Thread: Druff, was your invite lost in the mail?

Load Metric

Druff, was your invite lost in the mail?

I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Is this that Joy Miller?

I wonder if JoyMillersMeatCurtains was invited.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I feel terrible to hear about this.

I feel worse for the guy who accidentally impregnated her, and now feels stuck marrying her for the kid's sake.

I'm sure she seeked out the TV station for this story. Joy loves to play victim in public.

She said she was crying for 2 days straight about this. I wonder if she cried for a then-unknown Terrence Chan when she cheated him out of a WSOP Main Event seat.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I feel worse for the guy who accidentally impregnated her, and now feels stuck marrying her for the kid's sake.
    Maybe Doyle will let them use his ranch in Montana

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    In case anyone doesn't know, here is the initial reason I came to hate Joy, though she gave me many more reasons in subsequent years.

This was a post I made in 2011 on DD about a situation from 2009:

In April, 2007, Terrence Chan played a charity tournament at the Playboy mansion. Joy Miller was in charge. The top two finishers would get a WSOP Main Event Seat, while everyone else got nothing. I won't go into details, but the entire tournament turned into a clusterfuck, and Terrence Chan was basically cheated out of his seat.

He tried to bring this to Joy Miller's attention, and she took it personally, and attacked him. She also threatened his future poker career -- at least as far as becoming a media-covered player:

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Miller
    I am here with the people at CardPlayer, at PokerPages, at [other media outlets], so good luck with your career.
    http://terrencechan.livejournal.com/164489.html

I read about this on 2+2 at the time, and brought it to NWP's attention. I never got personally involved in the situation. I am not friends with Terrence Chan, and in fact barely know him. I made a single post here about the matter, strongly disagreeing with Joy's actions. I was not insulting or demeaning in any way.

Shortly thereafter, Joy found out about my post. She decided then and there that she hated me. Pretty extreme reaction, but it's her right to feel the way she wants. That wasn't my problem. I didn't really care what Joy Miller thought of me.

Fast forward to WSOP 2009 (two years later). Micon was doing those ESPN360 broadcasts of a few WSOP events, and it looked really fun. I wanted in on the action! The job didn't pay at all and was unlikely to get me anything of value in the future, but I enjoy poker and enjoy broadcasting, so I really wanted to do it.

Micon and I went to the ESPN studio at the Rio, and we talked to Nick Geber. You might remember him as the British guy who did a lot of the ESPN360 broadcasts that year. Micon mentioned that I had a bracelet in limit hold 'em and was comfortable on the radio. Nick than asked me if I wanted to do the broadcast for the $10k Limit Hold 'em WSOP event. I told him that I was very interested, and Nick said, "Great! You have the job. I'll be in touch when it comes closer." I told him that the only thing preventing me from broadcasting the final table would be if I made it there myself. I told him I'd contact him during the event and let him know how things are going. The situation was set, and barring a final table appearance, I was on schedule to be the broadcaster for that event.

I busted on Day 1 of that event, so my availability wasn't an issue. I contacted Nick, let him know, and he told me that I was definitely still on for doing the broadcast two days later.

That night, a friend of mine was at a party with Joy Miller. I didn't realize this, but Joy Miller was the one who was placed in charge of the ESPN360 broadcasts. She was above Nick Geber in the hierarchy there. My friend said to Joy, "I hear that Todd is doing the ESPN360 Limit Hold 'Em broadcast. I'm glad that you two got past what happened with the Terrence Chan thing."

"He's not doing the broadcast!", snapped Joy. "He's never doing any broadcast. Not while I'm in charge. I hate that guy. There is absolutely no way he's ever announcing on ESPN360 under my watch."

My friend tried to defend me, stating that NWP is all about forum drama, and that I didn't mean any harm with the Terrence Chan post.

"I don't care!", she barked back. "I don't like him. He's not doing it. End of story."

When this was reported back to me, I was furious.

If Joy wanted to hold a grudge for over 2 years because I agreed that she screwed over Terrence Chan, that's one thing. However, she was using her job to exact revenge upon me for that post. She didn't seem to have any doubts that I could perform well on the broadcast. Instead, she had a personal dislike for me, and was using her "power" at ESPN to keep me out of the position.

I called Micon, who I knew was friends with Joy, and asked him what I should do. Part of me wanted to blow up the story on NWP. Part of me wanted to see if I could resolve it peacefully. Micon asked me to hold back with posting it, and he would talk to Joy about it himself. I agreed to that.

Micon called Joy, and she flat out lied to him.

"Terrence Chan? He thinks this is about that little thing? I barely remember that!", she told him in a very insincere tone of voice. "No, I just don't think Todd would be very good on the broadcast. I don't think he's really cut out for the job."

