Page 218 of 225 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222 ... LastLast
Results 4,341 to 4,360 of 4486

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Post dumb/random things thread

Gold
    Load Metric
    It could be argued that the basic arithmetic showing wind power is an economic and societal disaster in the making should be clear to a bright primary school child. Now the Oxford University mathematician and physicist, researcher at CERN and Fellow of Keble College, Emeritus Professor Wade Allison has done the sums. The U.K. is facing the likelihood of a failure in the electricity supply, he concludes.

“Wind power fails on every count,” he says, adding that governments are ignoring “overwhelming evidence” of the inadequacies of wind power, “and resorting to bluster rather than reasoned analysis”.

RichardBrodiesCombover has aids

Load Metric

Comments

devidee: Jesus Christ. Imagine having to live with that yapping broad.

Gold
    Load Metric
    California Man Arrested 10 Times In 31 Days, Faces 33 Charges

Name:  id5163484-Chastain-Courtesy-of-Clovis-Police-Department-700x420.png
Views: 354
Size:  132.8 KB

Keith Chastain’s first arrest was on Feb. 19, and his tenth was on March 21. He was booked by Clovis police six times and other agencies four times.

Chastain, 38, faces 18 felonies and 15 misdemeanors. Charges include six stolen vehicles, vandalism, DUI, possession of a controlled substance, fraud, and more, according to authorities.

“I don’t know what is happening in his life to cause him to steal so many people’s vehicles and property. It’s sad; I hope he gets some help,” Clovis Police Corporal Meredith Alexander told KMPH Fox 26.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Family outraged as woman gets home detention for killing man who hadn’t showered

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/family...POSONFZIXA3BE/

Another day, another violent Maori psychopath getting a soft sentence. Happens every day. 15% of the population. 51% of violent crime. LOL.

Earlier that day, his daughter-in-law and caregiver Stella Inia Maru, 26, had pushed him into a glass ranch slider.

It was the final act in a sustained assault by Maru on the frail and arthritic cancer patient over about 20 minutes.

She punched him in the head, threw a dining room chair into his back, verbally abused him, choked him with both hands and pushed him out of his chair.

Maru, pregnant at the time, became irate when she arrived home to find Rangiwai hadn’t showered. She ignored pleas to stop from young people at the house.

When he returned his father was on the ground in a critical condition but was still able to communicate what happened.

Maru told ambulance staff she pushed Rangiwai. However, at hospital, she and her partner agreed they should lie about what happened and also get the others who witnessed the assault to lie.

They concocted a version of events in which Rangiwai tripped over a vacuum cleaner.

Maru maintained the lie for more than a year before finally giving it up when confronted with conflicting evidence during a police interview.

She pleaded guilty to manslaughter and attempting to pervert the course of justice and was sentenced yesterday by Justice Grice in the High Court at Gisborne

From the same day

Joy said that looking at the statistics of family violence was challenging because “it depends on how you define the violence itself”.

For instance, someone might not consider a threat of violence as an act of violence in the heat of the moment, but in hindsight that view could change, she said.

“When we’re looking at statistics on violence, of, say, conviction rates, that sort of thing is not counted."

Another often overlooked factor is that Māori and Pasifika tend to face higher conviction rates than Pākehā for the same crime, Joy said.

Joy said that looking at the statistics of family violence was challenging because “it depends on how you define the violence itself”.

For instance, someone might not consider a threat of violence as an act of violence in the heat of the moment, but in hindsight that view could change, she said.

“When we’re looking at statistics on violence, of, say, conviction rates, that sort of thing is not counted."

Another often overlooked factor is that Māori and Pasifika tend to face higher conviction rates than Pākehā for the same crime, Joy said.

Borell said while the statistics surrounding Māori and incarceration rates may be damning, much violent offending, particularly against women and children, goes unreported.

"Stereotypes of Polynesian men as abusers is detrimental and not without its own need for fact-checking.

"Māori were nurturing fathers, husbands and gardeners at the time of European arrival, not the blood thirsty warrior image that has come to be romanticised in our recent histories,” he said.

"Contemporary Polynesian men, according to my own research, are more likely to exhibit tendencies of nurturing and care as opposed to a propensity for violence.

"The continued perpetuation of Māori and Pasifika men as violent and deviant continues to plague our communities as we are constantly in a cycle of proving who we are not, rather than celebrating who we are."

Borell questioned the quick condemnation of Davidson, as the minister for the prevention of family violence, for her comments.

