Thread: Twitter has reshaped communication

Load Metric

Twitter has reshaped communication

I'm not one of those little girls that goes nuts when their favorite boy band responds to a tweet, but it is amazing what Twitter has done as far as communication. I started thinking about it during the UFC tonight how I can just blast out a thought through the internet to someone famous whom I've never met and they will respond(in this case Matt Hughes). Then I started to think about the ill fated Iron Man podcast last year where I managed to get 3 WSOP Main Event winners as well as numerous other famous people to come on the show solely through Twitter messages. Normal people have never had the access to celebrities, athletes, and politicians that we do today.

Feel free to post any interesting interactions here. I like to see the "famous" or really interesting people interacting with us regular folks. I'll start it off.

Name:  Twitter - Interactions.png
Views: 357
Size:  28.9 KB

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Twitter is great, but it sucks.

Load Metric
    PLOL retweeted me once.
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Banned
    Load Metric

Comments

Belly Buster: For following ashton kutcher

Deal: BB is being too hard on our celebrity SS

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I hate to burst the bubble of those that get Twitter responses from celebrities, but sometimes they have others manning their Twitter accounts.

In fact, this is true for all social media. One example is George Takei. He has a huge Facebook following because he is always posting funny jokes, links, or other interesting content. People loved this because they felt these were coming off-the-cuff from a celebrity surfing the web like they do, rather than a professional comedy writer or publicist.

.... Except they weren't. It turns out that George Takei has a social media ghostwriter.

The problem is it's impossible to tell. Celebrities are real people, too, so it's believable that they could be tweeting just like the rest of us, and retweeting things they like just like we all do. But there's so much bullshit in the Hollywood media machine, you just never know what's real.

I think in many cases the Twitter accounts for celebrities are shared -- accessed by the actual celebrity sometimes, accessed by their publicists other times.

Comments

BetCheckBet: once again druff the voice of reason

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I hate to burst the bubble of those that get Twitter responses from celebrities, but sometimes they have others manning their Twitter accounts.

In fact, this is true for all social media. One example is George Takei. He has a huge Facebook following because he is always posting funny jokes, links, or other interesting content. People loved this because they felt these were coming off-the-cuff from a celebrity surfing the web like they do, rather than a professional comedy writer or publicist.

.... Except they weren't. It turns out that George Takei has a social media ghostwriter.

The problem is it's impossible to tell. Celebrities are real people, too, so it's believable that they could be tweeting just like the rest of us, and retweeting things they like just like we all do. But there's so much bullshit in the Hollywood media machine, you just never know what's real.

I think in many cases the Twitter accounts for celebrities are shared -- accessed by the actual celebrity sometimes, accessed by their publicists other times.
    Correct. Hard to say if Matt Hughes has a ghost writer by my guess would be yes (eg. GSP admitted his twitter is mostly someone else). Easiest way to tell is by how pc the tweets are.

Load Metric
    You are not getting my dm's from Edward James Olmos.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Druff I thought you did your own tweet's??

Load Metric
    Dammit, not only was Druff right, the government shutdown is affecting Michelle Obama's ability to use a free service.

Name:  FLOTUS (FLOTUS) on Twitter.png
Views: 100
Size:  378.6 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    Dammit, not only was Druff right, the government shutdown is affecting Michelle Obama's ability to use a free service.

Name:  FLOTUS (FLOTUS) on Twitter.png
Views: 100
Size:  378.6 KB
    I would put the first lady into the category of non-essential staff.

Load Metric
    But who's going to remind me to drink more water in her Twitter absence?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    But who's going to remind me to drink more water in her Twitter absence?
    Drink more beer.

Problem solved
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Thread Information