Notice that this was a complete departure from what she told my friend the night before.

Micon tried to talk me up. "No, Todd is great on the radio. We do a show every week. A lot of people really enjoy it. He also has a limit hold 'em bracelet and knows a whole lot about the game's strategy. You should really listen to our radio show sometime, and you'll see that he's perfect for the announcing job for that event."

Joy calmly told Micon that she would take a listen, and would get back to him. She promised that none of this was about a personal grudge, and if indeed I appeared to be comfortable on the radio, she would definitely give the OK to make me the announcer.

Before I go on, keep in mind that I was the only one to ever be under such scrutiny. Nick Geber typically selected the announcers for the ESPN360 broadcasts, and Joy was pretty much hands-off as far as that was concerned. She only got involved this time because of her personal dislike for me.

Anyway, the next day passed, and Joy didn't call Micon. She also didn't call me. Micon left her messages, but she didn't return them. The final table was scheduled for 3pm the next day. It was now about 3am -- about 12 hours from the final table -- and neither of us had heard anything. All texts and voicemail messages from Micon were unanswered by Joy. I told Micon that I was fed up with letting him be polite with her. It was clear to me that Joy just told Micon what he wanted to hear in order to get him off the phone, and was just ignoring him until after the event.

I wanted to post the whole story on NWP, but Micon gave me one more suggestion....

"Send her a really nice text," he said. "Show her that you're a friendly party. Show her that you bear her no ill will, and I bet she'll respond."

So that's what I did. I sent a really nice, polite text message, indicating that I really was looking forward to the ESPN broadcast, and that I hoped she had a chance to listen to me on the radio. I told her to feel free to contact me with any questions. I finished with something like, "Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks. -Todd"

I mentioned nothing about Terrence Chan in the text, or anything else unpleasant from the distant or recent past. I kept it light and upbeat, just as Micon suggested.

I got nothing.

She didn't say, "Sure, come on down at 3pm, we'd love to have you!"

She didn't say, "Sorry, we decided to go in a different direction with the announcer."

She didn't say anything. She ignored that text.

I was convinced that I wasn't going to be doing the broadcast, so I played poker until 10am and didn't get to sleep until about noon. I still didn't hear anything from Joy or anyone else at ESPN. Needless to say, it was clear that I wasn't going to be doing the broadcast in 3 hours.

I hit the sheets, and was jarred awake by my phone ringing. I looked at the clock, and it was 2pm. I answered in a tired voice, "Hello?"

"Hi, Todd. It's Nick Geber. Would you like to come down and do the ESPN360 broadcast?"

Say what?!

Do they usually call their announcers with an hour's notice?

I told him, "Yeah. I just woke up from your call. I didn't expect you guys would call me for this, since it's like an hour away, but I'll be there."

"Splendid," he replied. "See you soon."

I figured that Joy had a last-minute change of heart. Maybe she finally came around and realized that I didn't mean any real harm to her with the Terrence Chan post in 2007. Maybe she realized she was being lame and petty about the whole thing. Maybe she realized that she shouldn't let her personal feelings get in the way of decisions at her job. Regardless, she was doing the right thing -- albeit a bit late -- and I was happy to go down and do the broadcast.

I expected Nick Geber to be the announcer and I would be the color commentator, as was common with most of the broadcasts that year. Instead, Nick wasn't broadcasting. He was there, but an Asian guy (I forget his name) was doing the announcing, and I was the color commentator. Seemed a bit odd, but Nick explained that he was "taking a break" for one episode.

The broadcast went well, and was generally well-received by the nerds on 2+2. Even the haters came around to like me, as I was actively reading 2+2 and NWP while broadcasting, and answering people's questions and comments (including the bad ones) in between hands.

Near the end of the broadcast, I was making small talk with my partner. I asked him if they also called him at the last minute.

"Oh, no, that's not how it happened for me," he said. "I was supposed to be in your seat. Joy Miller asked me to be the color commentator, and I agreed. Then I got here and found out it was limit hold 'em. And I said, 'Limit? I don't know that game! I can't do color commentating on that!' Joy kept insisting that I do it, but I told her that I wasn't going to make a fool of myself on TV and analyze a game I don't know very well. I said that I would announce, but they'd have to find a guy who knows limit hold 'em to do the color commentating."

I asked what time that happened.

"It was about 2pm," he said. "We were really in trouble. We didn't have anyone to do it. Lucky they were able to reach you!"

Aha! So that's what happened! Joy was indeed completely blowing us off and asked someone else to take my place, only to find out at the 11th hour that the guy couldn't do it! At that point, she had no choice but to call me, or she would look horrible to ESPN for not having a color commentator!

