Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Contract Breakin' II: Electric Boogaloo (a PokerFraudAlert prequel!)

Load Metric
    Todd,

Withdraw yourself from this silly beef immediately, eat the loss and spend some time with your wife/girlfriend and son.

The more you try to win, the further you fall.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Todd,

Withdraw yourself from this silly beef immediately, eat the loss and spend some time with your wife/girlfriend and son.

The more you try to win, the further you fall.
    This will be the last time I speak about this matter publicly for awhile, because I don't want it to dominate this forum.

I do want to make it clear why I'm doing this, because I think that the noise I have made over this has drowned out the message that I originally wanted to convey.

This isn't about pride or silly LOL internet stuff.

I was scammed out of thousands of dollars here.

I sold my 26.4% of DonkDown for $1200 -- FAR less than it was worth at the time. This isn't a case of seller's remorse. I knew very well at the time that my portion of the site was worth many times that, but I also knew that Micon was flat broke and couldn't afford much more. In order to compromise and make the deal happen, I agreed to eat the additional value of my part, in exchange for Micon signing a contract agreeing to certain things that were important to me.

So basically I gave Micon a discount of thousands of dollars in exchange for signing and keeping to the terms of the contract.

He is now brazenly ignoring the contract and telling me that he will not abide by its terms, simply because he resents me for various reasons (mostly the existence of this site).

Therefore, I was scammed. Micon happily took my piece at a steep discount in exchange for an agreement I wanted, and then went back on the agreement after he already had my ownership piece.

I am not going to let Bryan Micon or anyone else scam me out of thousands of dollars.

Micon made a big deal over the years outing scammers or scam accomplices such as Justin Smith, Joe Sebok, Weissman, and many others. Now it's time for Micon to deal with the consequences of his own scamming.

My girlfriend is aware of the situation and fully supports my taking action here. I do not want to have to do this, and would much prefer Micon comes to his senses and honors the agreement, but that's starting to look unlikely.

I respect your opinion that I should just eat the loss and move on with my life, but I also hope you can respect my opinion that I wish to take legal action against someone who scammed me out of thousands of dollars of equity in a business.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    You can't actually stop yourself from posting. Seriously read what I said about leaving this issue alone. All this blabbering is making you look much worse.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamRazor View Post
    You can't actually stop yourself from posting. Seriously read what I said about leaving this issue alone. All this blabbering is making you look much worse.
    I am going to leave it alone -- in public. The above was my last statement, because I just wanted everyone to understand that this was about Micon scamming me for actual money, and not about silly internet forum drama.

Privately, I will be taking legal action on this matter, and I'm sure you can understand that I was legitimately screwed here.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Understanding that you got rolled by micon is one thing. Staying up for 2 days arguing about it and getting your pink panties in a twist about it and then filing a law suit is just complete lolercatastrophic.

Get a new hobby.

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I am going to leave it alone -- in public. The above was my last statement, because I just wanted everyone to understand that this was about Micon scamming me for actual money, and not about silly internet forum drama.

Privately, I will be taking legal action on this matter, and I'm sure you can understand that I was legitimately screwed here.
    this is sad druff, it really is...you are turning into the person you despise, Mason, a person who is willing to waste money on lawyers for what?

you might win in court, but not the court of public opinion

think about it, you say you intend to keep meet matters private ( highly doubtful), micon is having orgasms just thinking ways of tilting you with his tweets

Load Metric
    I am not going to let Bryan Micon or anyone else scam me out of thousands of dollars.
    This screams breakdance contest outside the Luxor to me.

Druff your windmill is the baddest. Remember to grimace at all times, no smiling.

Load Metric
    Druff - it seems you are considering suing Micon for breaching the terms of the notarized contract mainly because you were to be provided an account on DD with certain permissions for 5 years and instead you were only provided the account for 6 months. Would you be interested in running a serious poll where the community offers its advice and support for either suing Micon or moving on. I think that the will of the community should factor into this. I think there has been enough debate so anyone that cares understands both options. Of course in the end it is your choice alone. I get the sense there is opinion on both sides of this, although I can't really gauge the strength of both sides - hence the suggestion for a poll.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dad View Post
    Druff - it seems you are considering suing Micon for breaching the terms of the notarized contract mainly because you were to be provided an account on DD with certain permissions for 5 years and instead you were only provided the account for 6 months. Would you be interested in running a serious poll where the community offers its advice and support for either suing Micon or moving on. I think that the will of the community should factor into this. I think there has been enough debate so anyone that cares understands both options. Of course in the end it is your choice alone. I get the sense there is opinion on both sides of this, although I can't really gauge the strength of both sides - hence the suggestion for a poll.
    This is really only about a breach of contract and the fact that I gave Micon thousands of dollars in free equity in DonkDown in exchange for this contract, and now he's refusing to honor it.

I got scammed, and regardless of public opinion, I'm going to do my best to recover that money and/or get an injunction forcing him to adhere to what he agreed to.

