Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: documentaries

Platinum
    Load Metric
    A new Iraq War documentary from Al Jazeera, pretty solid.
    Richard Perle's not aging very well imo. Many insiders fr Joe Wilson to Ahmed Chalabi. What Chalabi said was pretty stunning, to think nobody went to prison for lying us into this expensive never ending quagmire smh.

Full length in link.
    http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/...082649899.html

At 45:40 Chalabi reveals there's a plot calling for his marginalization and reveals the treason by Bush and his cabal, ten hours later he is found dead of an apparent heart attack.

Even tho Israel and Bibi are strangely absent from this documentary it's still 9.7 / 10 imo. Only 47 min. long.
    Many of these same people are now trying to lie us in to war w Iran or worse.
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 02-09-2017 at 04:20 AM.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Sour grapes on Netflix was decent

Load Metric
    Just saw "Requiem for the American Dream". Sadly, Chomsky nails it. (Cliffs: Dear average Americans: The corporate ownership interests are robbing you of your future prosperity, all with your propagandized compliance. Enjoy scrambling amongst yourselves for the economic scraps.)

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    One of the best I've seen

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2167393/

Load Metric
    while maintenance is being performed on a Titan II missile the 1st stage fuel tank is punctured. Damasacus, Arkansas 1980. missile explodes in it's silo.

Comments

Tellafriend: where did it go?
    “I believe the simplest explanation is, there is no God. No one created the universe and no one directs our fate. This leads me to a profound realization that there probably is no heaven and no afterlife either. We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe and for that, I am extremely grateful.”
    Stephen Hawking

Load Metric
    Name:  MV5BMjM4MTY2Mjg2N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDYwNDQ0MDI@._V1_UY268_CR2,0,182,268_AL_.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  21.1 KB

This was not good.

Comments

GringoStar: I actually thought it was decent.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Always enjoy thought provoking programs. Watched this a few weeks back on Amazon and just noticed it's on youtube also.

Tis about universe/god/cern/science/etc.)

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Defiant Ones about Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine and their partnership is good. Im 3/4 way through.

HOF cast of interviewees including Springsteen, Bono, Tom Petty, Stevie Nicks, Snoop, Puff Daddy, DOC etc.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Hunting the KGB killers. Putin sent his goons over to murder the former KGB officer Alexander Litvinenko in London. Who was a British citizen when killed.

It was a huge story which sent our relations with Russia from cordial to basically falling off a cliff... They still haven't recovered to this day.

Scotland Yard officers who led the investigation talk about it in really interesting detail. Including an ill fated trip to Moscow to interview the main suspects.

You may already know how he was killed. But the method of the assassination was worse than the murder itself. A loaded message sent from Putin.

The man is pure gangster.

(Not sure where you find it but I know it was shown on ABC a month or so back)
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    Anybody seen HyperNormalisation?

It's lengthy so sorta needs to be worth it.

Here's the preview and whole documentary.

http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Platinum
    Load Metric

Banned
    Load Metric
    If this was mentioned before sorry but I was banned.

Ken Burns BACK with a doc about the vietnam war.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Just finished Ken Burn's Vietnam. Very well done.

Also, stumbled upon this accidentally this weekend. Kind of a fascinating, compelling and a sad measure of society's influence on us and our influence on others. It's not long and leaves you really thinking, about....everything.

(For more about the backstory on Christian Weston Chandler, see: https://sonichu.com/cwcki/Christian_Weston_Chandler.)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Openfold View Post
    Just finished Ken Burn's Vietnam. Very well done.

Also, stumbled upon this accidentally this weekend. Kind of a fascinating, compelling and a sad measure of society's influence on us and our influence on others. It's not long and leaves you really thinking, about....everything.

(For more about the backstory on Christian Weston Chandler, see: https://sonichu.com/cwcki/Christian_Weston_Chandler.)
    Fixed for iPhone readers.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

FBI takes down silk road with a google search.......nice.........you nerds are playing GREAT........
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    Just saw "Jim & Andy: The Great Beyond" on Netflix. Excellent. And peels back a bit of the crazy onion that is Jim Carrey.

Load Metric
    lol mumbles

An Actual Female
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Just saw "Jim & Andy: The Great Beyond" on Netflix. Excellent. And peels back a bit of the crazy onion that is Jim Carrey.

My review is in the Netflix thread. It was eh.

Load Metric

I DVRed this on Nov 11, was on Animal Planet. Thot would watch on a lazy Sunday one day. Watched last night and was excellent. Fascinating Grizzly behavior. The filmmakers are fucking nuts with balls of steel. One of the top nature programs I have ever seen. They have a full episode on youtube but isnt the show I saw. Have to watch the BBC episodes.

Thread Information