Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: colin kaepernick....this black and white cookie is shitting the bed

Load Metric
    Considering the season Eli had this season I probably look a little foolish saying I would take him over Kap though. That's the guy I would single out and say "WTF are you thinking?". Only reason I would consider him over Kap is because of the two Superbowl rings, but he definitely took a lot of steps back this season.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post
    Vegas, seriously? You would take Foles and Cutler over Kap? I don't know a single fucking Bears fan that would take Cutler over Kap. As a matter of fact every Bears fan I know woul be jizzing their fucking pants if they could snatch up Kap right now.
    I would definitely take Foles, he has everything I want in a QB. He's intelligent, accurate, somewhat mobile, strong arm and doesn't make mistakes. These are the attributes of a HOF QB. He is only going to get better.

Cutler on the other hand I can understand not picking over Kap, he is prone to make game changing mistakes and does seem to fold under pressure a bit. However, at this point I do feel he is a better all around QB. The only reason Bears fans would jump on the chance to get Kap is because he has a much larger upside over Cutler down the road, but at this stage if we are talking about a QB to lead you through just next season I would probably stick with Cutler. It's close though for sure.
    Same thing with Eli and Cutler, they both seemed to be a model of regression. Foles I can understand I guess, at least stats wise he had a solid year. The thing with Kap though is he is still young and I think all of his cons can be turned around, let's see how hard he works in the off-season to correct his mistakes. Hell, if I were a Bears fan I would still take Kap over Cutler through next season because I think he will just do much better.

The other one that had me scratching my head was Big Ben. I think he is just past his prime, maybe the Steelers are in the post season conversation for the next couple of years but I think they will mainly be there to motivate other teams to win and not in a "control their own destiny" manner.

The rest of your list is basically the cream of the crop so I can't argue too much there, although Drew Brees I might leave out just because his actual production has been lower than the expectations for him. Obviously it can be debated though.

Load Metric

I would definitely take Foles, he has everything I want in a QB. He's intelligent, accurate, somewhat mobile, strong arm and doesn't make mistakes. These are the attributes of a HOF QB. He is only going to get better.

Cutler on the other hand I can understand not picking over Kap, he is prone to make game changing mistakes and does seem to fold under pressure a bit. However, at this point I do feel he is a better all around QB. The only reason Bears fans would jump on the chance to get Kap is because he has a much larger upside over Cutler down the road, but at this stage if we are talking about a QB to lead you through just next season I would probably stick with Cutler. It's close though for sure.
    Same thing with Eli and Cutler, they both seemed to be a model of regression. Foles I can understand I guess, at least stats wise he had a solid year. The thing with Kap though is he is still young and I think all of his cons can be turned around, let's see how hard he works in the off-season to correct his mistakes. Hell, if I were a Bears fan I would still take Kap over Cutler through next season because I think he will just do much better.

The other one that had me scratching my head was Big Ben. I think he is just past his prime, maybe the Steelers are in the post season conversation for the next couple of years but I think they will mainly be there to motivate other teams to win and not in a "control their own destiny" manner.

The rest of your list is basically the cream of the crop so I can't argue too much there, although Drew Brees I might leave out just because his actual production has been lower than the expectations for him. Obviously it can be debated though.
    Big Ben is definitely on the downside of his career, but he is still in a different class than Kap. Knock out the first 4 games of this season where the Steelers had no offensive line or run game and they are a legit contender to win another Superbowl, even with their old D. They had one of the best second halves of any team this season. I will take Big Ben for another 3-4 years over Kap at this point.

Load Metric

Big Ben is definitely on the downside of his career, but he is still in a different class than Kap. Knock out the first 4 games of this season where the Steelers had no offensive line or run game and they are a legit contender to win another Superbowl, even with their old D. They had one of the best second halves of any team this season. I will take Big Ben for another 3-4 years over Kap at this point.
    Yeah I give them props on their second half but still, I don't see big Ben being a force to reckon with for the next 3-4 years. I could be wrong though.

Load Metric
    The other one that had me scratching my head was Big Ben. I think he is just past his prime
    Ben had a really good year this year all things considered. Pouncey went down the first week, his OL didn't come together until the end of the season, the Steelers lost Wallace to Miami. Leveon Bell was out until the last 6 games or so. The Steelers defense wasn't nearly as good and he was forced to try and do everything early. Once Bell came back and gave them a little running game and a guy who could catch out of the backfield, they were much better, and he was looking really good. He still lengthens plays and finds guys downfield that only a handful of QB's could. He's only 31 coming up on 32. Getting older, but like 13 months older than Cutler and maybe 18 months older than Rodgers. He's got a good 4-6 years left at a high level.