"Marama’s statement needing to be fact checked rather than accepted as something that could possibly be true... is another form of systemic violence,” he said.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Name:  4LEVCKN_jada_manase_jpg_jpg.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  41.6 KB

A young former police officer has been sentenced to home detention for drink-driving in a crash that killed a cyclist in 2021.

Jada Manase, then 21 and fresh out of police college, fell asleep at the wheel after a night of drinking before colliding with 69-year-old David Lane's bicycle.

It was a "stupid decision", she said later.

Judge McNaughton sentenced her to nine months of home detention after significant discounts for her early guilty plea, remorse and relative youth at the time.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Name:  1680232926870.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  185.9 KB

A Hamilton woman who deliberately gave her two young children painkillers and sleeping pills later attempted to frame a close friend for the crime.

While those deeds would normally result in a sentence of imprisonment, a Hamilton District Court judge deemed a merciful approach was warranted, due to horrific events in her past.

Jennifer Batende, 30, of Hamilton East, was sentenced to 12 months of home detention when she appeared in the Hamilton District Court on Friday.

She had earlier pleaded guilty to three charges of ill-treatment of a child, two of perverting the course of justice, one of fabricating evidence, and one of obtaining by deception.

The youngsters were aged four years and 13 months respectively. The drugs could only be prescribed to adults.

Not long afterwards she called for an ambulance, saying her children were dizzy. They were rushed to Waikato Hospital, where toxicology samples were taken.

After some time, they were deemed to be in a stable condition and were transferred to the children’s ward where, at 9.50am June 13, a doctor declared them fit and well and able to be discharged

At some point thereafter, between 10.19am and 10.31am, Batende was alone with the children in a hospital room when she administered a further dose of both drugs to the four-year-old, who then became unsteady on his feet.

In the intervening time, she had persuaded a friend to go to the Hamilton Police Station to lay a complaint that she had seen Batende’s partner placing a substance in their food.

Batende later filed an affidavit claiming that the same friend had sent her a text message admitting she had poisoned the children

It was a lie she attempted to substantiate by getting an associate to purchase “burner” phones. On one of those phones she sent a message to herself – purportedly from her friend and amounting to an admission of poisoning the children.

On the day of her judge-alone trial on December 13, 2021 she changed her pleas on the ill-treatment charges to guilty – but then subsequently made an application, through her legal counsel, to vacate those guilty pleas.

Batende’s family had ended up in a refugee camp in Uganda where her father was murdered, and where she was subjected to numerous other traumatic events.

Eventually, she managed to get to New Zealand as a refugee when she was 13 – however those past traumas had manifested in a condition commonly known as Munchausen by Proxy Syndrome, in which the caregiver of a child, most often a mother, either makes up fake symptoms or causes real symptoms to make it look like the child is sick.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Name:  Screenshot 2023-04-01 230442.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  746.8 KB

During the New Zealand Parliament's formal apology to homosexual men convicted of consensual acts before the passage of the Homosexual Law Reform Act in 1986, Davidson acknowledged that her uncle had assaulted a gay man after reacting badly to his proposition. Her uncle was subsequently convicted of manslaughter and imprisoned when the victim fell into Wellington Harbour and drowned. Davidson apologised on behalf of her late uncle to the LGBT community in New Zealand

What a dumb CUNT

Gold
    Load Metric
    Reports out of China continue to confirm that scientists there are still seeking to push through barriers with Frankenstein-like experimentation on genes with an eye toward the manipulation of human DNA - any and all ethical considerations be damned. What could go wrong?

The Hong-based South China Morning Post has a doozy of a headline out this week based on a breakthrough announcement by a team of scientists linked to the Chinese military, working in Beijing: "Chinese team behind extreme animal gene experiment says it may lead to super soldiers who survive nuclear fallout."

The project was first unveiled in the Chinese-language journal, Military Medical Sciences, and has been gaining more and more media attention and interest within the scientific community, but is also raising serious ethical quandaries, despite the experiment being defended by its overseers as "totally legal".

According to details, the military scientists say they've successfully "inserted a gene from the microscopic water bear into human embryonic stem cells and significantly increased these cells’ resistance to radiation."

"They said success in this unprecedented experiment could lead to super-tough soldiers who could survive nuclear fallout," SCMP writes. The initiative involved the experimental introduction into human DNA (utilizing embryonic cells) of a key gene found the water bear. The gene in question gives the microscopic creature rare resistance to radiation and other extreme environmental effects.

Scientists have long considered that water bears, also known as tardigrades, may hold genetic secrets which could one day be key to human survival and longevity. The eight-legged tiny animal which is smaller than a millimeter in length, has been described as follows:

Tardigrades are tiny, cute and virtually indestructible.

