Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So it begins today (09/16) for US Player Full Tilt Poker Refunds

Load Metric
    Playing a couple tournies watching baseball and PFA.

I started querying the Full Tilt account history spreadsheet. Going back in time....

I don't keep any journal - was always too lazy. I am always impressed when people recall the sites, games and bankroll from years gone by. I cannot.

But there it all is. Frozen in time. Each game and P&L. My eyes were getting all misty. Those were the days. My heart started to beat faster when I saw the words "RUSH".

This sucks!

Now I am all tilted and I know I will donk these pissant tournies.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Said I have a balance there of $0.00.

False.

Now I have to "substantiate" my request for a refund.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Said I have a balance there of $0.00.

False.

Now I have to "substantiate" my request for a refund.
    From what I've read a lot of players are showing a $0.00 balance.

It would be more surprising if this process went smoothly as everyone should expect a cluster fuck until it's over.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    So if you requested an Echeck hoping to squeeze by the deadline you are SOL?

LOL @ upload documents...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Stoxtrader still haunting people, three years after being caught cheating on Pokerstars.

Remember the rakeback site he ran called "This Is The Nuts"?

Apparently GCG is confused by them, and many customers (people getting rakeback) of This Is The Nuts are getting denial letters from GCG:

Thank you for your email. The following persons are excluded from the Remission process and are not eligible for payment from the Full Tilt Poker ("FTP") Fund:

· A past or present employee of FTP or any of its past or present affiliates;

· A past or present vendor of FTP that received compensation through FTP players’ accounts;

· A past or present Team Full Tilt player;

· A past or present shareholder of FTP, Tiltware LLC, Kolyma Corporation A.V.V., Pocket Kings Ltd., Pocket Kings Consulting Ltd., Filco Ltd., Vantage Ltd., Ranston Ltd., Mail Media Ltd., or Full Tilt Poker Ltd.;

· A past or present officer or director of FTP, Tiltware LLC, Kolyma Corporation A.V.V., Pocket Kings Ltd., Pocket Kings Consulting Ltd., Filco Ltd., Vantage Ltd., Ranston Ltd., Mail Media Ltd., or Full Tilt Poker Ltd., or any of their past or present affiliates;

· A defendant in any civil action or a claimant in any forfeiture action brought by the Department of Justice related to the violations alleged in this action, or any related action (or any of his or her affiliates, assigns, heirs, distributees, spouses, parents, children, or controlled entities); or

A person who, as of the Bar Date, has been the subject of criminal charges related to the violations alleged in this action, or any related action (or any of his or her affiliates, assigns, heirs, distributees, spouses, parents, children, or controlled entities).

Based on data supplied to us by FTP you have been identified as an affiliate of FTP and will not be eligible to participate in this remission process.

Regards,

Claims Administrator
    Info@FullTiltPokerClaims.com
    (866) 250-2640

Load Metric
    Are you saying that because you signed up through this/an affiliate to get rakeback that you're not eligible for a refund? That's insane.

This will affect a whole shitload of players. This isn't going to end well.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Are you saying that because you signed up through this/an affiliate to get rakeback that you're not eligible for a refund? That's insane.

This isn't going to end well for the players, but will end very well for GCG and the government.

Be prepared for the 101 reasons why they aren't going to pay you out.

As I said this before, but my starting assumption will be that GCG will be incentivised to find any reason not to pay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

This isn't going to end well for the players, but will end very well for GCG and the government.

Be prepared for the 101 reasons why they aren't going to pay you out.

As I said this before, but my starting assumption will be that GCG will be incentivised to find any reason not to pay.
    Does anyone know what percentage of unclaimed money goes to GCG? It seems to me that they are doing everything in their power to pay out as little as possible. From the 2 month window to emails almost guaranteed to end up in the spam folder. And they haven't called me back as promised nor have I received any emails. I pretty much gave up on it and don't want to waste any more time on this B.S. Fuck em.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here are some updates.

First, everyone should file a petition, regardless of what GCG says regarding your eligibility. There is nothing against the law regarding filing a petition even if you are listed as ineligible, as long as everything you state is true and correct to the best of your knowledge.

Furthermore, here is an interesting 2+2 post from a guy named "1938Ford", who spoke to a lawyer at the Asset Forfeiture and Money Laundering Section (AFMLS) of the government:

I spoke, at some length, with an Attorney for the AFMLS working on this case today. She is the same Attorney that graciously returned my call to discuss another issue a few weeks ago. During our discussion she told me the AFMLS is acutely aware of the various issues and problems with the remissions process to date, including the "affiliate issue", in fact they follow these forums. She said there has been some discussion about adding an FAQ or two to the web site to try to help people understand the process. In the interim, she shared the following:

1. GCG will not be the decision maker in allowing or denying petitions. It is the job of GCG to collect the petitions, compile information from them, identify issues and questions and to submit that information to the AFMLS for resolution. Consequently, the "affiliate" issue will be handled at levels above the scope of authority granted GCG.

2. This is the first million plus claim remission case the AFMLS has handled. It is also the first case that has allowed electronic submission of petitions. It has been and continues to be, challenging. As such they are still in the process of identifying problems and working on solutions. These problems include the inability to upload more than 10 documents and the inability to delete or amend a petition or document that has been submitted. She reports GCG is working on these types of solutions. She shared there is concern with the many multiple petitions filed by the same victim(s) delaying the process and suggests people get everything in order before they submit their petition and to have it ready when they submit.

3. She also suggests that petitions do not have to be submitted today and that petitions received on the last day to submit will be in the same position as petitions received on the first day. There will be no prejudice associated with filing later, rather than sooner.