Load Metric
    This is really only about a breach of contract and the fact that I gave Micon thousands of dollars in free equity in DonkDown in exchange for this contract, and now he's refusing to honor it.

I got scammed, and regardless of public opinion, I'm going to do my best to recover that money and/or get an injunction forcing him to adhere to what he agreed to.
    if I'm understanding this right: It really doesn't matter to you what Micon did to break the contract, the fact is you gave up equity in the sale for these stipulations, and he broke the contract which is now more about the lost equity not the actual offense? Basically it would be like you selling me a $10,000 car for $4,000 with the stipulation that I pick you up for work every day for 1 year, and I only did it for 2 months.
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Regarding the "gay" thing, I have to respectfully disagree:

... and that's from Katy Perry, who even kissed a girl and liked it.
    Song was released in 2007. In 2007 we were all grinding on Party Poker and Micon was driving a BMW and putting himself in 4 figure tournaments. Times change my man.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric

LOL wat??

Druff, you didn't get scammed, and you are not going to be able to collect "thousands of dollars" because you are not owed them. It doesn't matter that you think DD was worth significantly more than what you settled for. In reality, the worth of anything is what someone is willing to pay or be paid for, and you accepted $1200 for your share of DD. Period. Offer, acceptance and consideration.

I'm not saying Micon didn't breach the contract, he clearly did. But all you can really do here is sue for specific performance, and if said performance cannot be delivered then a judge would have to put a monetary value on it.

What do you think a judge might value forum access at druff?

I appreciate your postion on this situation from a macro perspective, but to say that Micon scammed you and should now be considered a scammer for this episode is ludicrous.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

LOL wat??

Druff, you didn't get scammed, and you are not going to be able to collect "thousands of dollars" because you are not owed them. It doesn't matter that you think DD was worth significantly more than what you settled for. In reality, the worth of anything is what someone is willing to pay or be paid for, and you accepted $1200 for your share of DD. Period. Offer, acceptance and consideration.

I'm not saying Micon didn't breach the contract, he clearly did. But all you can really do here is sue for specific performance, and if said performance cannot be delivered then a judge would have to put a monetary value on it.

I appreciate your postion on this situation from a macro perspective, but to say that Micon scammed you and should now be considered a scammer for this episode is ludicrous.
    I think this is the perspective most people would have on the matter (and the likely place where Micon is coming from) but in court even a verbal agreement that the site was being sold for far less than it's overall worth would be binding --so long as it was provable. The fact that Druff has this in writing, as well as Micon's acknowledgement in public forums makes this a pretty open and shut case. The removal of forum access is just the genesis of the breach, not the factor that will ultimately determine the overall value that Druff would recieve in damages.The judge could say anything from, "restore his access" and issue an injunction against Micon removing access or in any other way tampering with Druff's account in the future, to the judge saying Micon violated the terms of the sale and must return Druff's 26.4% to him (probably with a similar injunction against denying Druff access to the site).

The actual value of the site would be determined from there; this part of the case would simply be to see if Micon had violated the terms of the sale; which he did. The judge shouldn't and wouldn't care if the site was worth $500 or $500,000. The entire matter is about violating a written agreement of sale. Under your thinking it would be impossible for me to take someone to court (or a waste of the court's time) over the sale of $5,000 automobile (which would equal Druff recieving $1,200 for about 25% ownership) but would be fine if it was a $250,000 lamborghini. The value of the site doesn't matter.
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

LOL wat??

I like you, Tony, but you're just not correct here.

I most definitely did get scammed.

Let's put aside the legal arguments for the moment and discuss whether I actually got scammed.

If I wrongly valued DonkDown at $1200 and later regretted it, I couldn't call Micon a scammer. That would just be a case of seller's remorse.

But that's not what happened.

I clearly told Micon I was refusing to sell it for such a low price. I explained all the reasons my part was worth many times that. I still remember the phone call where all of this happened.

I told Micon that I was refusing to sell my part for so much less than it was worth. Micon went into a whole speech about what a terrible place in life he was at, and how there was just no way he could come up with that type of money. He admitted that I was correct about the 26.4% of the site being worth far more than $1200, but said that he absolutely couldn't afford more. He then went on to tell me a long story about all of the different financial messes he was in.

I finally told him that I was willing to eat the difference in value if he would sign my latest version of the contract and promise to keep to it. He said that he would, and that's what we ended up doing.

Now, 6 months later, he's breaking the contract for no other reason than because he feels like it.

How is that not a scam?

It was very clear to him that I was discounting the price ONLY if he was willing to sign the contract and keep to its terms, and he agreed. This wasn't just something he had to guess or realize. I actually said to him that it's very important to keep to the terms because I'm only giving him this fabulous deal because of his willingness to sign the contract, and he said that he understood.

My last telephone conversation with him was on Sunday. I asked how he was not a scammer if he received a discount in exchange for signing an agreement I wanted, and then violated the agreement once the sale was already through. He said, "I only signed the agreement because it was the only way to get your part of the site. When I signed it, I didn't really agree with what I was signing."

