Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bradley Manning sentenced to 35 years in prison for leaking classified materials

Load Metric

Bradley Manning sentenced to 35 years in prison for leaking classified materials

Manning should be locked up in a women's prison facility imo, if locked up in a male prison Bradley will have more boyfriends than on the outside

Obama should pardon him because the obama administration has leaked more classified info to date than Manning did to wikileaks
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Load Metric
    I half want to high five the guy for exposing the way that the special needs children that run the state department act and the other half wants to give him a blindfold and a cigarette and bid him adieu from this planet.

Load Metric
    Fuck with the bull...
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    It just keeps getting weirder and weirder. If the government pays for this shit while he's in prison, I will lose all hope for our country.

http://www.today.com/news/bradley-ma...man-6C10974915

Bradley Manning, the Army private sentenced to military prison for leaking classified documents, revealed he intends to live out the remainder of his life as a woman.

“I am Chelsea Manning. I am female,” the Army private wrote in a statement read on TODAY Thursday. “Given the way that I feel, and have felt since childhood, I want to begin hormone therapy as soon as possible. I hope that you will support me in this transition.

Manning signed the letter “Chelsea E. Manning.”

During his trial, Manning’s defense team suggested his struggles with gender identity as a gay soldier were a factor in his decision to leak.”

Load Metric
    'Yeah Taxpayer will be paying for Chelsea Manning hormones. They also payed for her to be tortured. Guess which one they're outraged at'
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    'Yeah Taxpayer will be paying for Chelsea Manning hormones. They also payed for her to be tortured. Guess which one they're outraged at'
    Do you seriously think that if they had tortured him that he would have made it to trial? I don't doubt that we torture people, but I do think they at least have the good sense to black bag those people and make them disappear. Solitary confinement is not torture by the way.

p.s.
    Good luck if you play the $10 milly today

Load Metric
    Just saw it on twitter and thought it was amusing. Haven't been following the story, because I generally just don't care.

And thanks (playing Saturday tho)
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    Do you seriously think that if they had tortured him that he would have made it to trial? I don't doubt that we torture people, but I do think they at least have the good sense to black bag those people and make them disappear. Solitary confinement is not torture by the way.

p.s.
    Its been documented (during his pretrial hearings) that manning was tortured, which isn't limited to waterboarding, etc. Take a deeper look, rather than a casual glance. Sleep deprivation, illegal isolation, forced nudity, etc.

And solitary confinement isn't torture? Did you really just write that? Ask someone who's been in solitary if it isn't torture.

One step forward, 2 steps back...
    Last edited by Kuntmissioner; 08-22-2013 at 07:14 AM. Reason: sp.

Load Metric
    http://gawker.com/wikileaker-manning...ale-1182347267

Sorry, but I am not calling a man who still has a dick with balls attached a female.

If you want to be a woman you must have your cock and balls surgically removed first.

Time for Manning to bend over and take it up the ass for his country.

Load Metric
    Better than average chance Obama pardons him on his way out of office.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Candidate Obama would have considered pardoning him, I believe. President Obama, though, I just don't see it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Candidate Obama would have considered pardoning him, I believe. President Obama, though, I just don't see it.
    I think its easy to forget that President Obama has to make sacrifices and compromises to do his job.

I strongly suspect that he will pardon both Manning and Snowden (if not offer them single digit sentence plea deals if thats even legal), because the damage is done, because they exposed Bush agendas and Bush crimes (not his own), and because Obama tapped into the American left's rapidly decaying sense of idealism because he is himself an idealist, albeit one who was unable to follow through on that idealism due to a combination of circumstances and realities, most of which are of course classified.

Which is to say, Obama wants a more libertarian vision of transparent gov and perhaps by pardoning Manning and Snowden, he can humanize his legacy to some small degree.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    One thing I'm not understanding about this story:

If he gets the sex change he's requesting, does that entitle him to be in a women's prison?

If not, how can he justify the taxpayer-funded necessity of the operation, if he's still legally considered a man afterwards?

And if so, then I think we have our answer as to why he wants to do this.

While I believe his desire to be a girl is legitimate, the timing of this seems to be clearly about serving his term with women instead of men, unless he would still be stuck in a men's prison, in which case he is probably just doing it to save money over doing it himself later.

Is this going to set a precedent that any dude who wants to spend his long prison sentence with women can just claim a gender identity disorder, be turned into a girl, and be entitled to the women's prison system?

Him serving the sentence with women would actually bother me more than the taxpayers footing the bill for the sex reassignment.

