Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Have to Admit, I'm Not Sure Why I Did This but.... Seattle Here I Come.

Load Metric

I Have to Admit, I'm Not Sure Why I Did This but.... Seattle Here I Come.

Apparently I'm going to Seattle for a Seahawks game against the Bucs on Nov 3rd. I got good tickets @ good price on Ticketmaster: Section CHR109 Row I right on the 50 yard line. They were asking almost double for tickets right beside these & my first thought was it's too good to be true but it was on Ticketmaster's website so I went with it.

I was out for lunch when the discussion turned to if we were going to do anything in the next couple months. I'm just in the midst of a stretch where I'm working 8 out of 10(6 of the next 8) weeks & we were trying to decide whether we were going to do something in late November after this stretch is over.

We discussed Vegas & the fact we're already going next April & if we wanted to go in the meantime to unwind. I kiboshed that because, although I like Vegas, there were other places I'd never been & don't really consider Vegas as a place to unwind. I kinda had my heart set on going to Columbus(we have friends there) & taking in a hockey game or 2 & my hometown team happens to be there at the time. We didn't really want to impose on them & the subject turned to other sports vacations & the fact we've never been to an NFL game & the fact that we're going to a CFL game on Saturday. Seattle wasn't really on my radar, San Francisco was, until my wife mentioned it & we decided that I should do some research & come up with a plan.

Well, within 40 minutes I had bought the Seahawks tickets, booked flights on Alaska Airlines & am now actively looking for accommodations & other things to do for the first week in Nov. & not Dec. after this stretch of work as we had discussed. Any thoughts on hotels & activities for Oct 31st - Nov 4th would be appreciated BTW. I informed my wife what I had already done & her reaction was:

Looking forward to the NFL & especially the Seahawks experience, leaving the game early & watching a miraculous Seahawk comeback from the hotel lounge.

BTW what the fuck is tailgating? I have a lot to learn in the next month lol.

Comments

gut: Tony will meet you at the bar at 4:00 left in the 4th quarter :p

hotshott74: Nice... Hit up the bars early and after, enjoy! Awesome atmosphere and stadium.

zealanddonk: Interesting thread
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I'm so glad that my fail continues to be a source of amusement and content for you fine folks.

Comments

ftpjesus: Dont hear me beating a dead horse Tony but then again I know better. The crowd loves shitting on me any chance they get.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    I'm so glad that my fail continues to be a source of amusement and content for you fine folks.
    i must have missed it, can you elaborate?

Banned
    Load Metric
    Sounds like fun

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    i must have missed it, can you elaborate?
    I'm such a good friend that I just bumped the original post for you even though I'll end up eating a new bowl of shit for it.

Load Metric
    We kid 'cause we love.

I was going to contact you & see if you had any tips on getting good tickets but I saw these & couldn't pass on them. They might be too close.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    BTW, I've booked at Homewood Suites just to make sure I had something & I'm Hilton Gold so:

http://homewoodsuites3.hilton.com/en...PEMHWResconfEN

I'll keep looking for something else maybe closer to downtown but at least I know I have something. It is also close to the water which is a plus I think.

Do I need to rent a car or is it easy enough to get around?
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric
    If one is going to make an impulsive decision regarding travel, you could do a lot worse than Seattle. Of course being Canadian, your wife was probably thinking sun and sand rather than football and Seattle in November.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    If one is going to make an impulsive decision regarding travel, you could do a lot worse than Seattle. Of course being Canadian, your wife was probably thinking sun and sand rather than football and Seattle in November.
    It, Seattle, was actually her idea. She never thinks about sun & sand as I've been trying to get her to go to Mexico or Cuba for ages. We also have a friend who owns 6 houses right on the beach near Merida, Mexico & a standing invitation to come down anytime but she just doesn't want to.