This isn't about him not performing on a contract. Had we sold at a mutually agreed-upon fair price AND attached a contract which he later violated, then it would just be a performance issue, and not a scam.

Here he lied about agreeing to certain terms in order to save thousands of dollars on the sale, and then gave me the middle finger once he already owned my part.

Sounds like a scam to me.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    You are so fucking pedantic man. I mean honestly. Leave it alone. It's just embarrassing that a father of a young kid in his 40s is wasting ANY time at all on shit like this. You have managed to give 3 FUCKING DAYS to it.

DanDruffsHighHorse is literally ready to be let loose.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Pretty sure I speak for just about everyone when I say I want the lawsuit to proceed.

Further, Micon doesn't have a leg to stand on.
    And why would he ever risk being sued just to save one of bob's idiotic posts.
    Bob hasn't posted anything remotely entertaining or interesting ever.

Druff's right to protect his personal and family privacy on DD for 5 years was a negotiated term of the sale that must be upheld if not by Micon exercising common sense, then by a court of law.

Ruling will be for the plaintiff, obv.

*giggling*
    Load Metric

LOL wat??

I like you, Tony, but you're just not correct here.

I most definitely did get scammed.

Let's put aside the legal arguments for the moment and discuss whether I actually got scammed.

If I wrongly valued DonkDown at $1200 and later regretted it, I couldn't call Micon a scammer. That would just be a case of seller's remorse.

But that's not what happened.

I clearly told Micon I was refusing to sell it for such a low price. I explained all the reasons my part was worth many times that. I still remember the phone call where all of this happened.

I told Micon that I was refusing to sell my part for so much less than it was worth. Micon went into a whole speech about what a terrible place in life he was at, and how there was just no way he could come up with that type of money. He admitted that I was correct about the 26.4% of the site being worth far more than $1200, but said that he absolutely couldn't afford more. He then went on to tell me a long story about all of the different financial messes he was in.

I finally told him that I was willing to eat the difference in value if he would sign my latest version of the contract and promise to keep to it. He said that he would, and that's what we ended up doing.

Now, 6 months later, he's breaking the contract for no other reason than because he feels like it.

How is that not a scam?

It was very clear to him that I was discounting the price ONLY if he was willing to sign the contract and keep to its terms, and he agreed. This wasn't just something he had to guess or realize. I actually said to him that it's very important to keep to the terms because I'm only giving him this fabulous deal because of his willingness to sign the contract, and he said that he understood.

My last telephone conversation with him was on Sunday. I asked how he was not a scammer if he received a discount in exchange for signing an agreement I wanted, and then violated the agreement once the sale was already through. He said, "I only signed the agreement because it was the only way to get your part of the site. When I signed it, I didn't really agree with what I was signing."

This isn't about him not performing on a contract. Had we sold at a mutually agreed-upon fair price AND attached a contract which he later violated, then it would just be a performance issue, and not a scam.

Here he lied about agreeing to certain terms in order to save thousands of dollars on the sale, and then gave me the middle finger once he already owned my part.

Sounds like a scam to me.
    DD IS JUST A FUCKIN LAME FORUM, OK * shaking head violently*

for such a supposedly intelligent guy you sure do some idiotic things

maybe you are taking an usual line on this matter, and like scotty, using this embarrassing drama to create more traffic/publicity

imo you lack perspective on this matter....you are not looking at the bigger picture

you have a chance to parlay you crusader persona, especially when online poker is legalized, and blow up huge. Instead you your credibility is diminishing at a rapid rate

i honestly think you need to distant yourself from anything to do with donkdown, and concentrate on what your strengths are, and that is to look out for the little guy and call out the cheats

this is what i would do

cut off all ties with dd, as it just tarnishes your reputation, and sort of delegitimizes you

start networking, especially with magazines, radio shows, tv/cable, and be the go to guy who can cut
    through all the crap and explain the issues in layman terms...thats your strength

head a consumer watchdog group if that is route you want to go

i can even envisage you as being the face of an online poker site...druff=no scamming, i would definitely
    play

i can see many opportunities, but you really need to pull your fuckin head in, as you are imploding in front of all ''34'' members

*giggling*
    Load Metric
    oh, and another thing, your partner is supportive of your decision to preceed with legal action against the micon

*shaking head again*

she needs to be..........................

bitch slapped

twice, just in case the first one didnt take

ok

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Fluffer, many of your ideas as to what to do with myself within the poker community are good, and I have considered a lot of those things already.

I will definitely be trying to get a management position within one of the legalized US poker sites when they eventually come to pass. I agree that distancing myself from DD as much as possible would be helpful toward that goal, as that site has probably hurt my ability to be taken seriously to some degree.

However, filing a lawsuit to protect a contract that has been breached will not jeopardize any of that. It's not like Micon is some major respected player in the industry, and I'll be blackballed for engaging in a dispute with him. The truth is simply that nobody outside of these 2 forums is really going to give a shit about it.

Load Metric
    I am going to leave it alone -- in public. The above was my last statement.
    Or not........

Thread Information