View Poll Results: Did Caesar's shit the bed, or am I being a difficult Jew?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Caesar's shit the bed

3 6.12%
  • I'm being a difficult Jew

32 65.31%
  • Both

12 24.49%
  • Don't know or care

2 4.08%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Did Caesars shit the bed, or am I being a difficult Jew?

Banned
    Load Metric
    Would have been funny if druff complained to higher ups about this and for his inconvenience they ship him another $50 visa card.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    Would have been funny if druff complained to higher ups about this and for his inconvenience they ship him another $50 visa card.
    If I was Ceasars I would have shipped him 10 $5 cards..

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    You can go to Target and ask for a $400 visa card and then just smash the cashier's face with the 8 cards and she'll scan them all and combine them. I'm also in the market for a TV so I'll probably just get a TV and then smash the cashier. You should have my address from when you sent me a check, but I'll PM it again. Thanks
    OK, but watch out because they may not accept them if you haven't "registered" the cards first.

I had these identical cards ("Simon Prepaid Visa") in the past, and everywhere online rejected them until I entered my info on the Simon site. I think it failed the ZIP code check if I didn't do that, as the ZIP code was blank on the Simon end prior to my entering of the info.

So the cashier may smash your face back in with, "These were not accepted, sir", and you will have to sheepishly go home and enter your info 8 times.

But maybe Target is less stringent about this stuff and you'll make an effortless $10 off of me.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    Believe it or not, I actually think that would have been a fair solution.

Pretty much equates to "Our fuckup ended up wasting a lot of your time, so here is $50 to cover that extra effort."

No chance they'd do this, though. The promotions department is given no leeway as far as rewarding extras to anyone.

Ballin'
    Load Metric
    love how Druff dodges my questions...hard hitting facts go ignored

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TMMLK View Post
    Why don't you take the 8 gift cards to a supermarket, gas station or mall and use them to buy a $400 gift card there. You could use it at subway as well and buy gift cards for free rolls in the future.
    I already answered this. I said that I have to register all eight of these cards first, which is a pain.

Otherwise, that's what I would have done.

Ballin'
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW I started this thread more for lulz, and fully expected the reaction I'm getting from most of you here.

But I also believe everything I wrote about the situation.

This is one of those spots where it's a lot more inconvenient than it looks on the surface.

You get eight $50 gift cards and think, "Oh, no problem, I can think of a million uses for these!", but when it comes down to registering them, keeping track of the balances on each card, having to buy things more than $50, etc, you find that they're a constant source of frustration.

The bottom line is that this is inexcusable for Caesar's. They should just stock the proper amount of large value cards, and this won't happen. They have tons of these promotions, so it's not like they'll go to waste.

Also, this isn't free money. Nothing is free in Vegas, aside from those "new card signup" promos.

READ YOUR SITE MICON......

Are you saying your a life time pit games loser? You make it sound like you beat the house, therefore other than time, the $400 is free????

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    READ YOUR SITE MICON......

Are you saying your a life time pit games loser? You make it sound like you beat the house, therefore other than time, the $400 is free????
    Whether I win or lose, the $400 is never free, as it is basically generated by the house edge from the games I play there.

The basic concept of being a "Seven Stars grinder" is that you find the path-of-least-cost to get to the Seven Stars tier, where the benefits awarded to you end up exceeding your losses.

It doesn't always work out that way, but that's what you're trying for.

"Free money" is only really free when there is no catch or requirement attached to it.

Think about those vacations you can get for sitting through an awful timeshare presentation. One could say those are "free", but they're really not. The cost is your time (and frustration) of dealing with a high-pressure timeshare sales pitch. If the timeshare then awarded you a vacation that was less than promised, you would have a right to complain (both legally and morally), even if it was "free".

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Anal_Hershiser View Post
    Todd, I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. You're right. You are right in a lot of your disputes. Not the pizza ones, but in general, you have a valid issue in these disputes. This IS their fuckup, and I wouldn't be happy with 8 $50 gift cards either. I wouldn't complain about it, but I wouldn't be happy. It's extremely n-wordish, especially given the resources Caesars has/should have. I mean, their entire business is customer service.

The problem is that you expect 1995 Customer Service in 2013. No matter where I go nowadays, whether it be a grocery store, restaurant, or have food delivered, the customer service is shit. The employees aren't helpful, are usually clueless, and the person "in charge" usually has ZERO authority to actually do anything. I don't know if it's simply a generational thing, reliance on technology, lack of proper training, or wtf the issue is. There are exceptions, but across the board, customer service in this country is an absolute fucking disaster.

I have had about 4-5 "Druff" episodes in the last month dealing with shit like this, and the only thing they respond too is an angry voice and a fist pounding on their desk. Their balls shrivel right up into their throat if you show up with a scowl and a clenched fist. At that point, they just want you gone, and will usually do what you want to make that happen. If everybody else wants to take it up the ass, let them. But the only way to not be fucked is to be the one doing the fucking. Continue being the pitcher. Let all the other dipshits be the catchers.
    /thread

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Caesar's is pretty shitty on promos. I got an ad from them for some free entry poker tourney with a huge $$ guarantee and some WSOP ME entries for the top few finishers. At first I thought donkament or no this could be worth it. Then I read through all the fine print and it turns out the prizes were all in "match play" so you have to put up an equal amount of your own cash to use the "prize." And if you don't want a ME entry you can take $10K but also in "match play." I suppose you could try to claim the ME entry then get a refund from the Rio cage but I'm guessing they have a record of it somewhere so you wouldn't be able to do that.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    You can go to Target and ask for a $400 visa card and then just smash the cashier's face with the 8 cards and she'll scan them all and combine them. I'm also in the market for a TV so I'll probably just get a TV and then smash the cashier. You should have my address from when you sent me a check, but I'll PM it again. Thanks
    OK, but watch out because they may not accept them if you haven't "registered" the cards first.

I had these identical cards ("Simon Prepaid Visa") in the past, and everywhere online rejected them until I entered my info on the Simon site. I think it failed the ZIP code check if I didn't do that, as the ZIP code was blank on the Simon end prior to my entering of the info.

So the cashier may smash your face back in with, "These were not accepted, sir", and you will have to sheepishly go home and enter your info 8 times.

But maybe Target is less stringent about this stuff and you'll make an effortless $10 off of me.
    Oh yeah, I was expecting to have to register them. But I'll do that for a free $10. I got nothing but free time, tbh
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Fortunately for druff PLOL has no such qualms about taking it in the ass

Thread Information