simply faking it in order to skip the lines. Usually one person fakes being disabled, and someone else in the party pushes them around in a wheelchair.

I wouldn't mind if people with actual (major) disabilities could skip the lines, but once it became a situation where it got abused, something had to be done.

Disneyland claims they can't ask for proof of the person's disability, because that would be violating medical privacy laws.

Load Metric
    Unbelievable that this is a real problem. It's amazing what humans will resort to.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Do they sell passes to skip lines there?

I went to a halloween park last week and I paid 60 vs 35 per ticket to skip the lines and get into the haunted houses. Was WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL worth the extra 25 IMO

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

I went to a halloween park last week and I paid 60 vs 35 per ticket to skip the lines and get into the haunted houses. Was WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL worth the extra 25 IMO
    I cant stand lines no matter where it is. I would pay 4-5 times the amount not to stand in a line for more than 5 mins

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I actually think they should sell passes to skip lines.

Airlines have the equivalent with first class, so why not Disneyland?

It's a much better system than having people fake being disabled and paying the same as everyone else.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    People who cheat suck but when the policy in place is exploitable then some will continue to do it and while I won't personally I can't blame some folks that do because it's allowed within the rules.

With that said I'm glad that Disneyland is changing their views/policy in this spot.

Load Metric

Is this Six Flags NE or somewhere else? I'm thinking of going to one as its been like 5 years.

Load Metric
    But what about my fibromyalgia?

Disneyland > ss admininstration

Load Metric
    I'm all for it being ok if you spot someone who is not disabled that you can then disable that person without legal consequence.

Load Metric
    I'm glad they made this change. People were abusing it terribly. They still have the 'make-a-wish' passes which allow line jumping but those are no longer issued at the park. They are only available through head office. They were also being abused in the local parks with attendants selling them.

I know a group of parents that would apply for and receive those disability passes for their children that have diabetes. Their rational was that their kids have it rough enough and so they deserve this treatment. Buy them a fucking fastpass if you want to convenience your child, don't do it on my dime. I found the practice appalling and let them know it.

This current age of self entitlement is a cancer on society.

The worst offenders are those douchbag short men driving gas guzzlers that have paid for a handicap license so they can park in handicap spots. I feel like keying their car after watching them jump out and rush away.

Comments

BetCheckBet: Vast majority of childhood diabetes has nothing to do with diet
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    I'm a big advocate of queue-jumping (I'm an expert at it) but definitely not of pretending to be disabled.

The amazing thing from my point of view is not that people do it, as there's always going to be one inbred motherf****r, but that so many people did it that it got to the stage where they had to do something about it.

At my work half the staff use the disabled toilet as there are no disabled people in the workforce, and its cleaner and more spacious, but that's different lol. Glad oul' Ken Scalir isn't about the place to use it right enough!!
    BALLIN'!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasJim View Post

Is this Six Flags NE or somewhere else? I'm thinking of going to one as its been like 5 years.
    I went to Spookyworld in Litchfield NH.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Sebastion IS GOD

Banned
    Load Metric
    Last time I was at Disney World they had an express lane, just as china described it as an additional fee. I've never been to Disney Land though but I'm assuming they'd have the same thing.

Load Metric
    Last time I went to Disney world they had "fast pass". This is the exact same thing, it's not extra. You basically get a ticket and come back three hours later to skip line. Thing is tho you still had to wait like 10-20 minutes, depending on how many other people got the fast passes around that time.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyt View Post
    Last time I went to Disney world they had "fast pass". This is the exact same thing, it's not extra. You basically get a ticket and come back three hours later to skip line. Thing is tho you still had to wait like 10-20 minutes, depending on how many other people got the fast passes around that time.
    More or less this.

I believe they do 3 fast passes a day.

They are also rolling out an additional 3 if you stay at a Disney property.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I actually think they should sell passes to skip lines.

Airlines have the equivalent with first class, so why not Disneyland?

It's a much better system than having people fake being disabled and paying the same as everyone else.
    They do. Last time I was there I stayed at one of their partner hotels, it got you a pass to enter through the exit and never have to wait in line. You do feel a bit like a dick, but you get to finish the park in like 4 hours. It also works at island of adventures.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    El Gallo, how are you skipping lines?

I don't see a way to do this anymore, except for the Fastpass, which is different.

The only other thing I see is their bullshit "VIP tours" which cost $315 an hour (LOL):

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/eve...tour-services/

You can bring 10 people on the "tour" and skip lines that way, but even with 10 people it still breaks out to a ridiculous $35/hr. And you still have to pay admission to the park above that!

Load Metric
    A friend did the VIP tour thing with three families, total cost was $1k for the day. They skipped all lines, which sounded great, especially split three ways. Except I don't want my kids thinking life is like that so I have held off going. On one hand turn your kids into entitled brats, on the other hand they get to watch Dad go crazy all day waiting in lines.... not sure which is worse. perhaps that VIP pass is the way to go. I think ill hold off some more.

Thread Information