Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: War with Syria?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    When Syria drone strikes POTUS, are we even going to have the moral position to cry foul?
    Elaborate on your hypothetical please. What exactly have we done in this situation to merit a comment such as this?
    Once you commit an international act of war, you dont get to object when your target strikes back.

What about this isnt obvious?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    So can we agree that these are the chemical weapons that Saddam hid? I mean Obozo never will, but now I guess the mantra will be that it's still George Bush's fault because he didn't go after the chemical weapons when they went to Syria?

Hell, i'm still on the fence that it was the Syrian government that pulled the trigger on this stuff. Wouldn't be the first time a rebel group whacked their own people to drag a superpower onto their side... and that group of rebels would just happen to be Alciada.

Load Metric
    Its worth noting that Sarin isnt terribly hard to manufacture. Aum Shinrikyo was cranking it out in basement labs in the early 90s.

That said, people were of the opinion that Saddam's chemical stockpile had been exfiltrated to Syria for as long as I can remember.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric

Elaborate on your hypothetical please. What exactly have we done in this situation to merit a comment such as this?
    Once you commit an international act of war, you dont get to object when your target strikes back.

What act of war against Syria are you referring to?

Load Metric

Calling in cruise missile strikes (at the least) against a sovereign nation is an act of war. And when he does so without congressional approval, citing Bush Doctrine post-911 policy implementations regarding the preservation of domestic security interests, its going to be open fucking season.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric

Calling in cruise missile strikes (at the least) against a sovereign nation is an act of war. And when he does so without congressional approval, citing Bush Doctrine post-911 policy implementations regarding the preservation of domestic security interests, its going to be open fucking season.
    Gotcha.

Your original post inferred we had already forfeited the moral high ground in this situation.

Comments

sonatine: word to big bird

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    So can we agree that these are the chemical weapons that Saddam hid?
    No. Sarin decomposes after 2 or 3 years. But I'm sure you won't let basic Chemistry stand in the way of your theory.

Syria started its chemical weapons program in the 70s, years before Iraq did. After the Soviet Union fell, Syria hired a few scientists and generals from their chemical weapons program.

And like Sonatine said, creating Sarin is not some massive technical feat.

Load Metric
    Its worth noting that Sarin isnt terribly hard to manufacture. Aum Shinrikyo was cranking it out in basement labs in the early 90s.

That said, people were of the opinion that Saddam's chemical stockpile had been exfiltrated to Syria for as long as I can remember.

muriatic acid and chlorine mixed is a deadly combination easy to mix and hard to handle, keep your eyes on those pool boys

if the US government know with out a doubt who committed this crime it would warrant retaliation for there actions or else others may do the same as there would be no consequences for the crime.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    So can we agree that these are the chemical weapons that Saddam hid?
    No. Sarin decomposes after 2 or 3 years. But I'm sure you won't let basic Chemistry stand in the way of your theory.

Syria started its chemical weapons program in the 70s, years before Iraq did. After the Soviet Union fell, Syria hired a few scientists and generals from their chemical weapons program.

And like Sonatine said, creating Sarin is not some massive technical feat.
    Sonatine also said it was pretty well laid to rest that the iraqi chemical weapons probably went to syria also, but hey, when you will do anything to win an point on the internet, that one's as good as any, right? Either way, I hope you don't have any relatives living in israel, cause this isn't gonna end well for those folks no matter how old the batch of hummus is.

Load Metric
    Last edited by DirtyB; 09-01-2013 at 11:05 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I haven't seen a thread about that here yet, despite it being the dominant news story recently.

Here is a summary of the situation: http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/01/world/...html?hpt=hp_t1

Here is an interesting article about the US expecting more cyberattacks on media (like the one the NY Times experienced recently) if we go to war with Syria: http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/30/tech/s...rticle_sidebar

Interesting that the tables are turned now based upon who is in office.

Many Democrats now support action against Syria (because Obama supports it), while many Republicans oppose it.

Recall that opposition to attacking Iraq mainly came from Democrats, as Bush was in office and supported it.

Bit of a ridiculous comparison you not think?

Obama is talking about "limited" military action. i.e. Sending over a few cruise missiles from a nearby warship over a 36 hour period.

Bush wanted to put 100,000 plus troops in the desert that was always going to cost a few thousand lives and a few hundred billion dollars. Both of which happened.

And for what?

Let's ask General Clark.

Comments

Sanlmar: F'ing amazing. Watched video multiple times
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    Isn't the genocide that's been going on in Africa for decades a 'moral obscenity' as well? Wonder why it is we haven't felt the need to embark on a large scale military operation to stop that as well.

Oh how I wonder.

Edit: Ha! Just watched Lord of Fraud's video. LOL! Nice.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: black gold, texas tea, africa dosent have it.
    Last edited by vegas1369; 09-02-2013 at 08:44 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Isn't the genocide that's been going on in Africa for decades a 'moral obscenity' as well? Wonder why it is we haven't felt the need to embark on a large scale military operation to stop that as well.

Oh how I wonder.

We did...

Somalia

Comments

4Dragons: what what

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by pikachar View Post

Oh how I wonder.

We did...

Somalia
    You know what I meant. Somalia might as well be considered the middle east. What exactly did we do in Rwanda in 94?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post
    Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Should change the text to "Pay that man his money"

Load Metric
    Druff I have a prank phone call idea for next radio show. You should call some government officials office as the character of John Gumption, looking to "get the skinny"

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by backdoorb View Post
    Druff I have a prank phone call idea for next radio show. You should call some government officials office as the character of John Gumption, looking to "get the skinny"
    How many government offices are open & taking calls from the public @ 10PM EST when the radio program would start? Serious question.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I hate when all you fags get together and level.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by pikachar View Post

We did...

Somalia
    You know what I meant. Somalia might as well be considered the middle east. What exactly did we do in Rwanda in 94?
    Hmm, no UN Mandate = No US Troops... Pretty much the bottom line (Also, the French lead the aid on that one... see France's military record)

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    LOL US backed rebels fire off chemical weapons, US uses it as grounds for military action. Guess they are looking to retire Assad the same way they retired Hussain, Gadaffi etc.

Thread Information