Comments

BCR: That's cool then. Is she albino, or just has pure Canuck blood pumping through her veins? Most girls love sun over Seattle. Choosing a football vacation over the beach means you've got a keeper.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    It, Seattle, was actually her idea. She never thinks about sun & sand as I've been trying to get her to go to Mexico or Cuba for ages. We also have a friend who owns 6 houses right on the beach near Merida, Mexico & a standing invitation to come down anytime but she just doesn't want to.
    She probably doesn't want to be kidnapped
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I went to Seattle once like 8 years ago. I thought it was a fucking myth that is rains there all the time. I was there Thursday - Sunday and its not a myth. I did not see the sun the entire time I was there.

I believe Dungeness Crab comes from those parts. I like it chilled.

The best thing that ever came out of Seattle was that movie on Mt St Helens. That was interesting.

Load Metric
    Enjoy the game and tailgating. You will want to go to more football games in the future.

Show up well before gametime with some beers and befriend some local pro-tailgaters.

And a pro move would be to buy a Seahawks jersey so you fit in.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Enjoy the game and tailgating. You will want to go to more football games in the future.

Show up well before gametime with some beers and befriend some local pro-tailgaters.

And a pro move would be to buy a Seahawks jersey so you fit in.
    Yeah, we've talked about the need to be decked out in Seahawks gear. We're thinking one of us in Oilers hockey colors as an ice breaker/conversation piece, & one in Seahawks gear. Does this sound like a good plan?

If a guy wears Seahawk gear & brings beers to the tailgating will that help us befriend the locals & get invited to their pre-game BBQ/party?

Also I'll be using transit(hopefully rail) from the downtown core to the stadium so do they care if I bring a cooler/case of beer on it?
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Load Metric
    Bring a bucket of chicken, a box of donuts, and Canadian beer. You will be welcome at any tailgate.

Do you not tailgate the CFL games out West? Pretty sure even the melonheads tailgate when it's -20 out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    BTW, I've booked at Homewood Suites just to make sure I had something & I'm Hilton Gold so:

http://homewoodsuites3.hilton.com/en...PEMHWResconfEN

I'll keep looking for something else maybe closer to downtown but at least I know I have something. It is also close to the water which is a plus I think.

Do I need to rent a car or is it easy enough to get around?
    Seattle has a massive transit system--no need for a car. Check this out:
    http://metro.kingcounty.gov/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    Bring a bucket of chicken, a box of donuts, and Canadian beer. You will be welcome at any tailgate.

Do you not tailgate the CFL games out West? Pretty sure even the melonheads tailgate when it's -20 out.
    I have to admit I've never tailgated. I've led a sheltered life, I know.

I definitely want to take Alexander Keith's if I can find it down there.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post

I have to admit I've never tailgated. I've led a sheltered life, I know.

I definitely want to take Alexander Keith's if I can find it down there.
    I have never seen one down of the CFL. I hear they have a wider field and three downs. I also have never seen one down of Arena football either. Not judging, just stating these rogue leagues never catch on

Comments

Deal: CFL has been around since 1958

Load Metric
    I cancelled my reservation @ Homewood Suites & am now booked @ my first choice, the Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown, after finding a smokin' deal on hotels.com:

http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hot...THX/index.html

It looks to be right in the heart of the action & an easy to navigate transit ride to the game so no need for a car. I've had such good luck @ Hamptons & always get upgraded & on top of that I saved about $170 so I will most likely be able to afford to eat while I'm there. Win-win.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I cancelled my reservation @ Homewood Suites & am now booked @ my first choice, the Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown, after finding a smokin' deal on hotels.com:

It looks to be right in the heart of the action & an easy to navigate transit ride to the game so no need for a car. I've had such good luck @ Hamptons & always get upgraded & on top of that I saved about $170 so I will most likely be able to afford to eat while I'm there. Win-win.
    I have stayed at a Homewood Suites. Its one of those rooms than has a full kitchen that makes a ton of noise because your bed is right nearby. Place sucks.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post

I have stayed at a Homewood Suites. Its one of those rooms than has a full kitchen that makes a ton of noise because your bed is right nearby. Place sucks.
    Very surprised to hear this. I always thought a man with 200k banked only stayed at the Ritz or Four Seasons. Must have been prior to your massive success in life.

Comments

PLOL: troll on troll violence. A+

Thread Information