Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boardwalk Empire Season 4

Load Metric

Boardwalk Empire Season 4

So far so good. Very into the accent on photography. Great ties too.

Give zero point zero fucks about the plot.

Ties are really awesome this season tho. Not sure if I made that clear.

Comments

lewfather: rofl
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    I gave up on Mad Men mid season, is this show watchable? I mean, for the ties, of course.

Load Metric
    ties are fabbo.

its rough tho because steve buschemi is mysteriously looking younger as the series progresses. so you gotta work really hard to ignore that and concentrate on the gorgeous ties.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    The fact that they brought in the guy who had to flip a coin for his life w/Javier Bardem in No Country gets them a + 1.
    Name:  no c.JPG
Views: 425
Size:  19.9 KB

Comments

sonatine: making a strong case

Load Metric
    Tonights neckware was pedantic and lackluster.

Load Metric
    Not unlike your mothers.

Load Metric
    Rothstein: I raise 200000, Im all in.
    Nucki: I call. Queen high flush.
    Rothstein: I thought you had a straight. Fold.

Someone explain to me what Rothstein had that beat a straight but lost to a queen high flush? A jack high flush? Did he think put Nucki on a straight and think he could push him off it?

God I love nonsensical TV poker.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

Someone explain to me what Rothstein had that beat a straight but lost to a queen high flush? A jack high flush? Did he think put Nucki on a straight and think he could push him off it?

let's not forget the fact rothstein reloaded 200k during the hand

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post

let's not forget the fact rothstein reloaded 200k during the hand
    yeah ive seen this before tho, some games arent table stakes and allow reloading mid-hand.

the cincinatti kid for example has the same thing take place.

Load Metric
    it was a pretty bad call, but to be fair plol told me rothstein could still probably make $100k+ playing 5/10 live once or twice a week

Comments

sonatine: topical and cogent

Load Metric

Had the same conversation this afternoon. Made zero sense unless he tables a smaller flush.

Aww man. And he had just became a made nigga.

Comments

sonatine: too soon

Load Metric
    Of all the things Nucky has done, this week has to be the lowest.

I get that his nephew comes first, but WTF???
    THEN, when his nephew's roommate comes into the room, Nucky goes out of his way to be nice to the guy.
    That turned my stomach it is so scummy.

Load Metric
    So is no one else watching this?
    This season started slow, but last week was great, and this past week was the most suspenseful TV I've watched in a long time.
    Great lead up to the finale

They had the full on homage to OMAR, talking "corner boys", Baltimore, and that last scene was some serious Omar De Ja Vu.
    I hope he makes it to season 5. Louis Gosset Jr was fucking great.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post
    This season started slow, but last week was great, and this past week was the most suspenseful TV I've watched in a long time.

They had the full on homage to OMAR, talking "corner boys", Baltimore, and that last scene was some serious Omar De Ja Vu.

spoilers

Did you get the thing with Roy? Can someone tell me exactly what happened with the old man wit the gray beard and Gillian? Also Harrow is still a badass fucker. What does he actually know about Jimmy's mom?

Questions...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

spoilers

Did you get the thing with Roy? Can someone tell me exactly what happened with the old man wit the gray beard and Gillian? Also Harrow is still a badass fucker. What does he actually know about Jimmy's mom?

Questions...

I pretty much called the Roy thing after the random meeting in the cafe with the friends of the boy (who gillian killed) showing up and asking about him. Verified a few eps later when they show Roy on the phone. Grey beard was the lawyer for the Commodore (old man who knocked up Gillian at 13 with the seed of Jimmy, Jimmy eventually kills him season 2)
    Last edited by gut; 11-20-2013 at 02:14 PM.

Load Metric
    This finale should be amazing. Possibly the best season yet, or at least right there with season 2, depending on how this ends. Here's my lines I would set on odds of biting the bullet this Sunday:

Black Singer chick +150
    Eli +200
    FBI agent Knox +200
    William, Eli's son +450 (Only if Eli survives, I feel like 1 of the 2 will go, but not both)
    Narcisse +500
    Chalky +600
    Patricia Arquette +750
    Harrow +1200
    Van Alden +1500

With O'bannion already killed this season, none of the other characters playing real people should die. My guesses are my first 3 I listed on there. Eli would be the big one, but he seems to have run his course as a character. I have a feeling the Narcisse/Chalky feud will continue for another season. The Chalky and Harrow characters are both so popular and still somewhat being explored, so I would be surprised to see them die.

as a bonus, Mickey Doyle +800. Probably won't even be in the episode at all, but I can't stand that character and am surprised he is somehow still alive.

Title of the finale is "Farewell daddy Blues" by the way....

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

spoilers

Questions...

I pretty much called the Roy thing after the random meeting in the cafe with the friends of the boy (who gillian killed) showing up and asking about him. Verified a few eps later when they show Roy on the phone. Grey beard was the lawyer for the Commodore (old man who knocked up Gillian at 13 with the seed of Jimmy, Jimmy eventually kills him season 2)
    I guess we will talk in spoilers so Barry doesn't have a fit if he decides he wants to watch it w/in the next 10 years. J/k

So you think the kid that went up to her in the restaurant wasn't random?
    I thought Roy was that dude's brother or something, I didn't see the detective thing.
    I did know that him killing that guy was staged.
    Uncle June being behind the whole thing makes me think that was a random thing.

Load Metric
    This finale should be amazing. Possibly the best season yet, or at least right there with season 2, depending on how this ends. Here's my lines I would set on odds of biting the bullet this Sunday:

Black Singer chick +150
    Eli +200
    FBI agent Knox +200
    William, Eli's son +450 (Only if Eli survives, I feel like 1 of the 2 will go, but not both)
    Narcisse +500
    Chalky +600
    Patricia Arquette +750
    Harrow +1200
    Van Alden +1500

With O'bannion already killed this season, none of the other characters playing real people should die. My guesses are my first 3 I listed on there. Eli would be the big one, but he seems to have run his course as a character. I have a feeling the Narcisse/Chalky feud will continue for another season. The Chalky and Harrow characters are both so popular and still somewhat being explored, so I would be surprised to see them die.

as a bonus, Mickey Doyle +800. Probably won't even be in the episode at all, but I can't stand that character and am surprised he is somehow still alive.

Title of the finale is "Farewell daddy Blues" by the way....

I'll take Eli, he has to go this time, he already is alive instead of Jimmy, when it was Eli that pushed Jimmy over the edge as far as killing Nucky.

Load Metric

I guess we will talk in spoilers so Barry doesn't have a fit if he decides he wants to watch it w/in the next 10 years. J/k

So you think the kid that went up to her in the restaurant wasn't random?
    I thought Roy was that dude's brother or something, I didn't see the detective thing.
    I did know that him killing that guy was staged.
    Uncle June being behind the whole thing makes me think that was a random thing.

well, I figured going into the season that Gillian's character had run its course as well, so there had to be something fishy with Roy. After that cafe scene, I figured he was a detective, but hired by the boys family perhaps. The kid was from the midwest, and Roy mentioned that he was as well. Now knowing who did hire Roy, I still don't think it was random. I'm sure ole greybeard was privy to any local police reports, such as a GI gone missing in AC after hanging out with a lady. I just think they didn't explore that angle on-air for us, because it was a rather small plotline to the overall show.

Thread Information