Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boardwalk Empire Season 4

Load Metric
    GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Diamond
    Load Metric
    I like Will. He's cute. I wish they showed more of him without clothes.

Name:  Ben+Rosenfield+07.jpg
Views: 1855
Size:  67.2 KB

Name:  Ben+Rosenfield+05.jpg
Views: 4485
Size:  78.3 KB

Name:  Ben+Rosenfield+04.jpg
Views: 1764
Size:  67.5 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    So far so good. Very into the accent on photography. Great ties too.

Give zero point zero fucks about the plot.

Ties are really awesome this season tho. Not sure if I made that clear.
    Every performance in the AC cotton club was fantastic, too.

Load Metric
    GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
    Wow, you should seriously stop watching TV, this is as good as it gets.

That was a great finale, and I didn't see hardly any of it coming,

RIP Richard I read they wanted him to die while people still loved him
    I thought Eli was going to die (before the episode) the kid saved him,
    him going to Chicago is going to be a great way to tie this back to Al Capone.
    Don't like where Chalky ended up, but I'll take it over him dying, like I thought was going to happen last episode

Load Metric

Yeah wow great finale. So many great 1on1 dialogues. Narcisse n Chalky, Narcisse, n Nucky, Narcisse n Hoover, Nucky n Eli. The Eli vs Knox fight was about the only thing I completely guessed right in this ep. Sad to see Harrow gone, as he was one of my favorite characters, along with Rothstein and Chalky. Van Alden picking up Eli in Chicago was great also.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

Yeah wow great finale. So many great 1on1 dialogues. Narcisse n Chalky, Narcisse, n Nucky, Narcisse n Hoover, Nucky n Eli. The Eli vs Knox fight was about the only thing I completely guessed right in this ep. Sad to see Harrow gone, as he was one of my favorite characters, along with Rothstein and Chalky. Van Alden picking up Eli in Chicago was great also.

I'd kill to hear the actual conversation between Eli and VanAlden in the car ride.

I'm "sad" to see Harrow gone, but it was time for him to go.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
    For realz tho. Richard going out like that was lame.

How many more times are we gonna have to go through the whole "Eli betrays Nucky" plot?
    I literally skipped past every second Gillian was on screen. I really liked her character in the previous season's, but I found her so boring this season.
    Last edited by RichardBrodiesCombover.; 11-25-2013 at 07:03 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardBrodiesCombover. View Post
    GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

How many more times are we gonna have to go through the whole "Eli betrays Nucky" plot?
    I literally skipped past every second Gillian was on screen. I really liked her character in the previous season's, but I found her so boring this season.
    Why was that lame? you say you are sick of "Eli betraying Nucky" yet you aren't sick of Richard killing people?
    That was his only use, they got rid of him at the perfect time, BEFORE we got sick of him.

You are like in the 1 % on Gillian, everyone I've talked to, or read, hated her up until the 2nd to last episode.
    You missed out on a pretty good little story w/Ron Livingstone setting her up.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post

Why was that lame? you say you are sick of "Eli betraying Nucky" yet you aren't sick of Richard killing people?
    That was his only use, they got rid of him at the perfect time, BEFORE we got sick of him.

You are like in the 1 % on Gillian, everyone I've talked to, or read, hated her up until the 2nd to last episode.

I did catch that. He turns out to be a Pinkerton, right? LOL!

Load Metric
    Thoughts on season finale and show overall...

*SPOILERS*

Season 4 was really good, but not great. Most of the show has been simply average to good.
    Hasn't Omar run his course? I'm tired of him and thought he should have got got.
    The whole Ron Livingston/Gillian thing was completely superfluous. 30% of BE characters need not exist, take your pick.
    I completely bought into Gyp Rossetti but for some reason can't get behind Narcisse.
    Why didn't Eli die?
    I liked the finale, but the season ending montage was too vague and too Wire-y

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

*SPOILERS*

Season 4 was really good, but not great. Most of the show has been simply average to good.
    Hasn't Omar run his course? I'm tired of him and thought he should have got got.
    The whole Ron Livingston/Gillian thing was completely superfluous. 30% of BE characters need not exist, take your pick.
    I completely bought into Gyp Rossetti but for some reason can't get behind Narcisse.
    Why didn't Eli die?
    Dennis Lehane can probably accept some of The Wire comparisons. He was hired as a script doctor prior to this season.

Fwiw Lehane's last novel took place primarily in Tampa, during prohibition. I'd imagine next season we'll see some .of his extensive knowledge of that area make its way into the series.

Or maybe not.

I gave this season a B-.

The novel is called Live By Night.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntmissioner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

*SPOILERS*

Why didn't Eli die?
    Dennis Lehane can probably accept some of The Wire comparisons. He was hired as a script doctor prior to this season.

Fwiw Lehane's last novel took place primarily in Tampa, during prohibition. I'd imagine next season we'll see some .of his extensive knowledge of that area make its way into the series.

Or maybe not.

I gave this season a B-.

The novel is called Live By Night.
    They all do the season ending montage now.
    Sopranos was the original anyways.
    Then the Wire, Madmen, SOA...................

Load Metric
    I literally skipped past every second Gillian was on screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post

I did catch that. He turns out to be a Pinkerton, right? LOL!
    Then I guess you didn't literally skip every scene Gillian was in.

Cool

The hand made perfect sense. Rothstein thought Nucky had the straight and would fold if he moved allin, fearing the flush. Maybe Nucky would have hero-called him anyway but that was Rothstein's thinking. Of course he didn't have a hand that beat a straight. He was bluffing, not value-betting!

Anyway this season has failed to satisfy as usual. Richard Harrow misses for the first time in his life and dies, Chalky seems a broken man, and Nucky wants out. They should have one more series with Al Capone ruling Chicago then call it a day.

Thread Information