Also, anyone calling Manning a "hero" needs to reevaluate the actual situation. Manning is much worse than Snowden (whose actions I also don't support). Snowden at least demonstrated some care in the information he released, only exposing information that wouldn't put Americans directly in danger. Manning just dumped a ton of data on Wikileaks, with no regard as to who was put in danger by the release of the information. That is a gross and blatant violation of his security clearance, and you can't just do shit like that and expect to skate away free.

Too many wannabe libertarians these days are jumping on the "No secrets" bandwagon, as if a completely transparent superpower government is a great thing for the people. A large, powerful government simply cannot operate with complete transparency, or otherwise such transparency would provide a huge advantage to its enemies. There have to be secrets, and I think it's amazingly hypocritical for these "no secrets" libertarian types to reap the benefits in everyday life of the power and influence of the US government, all while protesting the fact that secrets (which enable the US government's power and influence) exist.

One day a Manning type is going to leak the plans for a system that can deliver nuclear warheads across the Atlantic, and an Osama or Saddam type will get a hold of it. Then we'll see how much of a "hero" the leaker really is.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntmissioner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post

p.s.
    Its been documented (during his pretrial hearings) that manning was tortured, which isn't limited to waterboarding, etc. Take a deeper look, rather than a casual glance. Sleep deprivation, illegal isolation, forced nudity, etc.

And solitary confinement isn't torture? Did you really just write that? Ask someone who's been in solitary if it isn't torture.

Obama changed the rules so the US doesn't torture muslim terrorists anymore they are just executed in Drone strikes, so now only US citizens get tortured by our government
    and Manning will get a pardon recommendation from Attorney General Eric Holder just like then Assistant Attorney General Holder advised Bill Clinton to pardon Billionaire big Democrat donor Mark Rich who defrauded the US Treasury out of $500 million

Which one is he?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo Tomasi View Post

Obama changed the rules so the US doesn't torture muslim terrorists anymore they are just executed in Drone strikes, so now only US citizens get tortured by our government
    and Manning will get a pardon recommendation from Attorney General Eric Holder just like Holder advised Bill Clinton to pardon Billionaire big Democrat donor Mark Rich who defrauded the US Treasury out of $500 million
    Clinton pardoned Rich because he donated millions of dollars to build the Clinton Library, via his ex-wife.

This is one of many corrupt things done by Clinton during his 8 years in office. Unfortunately Clinton has gotten a pass on a lot of these things as the years have gone by, because everyone just remembers Monica Lewinsky, and many didn't think that was a big deal.

Even after Clinton left office, he was still up to shenanigans. He sent Sandy Berger to steal documents from the National Archives related to Clinton's degree of fault in allowing 9/11 to happen.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

and Manning will get a pardon recommendation from Attorney General Eric Holder just like Holder advised Bill Clinton to pardon Billionaire big Democrat donor Mark Rich who defrauded the US Treasury out of $500 million
    Clinton pardoned Rich because he donated millions of dollars to build the Clinton Library, via his ex-wife.

This is one of many corrupt things done by Clinton during his 8 years in office. Unfortunately Clinton has gotten a pass on a lot of these things as the years have gone by, because everyone just remembers Monica Lewinsky, and many didn't think that was a big deal.

Even after Clinton left office, he was still up to shenanigans. He sent Sandy Berger to steal documents from the National Archives related to Clinton's degree of fault in allowing 9/11 to happen.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Which one is he?

Load Metric

and Manning will get a pardon recommendation from Attorney General Eric Holder just like then Assistant Attorney General Holder advised Bill Clinton to pardon Billionaire big Democrat donor Mark Rich who defrauded the US Treasury out of $500 million
    You fit perfect on this site. You're the typical idiot who thinks they know everything, but spew nothing but garbage.

Load Metric
    On a semi-related note, this book was interesting:

Name:  Dirty_Wars_Book_Cover_US_FINAL.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  170.8 KB

I started reading it thinking it was just an anti-Bush policy treatise but the author goes at Obama harder. An interesting read, regardless of your political beliefs.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post

You fit perfect on this site. You're the typical idiot who thinks they know everything, but spew nothing but garbage.

408Rollo's MO is to troll the user comments on Libertarian websites and regurgitate them here endlessly.

Hence the hilariously awkward line breaks etc; he seriously cuts/pastes them.

Load Metric
    lol who cares about him getting tortured .I sure as hell don't want too see this asshole getting a sex change on taxpayers dime. fuck him

Thread Information