Thread: What Would Druff Do?

Load Metric

What Would Druff Do?

I was on another forum I frequent & came across a thread kinda about customer service & thought "I didn't know Druff posted here also".
    In all seriousness, I'm pretty sure Druff wouldn't even agree with this guys position although I could be wrong.

What do you guys think? I'd start a poll as to "what would druff do" but I have no idea how to.

I went out to a bar and my friend had ordered a cocktail, after receiving the third drink she was discussing something and her hand gesture pushed out the glass and it fell all over the table. The drink was full and the waitress asked if she would like another one and the friend said yes.

A long story short we were with other friends and ordered a bunch of drinks that night but when the bill came she was charged for 4 drinks instead of 3, I could of swore they wouldn't have charged her. So in this scenario couldn't the waitress just not charge her? Would it be any different than ordering a drink and then taking it back because you don't like it?

If I was the waitress I would of just replaced it without charging, it's about wanting to keep the customer coming back right?
    Here's a link to the thread in question:
    http://forums.redflagdeals.com/spill...k-bar-1388799/

I can't believe this guy is serious but it appears he is.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Druff would make sure that waitress never worked again so long as she lived.

Most places measure and count all alcohol and staff are charged for overpours, so for that reason the decision is out of the waitresses hands. She is just doing as the establishment owner is forcing her to do which is to charge for every once poured.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    Druff would ask for clarification on the question. If the recount is accurate, the waitress was sloppy with her language in a way that could be misconstrued. There is no incentive for her to want to add the charge on, as the courteous gesture would reap a greater tip, but she should have phrased the question more accurately and apologized for the practice of the business. Druff wouldn't expect them to pay for his mistake, but if offered, he's way too sharp not to delve into the context of the offer.

October 89', a drunk 19 year old is shitfaced and gets into a car accident. He wanders into an all black inner city bar. The bartender says, "you okay man, you look shook up, you want a coke before the cops come?" The youth gladly accepts, as he's looking for anything to take the edge of his boozy breath. After he drinks his watered down well Coke, the bartender says, " that will be $20." Sometimes you're in no position to argue, and the context of the question doesn't matter. The pro move would have been to order 5 shots, publicly pound then down, and argue the intoxication occurred after the accident, but the youth didn't know what he didn't know back then.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Does druff abstain from alcohol completely?

He would argue over a charged spilled drink until he exhausts himself to sleep. Then wake up and call the better business bureau to get somebody fired.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    There's a whole industry around when goods are deemed to have passed from seller to buyer, and where the ownership of the risk lies. For example see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incoterms

In this case it is less clear, and the problem is made worse as the incident occurs just at the moment when most people would say the risk is transferred, i.e once the waitress puts the drink on the table. If a random person knocks the drink out of the waitresses hand as she walks across the bar - should you pay for it?

Another factor is if you have paid already. If you haven't paid, you have a stronger position to "reject the goods", by just amending the bill.

In this situation it comes down to personalities. The Druff personality will make a stink and probably not pay. A more timid soul will be paying twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    I was on another forum I frequent & came across a thread kinda about customer service & thought "I didn't know Druff posted here also".
    In all seriousness, I'm pretty sure Druff wouldn't even agree with this guys position although I could be wrong.

What do you guys think? I'd start a poll as to "what would druff do" but I have no idea how to.

I went out to a bar and my friend had ordered a cocktail, after receiving the third drink she was discussing something and her hand gesture pushed out the glass and it fell all over the table. The drink was full and the waitress asked if she would like another one and the friend said yes.

A long story short we were with other friends and ordered a bunch of drinks that night but when the bill came she was charged for 4 drinks instead of 3, I could of swore they wouldn't have charged her. So in this scenario couldn't the waitress just not charge her? Would it be any different than ordering a drink and then taking it back because you don't like it?

If I was the waitress I would of just replaced it without charging, it's about wanting to keep the customer coming back right?
    Here's a link to the thread in question:
    http://forums.redflagdeals.com/spill...k-bar-1388799/

I can't believe this guy is serious but it appears he is.
    Obv pay for the drink then slap around girlfriend/wife when you get home. In all seriousness, why should the business provide a free drink when the customer spilled it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I can't believe anyone here would believe I would ever argue to get a free drink when one of my own friends spilled it.

When have I ever advocated a business paying for my own mistake (or even one of my friends' mistakes)?

My attitude about all customer service issues:

- If the business fucks up, it is their responsibility to make it right, and it is correct customer service practice to give something extra to the customer if he is substantially inconvenienced.

- If the customer fucks up, or someone in his party fucks up, it's on him. The business owes him nothing.

So in this spot:

- You spill your drink: Tough shit. You don't get it replaced for free.

- Your friend spills your drink: Tough shit. You don't get it replaced for free. If your friend is a decent guy, he will buy your replacement drink.

- Random, unrelated customer spills your drink: If it's totally not your fault (such as the customer walking by and accidentally slapping your drink off your table), either the business should cover it for good will, or the guy who knocked it down should cover it. The business does not have a legal obligation to replace it here, but it's good customer service practice to do so, rather than force the other customer to pay for it.

- Bar employee spills your drink: They have to replace it, both legally and morally.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BTW, if there were a lot of drinks consumed overall, as the manager of the bar, I would comp that one spilled drink, just for good will. While the spill definitely was NOT the bar's fault, it would be a nice thing to do for good customers who spent a lot of money, since NOBODY ended up drinking it, and the bar already made plenty of money from that particular group.

As I said, this isn't something the customer can expect, but I think it's the right customer service move, provided the customer did spent a lot of money on other drinks.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Depending on how stingy the business is a lot of times they will just eat the drink to keep people satisfied and hopefully coming back in the near future. It's also in best interest of the waitress if the drink is only like $6 or whatever to find a way to comp it for free because the customers might think of her better when it's time to tip.

With that said, if the place is stingy or whatever it was that spilled was pricey then if it was a customers fault I don't think the business is entitled to replace it though many will do it anyways.

If someone wonders when they order the replacement drink if the bill was charged for another for this particular situation then they should ask prior to getting the bill just so they aren't surprised and can work out who should pay for it.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW, if there were a lot of drinks consumed overall, as the manager of the bar, I would comp that one spilled drink, just for good will. While the spill definitely was NOT the bar's fault, it would be a nice thing to do for good customers who spent a lot of money, since NOBODY ended up drinking it, and the bar already made plenty of money from that particular group.

As I said, this isn't something the customer can expect, but I think it's the right customer service move, provided the customer did spent a lot of money on other drinks.
    I can't believe this is a question some "expert" need reply. If you're in business you make sure your customer is satisfied at the very least. A group of drinkers will spend a fair buck on a night out. If the waiter/waitress isn't smart enough to realize this (tip motivation) they won't last long at their job. This would be a no brainier for the bar owner

Thread Information