Thread: google's long running scam----------adsense

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

google's long running scam----------adsense

when i was developing websites several years ago i set up a few w/ adsense. some had unique data and others i just threw up various scripts to gather data. it was one of those sites that google algorithm spotted because i was having the script post twice every half hour. as you can imagine, the posts add up quickly..surprising, i received a warning and wasn't banned. most of my accrued money from it came from posting handicapping advice..which is pretty close to gambling and against google's adsense TOS... (but they take advertising dollars from gambling websites..lol)

i haven't really tried to do much development in a few years, so there's $70 something dollars still sits in my adsense account. and i can't take it out until i reach 100. i'm sure once i do start it up again, when i get closer, i will get banned for something and google will confiscate the funds. i've just read so many horror stories and people can't do jack shit about it. google pretty much last say,..legal or not.

look at this story i found. guy sued google because of it and won!!!..fast forward to google's appeal of the decision...and he lost...lol...guess how much it was for......

$760..lol

couple years old..but a good read...here is a link to the story

why i sued google and won

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/aaron-..._b_172403.html

google gets slammed publicly by ny times and other outlets and appeals $760 verdict and obv wins

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/aaron-..._b_213176.html

Banned
    Load Metric
    How is that a scam? It's not like they're keeping the money. When Google bans Adsense accounts, they return the money to the advertisers.

I'm not really into IM anymore either, but most of the time I heard people bitching about Adsense/Adwords bans, it was usually because they were doing something shady or toeing the line. Auto-generated content certainly falls under the former category, and sports picks arguably fall under the latter.

EDIT: lol, apparently I've long misunderstood the meaning of "toe the line". I meant bending the rules, or coming dangerously close to breaking them.
    Last edited by SrslySirius; 09-10-2013 at 02:52 PM.

Load Metric
    Ok let me get this straight:

• You are running spambots against Google's TOS

• You are running ads on a gambling website against Google's TOS

Somehow Google is the scammer here?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Ok let me get this straight:

• You are running spambots against Google's TOS

• You are running ads on a gambling website against Google's TOS

Somehow Google is the scammer here?
    This. I was kind of thinking the same thing. However, imo Google as the big company they should be held to a higher standard of ethics. Still, don't get pissed at a site you are trying to scam that they are scamming you. Reminds me of sooo many situations over the years on these forums between posters and poker sites.

Either way though, if true, how in the fuck can Google get away with keeping your money that you earn until you hit $100. Isn't that essentially stealing? Am I missing something here?
    Last edited by Gordman; 09-10-2013 at 08:53 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post

Either way though, if true, how in the fuck can Google get away with keeping your money that you earn until you hit $100. Isn't that essentially stealing? Am I missing something here?
    that's the scam. they invent shit and fuck you.

Thread Information