Name:  waterbearmicrosc.png
Views: 327
Size:  287.0 KB

The microscopic animals are able to survive in a pot of boiling water, at the bottom of a deep-sea trench or even in the cold, dark vacuum of space. In August, an Israeli spacecraft carrying tardigrades as part of a scientific experiment crashed on the moon, and scientists believe they may have survived

Having isolated the Tardigrade's gene capable of producing shieldlike proteins which can protect against radiation and other harms, the Chinese team said it "found a way to introduce this gene into human DNA using CRISPR/Cas9, a gene-editing tool now available in most bio-labs," according to the SCMP review of the experiment.

"In their laboratory experiment, nearly 90 per cent of the human embryonic cells carrying the water bear gene survived a lethal exposure to X-ray radiation, according to the team led by professor Yue Wen with the radiation biotechnology laboratory at the Academy of Military Sciences, Beijing," the report continues.

Gold
    Load Metric
    My car needed a new alternator. I hate the mechanics. They rip you off as bad as any profession there is. So I decided to replace it myself and did a great job until I reconnected the battery too soon and wound up blowing the alternator fuse which can only be replaced by removing the headlight and the battery and then the fuse box to allow you to get to the bottom of the fuse itself to disconnect it. Fucking mess all day problem. I know a couple good mechanics that I trust not to fleece me but those are the ones always booked 2 weeks out. Most of them are just dirty thieves over charging you like crazy. Those are the ones take you same day.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    My car needed a new alternator. I hate the mechanics. They rip you off as bad as any profession there is. So I decided to replace it myself and did a great job until I reconnected the battery too soon and wound up blowing the alternator fuse which can only be replaced by removing the headlight and the battery and then the fuse box to allow you to get to the bottom of the fuse itself to disconnect it. Fucking mess all day problem. I know a couple good mechanics that I trust not to fleece me but those are the ones always booked 2 weeks out. Most of them are just dirty thieves over charging you like crazy. Those are the ones take you same day.
    Not so bad here because everyone has a car, everyone knows somebody who knows somebody you do most areas and competition for business is high. Am an industrial electrician and mechanics/mechanical engineers are far more often cunts, or very cool, a bit like black guys
    Never buying a german car again after a year of bullshit, Japaneasy is the way to go.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: Japaneezy rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OK2 View Post
    Not so bad here because everyone has a car, everyone knows somebody who knows somebody you do most areas and competition for business is high. Am an industrial electrician and mechanics/mechanical engineers are far more often cunts, or very cool, a bit like black guys
    Never buying a german car again after a year of bullshit, Japaneasy is the way to go.
    100 percent agree German cars are a pain in the ass, you can’t change the battery without special tools and hidden switches, I have a Lexus now and no issues since.

Comments

OK2: "Experience Amazing"
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OK2 View Post
    Who could deny the Japanese make the best cars? I bought a new Toyota in 2014 and still have it with 262k miles. Like new still. My only complaint so far is this fuse which is nearly impossible to change. I just replaced the factory alternator. It still has a tight front end no noise and bearings, ball joints and tie rods amazingly are all still factory. These have been the best cars for 35-40 years.

Comments

OK2: Smart man right here. I had a Toyota sedan in my early 20's. Zero problems. Very honorable vehicle.
    Last edited by country978; 04-01-2023 at 06:25 PM.

Load Metric
    Name:  8240BE31-42CF-4AE0-973B-52760B4E73B9.jpeg
Views: 303
Size:  263.6 KB

Load Metric
    Name:  71AFE734-7174-4927-ACE0-606D81A692E6.jpeg
Views: 286
Size:  30.7 KB

Load Metric
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Horsehead, New York

18 people arrested in connection with child sex trafficking the same child that’s under 13 for 7-YEARS!! So this tells you what age she was when they used and threatening her with a rifle since she was a little child. She was taken to numerous locations.

Horsehead is just south of Finger Lakes.

Name:  B8678F1F-DCBA-4AEC-810C-2D84519E1677.jpeg
Views: 225
Size:  156.7 KB

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    Horsehead, New York

18 people arrested in connection with child sex trafficking the same child that’s under 13 for 7-YEARS!! So this tells you what age she was when they used and threatening her with a rifle since she was a little child. She was taken to numerous locations.

Horsehead is just south of Finger Lakes.

Name:  B8678F1F-DCBA-4AEC-810C-2D84519E1677.jpeg
Views: 225
Size:  156.7 KB
    https://twitter.com/WarClandestine/status/1648376805898829841

Name:  1681802593164225.gif
Views: 169
Size:  1.46 MB

Thread Information