4. She also indicated the AFMLS hopes to be able to make interim distributions in this case. This would mean that it is possible payments can be made to the undisputed claimants before all disputed claims are completely resolved. This decision has NOT YET BEEN MADE and will be primarily dependent on the calculations of total claims versus total money available to pay the the claim. Because of this the decision on making interim distributions must necessarily wait until sometime after the bar date and after the total amount of money claimed by petitioners is able to be calculated. With a million plus petitions she did say this may take some time.

5. She also shared that the concerns about the DOJ wanting to keep players money or delay payments so that interest can be collected are unfounded. It costs the DOJ money from their budget to prosecute these cases and make remissions. None of the money seized or forfeited goes to the DOJ.

6. She told me the DOJ wants to return the victims their money. They do not want the people responsible for the fraud or people that benefited directly from the fraud to also benefit from remission. This is the purpose of the "exclusion list".

7. She suggested that people that have learned from GCG that they are on the list and/or have been told they are an affiliate submit their petition, regardless of the status as reported by GCG. The AFMLS is aware that there are people identified as affiliates that are not really affiliates. She did not know if this issue is going to be resolved before the actual petition review, but she is confident it will be completely resolved so that innocent victims are paid their money.

8.The current plan for petitions that are in dispute and have problems identified by GCG, such as no proof or not enough proof of the loss claimed, is to send a deficiency notice to the petitioner to allow them to correct or amend their petition before it is submitted for a ruling. This may be the stage were petitioners are formally notified that they are on the "affiliate/exclusion list" and will serve to provide them the opportunity to explain why they were not an affiliate. She did say if a petitioner has been told by GCG they are on the list it would be okay to provide the reasoning as to why the petitioner is not an affiliate on the original petition. The submission of an amended petition after the deficiency notice is not the appeal from denial. It is an interim step the AFMLS and GCG have designed to make the petition approval process move faster and to minimize denied petitions and their subsequent appeal.

9. THE AFMLS, AS STATED ABOVE, IS AWARE THERE ARE PEOPLE ON THE GCG LIST BEING IDENTIFIED AS AFFILIATES THAT ARE REALLY NOT AFFILIATES! The AFMLS Attorney assured me the government does not want to keep money that belongs to innocent victims. This attorney understood what a rakeback was. She understood that people were sometimes paid a referral bonus. She said these are not people that should or will be excluded from the remissions process. What she did not know as of today was what level of the process will deal with the final determination or eligibility for each petitioner.

10. She told me GCG should not be telling people they are excluded from submitting a petition. She recommends that everybody that feels they are a victim of the FTP file a petition. She wanted to make it clear to victims that they do not need a Petition and Control Number from GCG to submit a petition.

I know most of this information is not earth shattering news. In fact, most of it has already been posted ITT as opinion. But, I hope this serves to provide some confidence to the people understandably concerned because they are on the affiliate list that the AFMLS is at least aware of the issue and has plans to deal with it. The person I spoke with is a real person, an attorney for the AFMLS and is specifically assigned to the FTP case. I know it is no substitute for direct information, so I suggested, if possible, she try to get the topic added to FAQs as soon as possible. She indicated she would follow up with the proper people with that suggestion.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Has anyone got their money yet?

Anyone know what ""documents can be submitted" to correct what they are showing as the FT balance?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

Anyone know what ""documents can be submitted" to correct what they are showing as the FT balance?
    No US players have got paid yet. This is just a 2 month claims period and when it is over they will pay.

Documents that can be submitted = ftp transaction log or whatever else u have that supports your balance they have is false

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

From what I hear, don't expect money until well into 2014
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If you wanted money for your Full Tilt points, Iron Man medals, and bonuses, don't bother. You won't get it.

Garden City Group Excludes Full Tilt Points, Bonuses and Iron Man Medals

“Full Tilt Points were a marketing tool and have no monetary value,” the GCG website states. “[T]hey will not be refunded and are not reflected in account balances. Iron Man Medals and similar bonuses will also not be redeemed for their cash value and are not reflected in account balances.”

These had real value, and were a form of rakeback. It's complete BS that these won't be refunded. I would understand if these were second priority and only refunded if there was money left over, but to exclude these is terrible.

Also, in regards to affiliates with poker-related money in their accounts:

The claims administrator announced that some affiliates that commingled their affiliate business and their poker playing will be able to claim “the portion of [their] account balance that relates to poker transactions.” This clarification raises its own questions, like how such “poker transactions” will be classified. However, it was also made clear that the processing of affiliate accounts will not hold up the payment process for other petitioners.
    http://pokerfuse.com/news/poker-room...-behalf-14-10/

This is guaranteed to be a clusterfuck when GCG tries to figure out what "poker transactions" are, and how to separate that from affiliate money mixed within an account.

Load Metric
    I received a postcard today stating my email address is not active and I may have funds on FTP. If I do its prob like ten bucks. I'm going to ignore it. Kind of surprised they hunted me down considering I've had two addresses since I played there.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    I received a postcard today stating my email address is not active and I may have funds on FTP. If I do its prob like ten bucks. I'm going to ignore it. Kind of surprised they hunted me down considering I've had two addresses since I played there.

I was just going to post the same thing since I got the same card in the mail over the weekend. I know I don't have more than 200 in it and for the life of me I don't even remember what my screen name was. I still emailed them asking for the info though

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Had a rep call my phone today from GCG to confirm my SS number. Looks like a wave of payments is happening in March (as was rumored some 6 mths ago).

Woot!

Load Metric
    I gave up on my $24.17 ever coming back. lol. I guess they need that huge sum more than I do. Honestly, if they're having trouble figuring out who had what, they should just have the NSA verify everything.

Name:  Hey NSA.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  157.2 KB

Thread Information