I later heard from an inside source that it was Nick Geber who insisted that Joy call me at that point, and that she angrily told him to find someone else. When he pointed out the time, she finally shouted, "I'm not talking to that guy! I hate that we're stuck with him. You make the call. I refuse to speak to him."

Shortly after the broadcast, Joy had the nerve to brag that she "did Micon a favor" by "letting" me broadcast on ESPN360. You know, as opposed to me doing ESPN a favor by getting out of bed with 90 minutes of sleep when Joy's covert attempt to replace me didn't pan out. Had I known this at the time I got the call, I would have left her in the lurch and told her bosses why they ended up with no color commentator.

Anyway, this delusional bitch believes to this day that she "did me a favor" by having Nick call me an hour before the broadcast.

And all of this happened because of one post on NWP that I made about her and Terrence Chan.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This was one of several instances where Joy used her job to punish people she disliked.

She also did it to Dan Bilzerian (that one didn't work out very well for her, as he went public with it), as well as David Sklansky.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Name:  03-10-2013 23-24-27.png
Views: 776
Size:  88.9 KB
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    Gross, she needs a membership to fluffer boot camp.
    Last edited by Deal; 10-03-2013 at 03:01 PM. Reason: It looks like she is just pounding her dick with her fist
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    Did we settle on halfrican being an appropriate term?
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric

Bronze
    Load Metric
    looks like the mother got jacked up by a nig who quickly fled the scene of the crime

Load Metric
    One thought stood out for me after watching that "woe-is-me" video clip...and it is where were all her out-of-town wedding guests going to stay even if Yosemite was open for the wedding?? She mentions how she can't afford to put people in hotels...where the hell were they going to stay in the first place??

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Does Joy still work in the poker industry? Also, what is her connection to Micon?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    One thought stood out for me after watching that "woe-is-me" video clip...and it is where were all her out-of-town wedding guests going to stay even if Yosemite was open for the wedding?? She mentions how she can't afford to put people in hotels...where the hell were they going to stay in the first place??
    I believe she was trying to say that guests with reservations at hotels inside the park will not be able to stay there.

But nonetheless, you raise a good point.

I doubt she was paying for these people to stay at the now-closed hotels, and certainly they got their money back. So why can't these people just stay in a hotel right outside the park? There are actually plenty of them to the south, in the Fresno area.

I think she just threw the hotel crap in because she wanted to embellish the whole story. She's not exactly known for her truthful and accurate portrayal of situations.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I don't believe she works in poker anymore. I don't think she works at all anymore, in fact.

I think her last poker-related job was with BLUFF, and they did not bring her back in 2011. I believe that everyone was sick of her by then. She made a lot of enemies and pissed a lot of people off.

I don't even know why anyone ever liked her in the first place. I found her to be abrasive and obnoxious from the very first time I met her.

She was originally friends with the whole Joe Sebok crowd, which included Rick Fuller, Bryan Devonshire, Tiffany Michelle, Brandon Cantu, and various others. I don't know if she is still close with any of those people.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Just got word that Joy tried to worm her way back into BLUFF during the 2013 WSOP, but was...

Basically the story went something like she saw a job she wanted, but it was already filled. She allegedly wrote an e-mail to that guy's boss, criticizing him and making up all kinds of lies. Then, of course, she finished by saying she could do the job much better.

Everyone had a good laugh and she was told that there weren't any openings.

Fortunately BLUFF avoided making a major

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Is this that Joy Miller?

I wonder if JoyMillersMeatCurtains was invited.

I feel terrible to hear about this.

I'm sure she seeked out the TV station for this story. Joy loves to play victim in public.

She said she was crying for 2 days straight about this. I wonder if she cried for a then-unknown Terrence Chan when she cheated him out of a WSOP Main Event seat.

This was one of several instances where Joy used her job to punish people she disliked.

She also did it to Dan Bilzerian (that one didn't work out very well for her, as he went public with it), as well as David Sklansky.

Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    Gross, she needs a membership to fluffer boot camp.

Quote Originally Posted by drufdajewgod View Post
    looks like the mother got jacked up by a nig who quickly fled the scene of the crime

Just got word that Joy tried to worm her way back into BLUFF during the 2013 WSOP, but was...

Basically the story went something like she saw a job she wanted, but it was already filled. She allegedly wrote an e-mail to that guy's boss, criticizing him and making up all kinds of lies. Then, of course, she finished by saying she could do the job much better.

Everyone had a good laugh and she was told that there weren't any openings.

Fortunately BLUFF avoided making a major

Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Thread Information