That's the thing about Kap. He's almost 1-2 years older than most of the guys he is being compared to. He'll turn 27 during the season next year. He's a full year older than Wilson who played all 4 years in college.

The ages of the young guns.

11/87 kap
    5/89 Newton
    11/88 Wilson
    2/90 rg3
    1/89 Foles

That has to be a consideration when you're looking at the future of a guy who runs a lot. I like Kap, and find him in the middle of where Mulva thinks he is, and where JimmyG thinks he is. I prefer him to Cutler on Vegas list, Foles is too early to tell. He's good, but he isn't rg3'S age when you look at his development. In age, he's more similar to Bradford born 5 days after Kap yet drafted a year earlier. He would have been one of the older guys in the 2010 draft, let alone the '11 draft. Ben is as close in age to Rodgers and Cutler that Kap is to Newton and Wilson who were drafted in the same year.

Comments

nunbeater: good analysis

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    black and white cookies bring the hits.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Colin Kaepernick Reportedly Wished Russell Wilson Well After NFC Championship

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...c-championship

#49ers Colin Kaepernick to #Seahawks Russell Wilson postgame: "Hey, good luck to you. Go get yourself a ring, baby."
    — Matt Maiocco (@MaioccoCSN) January 23, 2014

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    Kap is hella overrated. Sure he can run, but he has terrible awareness and can't make some of the most basic throws (i.e., a ten yard pass that isn't a laser). Also, he tried his best to kill my fantasy team earlier this year by sucking (literally had to waive him for alex smith).

QBs i would rather have if i was an NFL GM:
    Peyton Manning
    Drew Brees
    Tom Brady
    Aaron Rodgers
    Russell Wilson
    Cam Newton
    Matt Ryan
    Nick Foles
    RG III (seriously)
    Andrew Luck
    Philip bolo tie noodle arm Rivers

QBs i would have to flip a coin to decide whether id rather have than Kap
    Matt Stafford
    Jay Cutler
    Alex Smith
    Ben Rapelberger
    Ryan Tannehill

QBs i know for sure id rather have Kap than
    Andy Dalton
    Any qb with the vikings, the browns, the jags, the titans, the rams, the texans (though if case keenum could read a blitz then i might change my mind), and the raiders.
    Carson Palmer
    Joe Flacco
    Mike Glennon (see case keenum)

Im just gonna go ahead and pretend romo, vick, and eli dont exist because i dont want to make jimmy's head explode.

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    Also mulva totally has rent in jimmy's head and he also won this thread

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post

What does ninth in passing stats mean? Did you just pick the friendliest stat and call it "passing stats". I've never heard of such a ranking.

Also yes he has a good regular season record. What was the offenses ppg? Bet it wasn't top half of the league.

Defense carried the 9ers again this year.

You want to base it on regular season win percentages? Shit, you better re sign alex smith. Look at those numbers!

Have you been talking to GMs? Are you telling me the GMs are saying they'd rather have Kaep than Luck or Wilson? I'd even be surprised if they liked him more than RG3.

You're just blinded by love. Its ok.

Nobody is saying he was a bad pick. Nobody is saying hes awful. He's just not elite. Not even close.

Like I said in the other thread hes a healthy Michael Vick. Except he has a wicked defense. Calling him a healthy Michael Vick is a stretch too. Donovan McNabb went to five NFC championships in a very impressive amount of time. He was never considered elite.

Get over it. Yes I'm sure GMs agree Kaep is the best option for the 9ers at this point. Because who the fuck else would be.

And yea hes probably ready for a big payday. And I'll call it right here. It'll end up being a disaster. Worse than what flaccos contract appears to be.

Kaep will get seriously hurt in the next two years. Bump this when he does.

You're a homer. I get it. It would be like me arguing why nick foles is an elite qb. "Omg hes number one in passing stats and had a higher qb rating than Peyton. He must be elite bla bla bla"

No, I'm just realistic. Hes not an elite qb and neither is Kaep.

Seeya next year

Oh, and END THREAD

You already looked like a fool w/your gore statement, now just the defense did it???? fng clown.

If you want to keep looking like a fool and say the guy who led them to the SB, then got w/in one play of the Sb again, sucks, keep writing,
    Makes a lot of sense.

