Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We all know the lessons learned from 9/11/01 -- but lessons were also learned on 9/11/13

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

We all know the lessons learned from 9/11/01 -- but lessons were also learned on 9/11/13

Twelve years after the 9/11 tragedies, some companies felt that enough time had passed to where the date could be used for marketing purposes.

Oops.

Not exactly a good idea.

First, AT&T tweeted a "Never Forget" picture, in reference to the "Tribute in Light" that was done shortly after 9/11, with beams replacing the fallen buildings. That by itself would have been fine, except unfortunately the picture also showcases one of their smartphones very prominently. The message: Remember 9/11, and also buy our phone.

AT&T took the tweet down quickly after ensuing outrage.

The San Diego Marriott Mission Valley hotel attempted what they thought was a nice gesture of offering free muffins to guests on 9/11:

The intent behind this offering was to give a little freebie (in this case, mini muffins) to guests during the approximate 30 minute period when the four planes crashed.

But that's not how it came off.

People mocked the hotel for giving mini-muffins ("Regular muffins are too much for this occasion?"), and the half-hour time frame was especially seen as inappropriate. Why not do it the whole day? Why not at least the entire morning? To force the guests to come down during a short, 30-minute window to get the muffins, in order to mirror the attack times, is pretty stupid.

And then topping both of the above boneheaded marketing attemps, the Tumbletown Trails golf course in Wisconsin offered this offensive promo:

What were these companies thinking?

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    should I? hmm

Load Metric
    yeah... what the fuck.

Load Metric
    no I won't... maybe

I really do have the best joke of all time.

hmmmm

Load Metric
    but if you don't go out and buy new phones and play value priced golf then the terrorists win

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    never forget is catching on.

free muffins are good anytime of the day

Load Metric
    fake from the onion.

Name:  9lfUUPL.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  79.1 KB

Comments

4Dragons: that face needed to be Jared's

Load Metric
    Comedian Joe mande on twitter retweeted a bunch of corporations + their 9/11 tweets, you can scroll through here:

https://twitter.com/JoeMande
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Load Metric
    DanDruff in all seriousness what lessons did you learn from 9/11? What lessons learned from that day do you incorporate into your everyday life?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    DanDruff in all seriousness what lessons did you learn from 9/11? What lessons learned from that day do you incorporate into your everyday life?
    i will field this one. it reminded me something that i already knew. tall buildings are scary as hell. i don't like driving over tall bridges as well.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    i will field this one. it reminded me something that i already knew. tall buildings are scary as hell. i don't like driving over tall bridges as well.

I can get down with that. Better than some shit saying how it taught me to not take any moment for granted blah blah blah.

The lesson I learned was to not wear this shirt in NYC

Name:  911_Shirt.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  89.6 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post

I can get down with that. Better than some shit saying how it taught me to not take any moment for granted blah blah blah.

The lesson I learned was to not wear this shirt in NYC

Name:  911_Shirt.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  89.6 KB
    i don't even think johnny knoxville in character would wear that shirt. although, i've been wrong before.

Load Metric
    All you have to do is slap "NEVER FORGET" on the top of it with an American Flag and tailor it in sleeveless form and they would sell like hot cakes in Kentucky.

But yeah as is not even Knoxville.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Twelve years after the 9/11 tragedies, some companies felt that enough time had passed to where the date could be used for marketing purposes.

Oops.

Not exactly a good idea.

First, AT&T tweeted a "Never Forget" picture, in reference to the "Tribute in Light" that was done shortly after 9/11, with beams replacing the fallen buildings. That by itself would have been fine, except unfortunately the picture also showcases one of their smartphones very prominently. The message: Remember 9/11, and also buy our phone.

AT&T took the tweet down quickly after ensuing outrage.

The San Diego Marriott Mission Valley hotel attempted what they thought was a nice gesture of offering free muffins to guests on 9/11:

The intent behind this offering was to give a little freebie (in this case, mini muffins) to guests during the approximate 30 minute period when the four planes crashed.

But that's not how it came off.

People mocked the hotel for giving mini-muffins ("Regular muffins are too much for this occasion?"), and the half-hour time frame was especially seen as inappropriate. Why not do it the whole day? Why not at least the entire morning? To force the guests to come down during a short, 30-minute window to get the muffins, in order to mirror the attack times, is pretty stupid.

And then topping both of the above boneheaded marketing attemps, the Tumbletown Trails golf course in Wisconsin offered this offensive promo:

What were these companies thinking?

Surprising that your raging Jewiness has any problem with a freebie/significant, regardless of taste.

Name:  jew-bwa-ha-ha.gif
Views: 441
Size:  29.4 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Which one is he?

Load Metric
    The only lesson i learned from 9/11 is that the american government never tell the truth and is capable of killing thousands of US citizens to have a reason to go to war.

Comments

shortbuspoker: maybe if were lucky there will be a Vichy American faction to combat the government

4Dragons: oh the gaul of this one

Load Metric
    As long as Porsche doesn't come out with a twin towers edition 911, we should be ok.

Load Metric
    The golf course has been doing that every year to honor the victims, but in todays day and age where you cant even call a faggot a faggot anymore unless you yourself are a faggot then its ok. They did nothing wrong. Its not like its some crazy promotion that they will make a ton of money off of. Its so we remember on 9/11. The jewish media is everything thats wrong with this world.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post
    The golf course has been doing that every year to honor the victims, but in todays day and age where you cant even call a idiotic a idiotic anymore unless you yourself are a idiotic then its ok. They did nothing wrong. Its not like its some crazy promotion that they will make a ton of money off of. Its so we remember on 9/11. The jewish media is everything thats wrong with this world.
    To be honest, this looks like less "honoring" victims and more gimmickry to get customers down there.

The events of 9/11 were major and tragic enough to where no company should be running cutesy promotions based upon the day.

The hotel giving the muffins wouldn't have been bad, had it not been for the ridiculous 30-minute time frame. That one fell under the category of, "If you aren't going to do it right, don't do it at all."

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post
    The golf course has been doing that every year to honor the victims, but in todays day and age where you cant even call a faggot a faggot anymore unless you yourself are a faggot then its ok. They did nothing wrong. Its not like its some crazy promotion that they will make a ton of money off of. Its so we remember on 9/11. The jewish media is everything thats wrong with this world.
    To be honest, this looks like less "honoring" victims and more gimmickry to get customers down there.

The events of 9/11 were major and tragic enough to where no company should be running cutesy promotions based upon the day.

The hotel giving the muffins wouldn't have been bad, had it not been for the ridiculous 30-minute time frame. That one fell under the category of, "If you aren't going to do it right, don't do it at all."
    I would say in any case when something like this is happening, then unless you are doing something to actually benefit the group that you are honoring then it is gimmicky. Take the muffins for example, if anything all they are doing is making their customers feel like they care about 9/11 and all it really is for is to impress customers. If I ran that promotion it would be we are having an honorary breakfast for 9/11. For every muffin eaten during x time frame we will donate $y to the victims fund. In the case of the golf course it should have been the same way. Pay regular price or even a discounted price and for each round purchased we will donate $y to the fund.

Thread Information