I can't argue w.pure nonsense, so I'll just put you on the Mulva plan.
    They were also a play away from the Super Bowl the year before he became a starter. Anyone that's trying to argue that the 49er's defense isn't the heart and soul of that team is bat shit crazy. Ya he had a good first half running the ball but he also only had 35 yards passing. They had all the momentum at the beginning of that game and if he was an average NFL passer they would have built a bigger lead. Reality is that you could plug in several average QBs in the NFL and the 49ers would have had similar success the last two years, Alex Smith included.

Comments

rum dick: this

Serial Fail: Alex Smith would have won a Super Bowl with San Fran

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rum dick View Post
    Also mulva totally has rent in jimmy's head and he also won this thread
    he lost this thread the second he hit send, I understand that as PFA trolls, most of you wouldn't get that, but ask any NFL GM, and you will see. Believe me, I'm a 49er fan, if he sucked I'd be the loudest one on here.

The stats don't lie, the W-L doesn't lie. I don't care about changing your opinion, and I certainly don';t care about yours.
    Seriously, if he won the super bowl , you clowns would say something like "its only 1"

He brings something you can't see in a box score and it is sad that you guys don't see it.
    All you guys must live in areas w/ a real high threshold for a successful QB, I only live in SF, 5 time Superbowl champions, and home to Joe Montana and Steve Young.

I just keep spitting out facts, you trolls keep spitting out opinions.

I'll have an intelligent convo w/anyone, to say it was all Defense, or "he sucks", simply isn't one.

Name:  kap d.JPG
Views: 187
Size:  47.3 KB
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

You already looked like a fool w/your gore statement, now just the defense did it???? fng clown.

If you want to keep looking like a fool and say the guy who led them to the SB, then got w/in one play of the Sb again, sucks, keep writing,
    Makes a lot of sense.

I can't argue w.pure nonsense, so I'll just put you on the Mulva plan.
    They were also a play away from the Super Bowl the year before he became a starter. Anyone that's trying to argue that the 49er's defense isn't the heart and soul of that team is bat shit crazy. Ya he had a good first half running the ball but he also only had 35 yards passing. They had all the momentum at the beginning of that game and if he was an average NFL passer they would have built a bigger lead. Reality is that you could plug in several average QBs in the NFL and the 49ers would have had similar success the last two years, Alex Smith included.
    OMG Alex smith?????? Even the radio hosts would hang up on you.

we've hit the official stupidest post on the thread, (only because you are trying to bring facts, at least the other posts are 100 % opinions.)

you guys are too into Fantasy sports, to get it.
    I only care about winning.
    moron we were up 10-3 when he "only had 35 yards passing",

I'll side w/Jim Harbaugh, he is a bit more accomplished than Mulva in his football career.
    Last edited by JimmyG_415; 01-25-2014 at 02:06 PM.

Load Metric
    Look at Alex Smith's regular season record. He also almost had the 49ers in a few superbowls.

I don't think anyone is really saying KAEP sucks. I think(at least me personally) I am saying he's not ELITE.

You keep insinuating he is an elite QB.

Yes, he will get a huge contract. Will it fail? Probably IMO, just IMO, not yours. Lots of QBs have huge contracts. That doesn't make them elite.

You keep saying he went to two NFC Championships, but Alex Smith basically accomplished the same things he has(minus the running stats)

Your team would be a playoff team with about 15-20 QBs in this league. He just happened to get drafted and play there. The Niners needed to blame someone for them not winning a SB, and Alex Smith was the perfect scapegoat. KAEP has not done THAT MUCH BETTER.

It would honestly be a really good debate as to whether or not the Niners would've been just as good with Alex Smith this year as KAEP. If you don't think that's debatable than YOU are the one who isn't worth arguing with.

You keep citing NFL GM's as if you and bottomset have them all on speed dial. You have no clue.

I've said this a few times already, of course they are going to covet KAEP. He's not bad, he's just not elite. He has the possibility of becoming elite, but it won't happen with his legs. IMO those legs will just get him killed in the long run, turning it into a short run. He needs to become a better/smarter player, and he has a shot. He clearly has the athleticism.

Nothing else to really say in this thread.

Mulva is clearly trolling when he says he's horrible, and you're clearly just a homer when you say he's ELITE.

END THREAD

Comments

Sanlmar: Got your back brah
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    Weiss: What does ninth in passing stats mean? Did you just pick the friendliest stat and call it "passing stats". I've never heard of such a ranking.

Well it has been around for 30 years +, guess it shows where your football knowledge is.

Name:  kap final #'s.JPG
Views: 171
Size:  174.2 KB

Load Metric
    Passer rating.

Look who's number 1. Is he elite?

Also KAEP's completion % is bottom tier of the league.

Not gonna say that's awful, but it definitely could use a huge improvement, ie: decision making
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    Look at Alex Smith's regular season record.

Mulva is clearly trolling when he says he's horrible, and you're clearly just a homer when you say he's ELITE.

END THREAD
    (Unless Druff overrides me)
    You have no say as to when this thread ends. So stop acting like you have some power to do so.

I KEEP W/ the facts you guys keep w/ the opinions.

# 1 here is the Alex Smith Era, Great WL record

Name:  Alex Smith record.JPG
Views: 168
Size:  30.2 KB

# 2 this thread is 100 % about if Kap sucks or not, or in reality if the 49ers "shit the bed " when picking him in the 2nd round.

I get that it has evolved to I lose if he isn't the best QB in NFL history,
    but I never said he was elite,

Load Metric
    Ok, so just going on the Qbs rated under him just based on QB rating alone, also assuming that this Qb would join the already amazing DEF of the niners and reliable running game, also assuming 100% health. You can honesly say you'd have KAEP over the following? Also basing this on this season that just passed and next season.

Matt Ryan
    Cam Newtown
    Tom Brady
    Andrew Luck
    Matt Stafford

Leaving out questionable ones like
    Jay Cutler
    Alex Smith
    Andy Dalton
    RG3
    Eli Manning

There are 5 right there behind KAEP in passer rating this year that I think would've been better than him. Another five would have a great shot at having a better outcome as well

Load Metric

What exactly are looking for from me?
    You actually expect me to say this was a shitty season for him or the 49ers?
    Go back through all my posts and find where I used the word elite (another BS term), or that he can't improve

But only 2 teams did better, and 28 did worse. And I'll take that.

Name another QB who in his 2 years starting, ( or 2 in his first 3 seasons overall) got them to the Super Bowl, and final four. If there is one other I'd be surprised. I guarantee it is a short list.

If you agree w/Mulva, what you are saying is the 49ers made a shitty pick when they picked him in the 2nd round END OF STORY, you can't keep changing his OP, its there in B+W, 49ers shit the bed picking him.

This thread is a joke, if you read his post, and not turn this into a "he isn't the best QB ever" you'd see Mulva was wrong when he kept his job throughout the season.
    Relax bro, all I was talking about was him reading D's and going through his progressions, and whether or not I think he is a top 10 QB. Read my last sentence again, I clearly stated I don't think he sucks like Mulva said.

Also, try to answer this truthfully... Do you really think San Fran would have gotten this far the last 2 seasons without the stellar D and offensive line they have? Every QB on that list I made above would have taken them this far as well IMO, and some would have gone further. I'm not saying San Fran made a mistake drafting him and giving him the starting job, all I'm saying is there is a lot of room for improvement with this guy, and arguing for however many pages over this like you have is kind of silly.

I'll agree w/that silly remark, but, You guys keep firing silly opinions at me,
    I'll keep firing silly stats back to prove he is not a shitty 2nd round pick.

That is all I'm trying to say, the stats that I provide obviously prove I'm so right that you just take it as though I'm making a case for him to get in the HOF.

The 49ers win w/Kaepernick and will continue to do so.

Any NFL team, (even philly) would take what he has given to the 49ers from a 2nd rounder.

Load Metric
    We would rather have Foles in the third round

Load Metric
    Ok, so just going on the Qbs rated under him just based on QB rating alone, also assuming that this Qb would join the already amazing DEF of the niners and reliable running game, also assuming 100% health. You can honesly say you'd have KAEP over the following? Also basing this on this season that just passed and next season.

Matt Ryan
    Cam Newtown
    Tom Brady
    Andrew Luck
    Matt Stafford

Leaving out questionable ones like
    Jay Cutler
    Alex Smith
    Andy Dalton
    RG3
    Eli Manning

There are 5 right there behind KAEP in passer rating this year that I think would've been better than him. Another five would have a great shot at having a better outcome as well
    See here you go putting words in my mouth again, when did i say i wouldn't trade him for anyone EVER.

Again this post has gotten to far away from the Op.

If you want an intelligent response from me,
    All posts have to read;
    I agree w/Mulva that 49ers made a bad decision in picking Kaepernick w/ their 2nd round pick because _______________

If you can't start your post w/that sentence, then
    you agree w/me and not Mulva, and needless to say you will be ignored.

Thread Information