Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FACT: BMW Drivers are Cocksucking Douchebags

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

Exclamation FACT: BMW Drivers are Cocksucking Douchebags

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/bmw-driv...214456020.html

Drivers of BMWs frequently come in for anecdotal criticism for habits on the road that are perceived as aggressive.

Now, a couple of studies, one in the U.S. and another from the U.K., appear to provide statistical evidence that BMW drivers are, to be polite about it, complete jerks.

In the older study, by researchers at the University of California, BMW drivers were far less likely to stop for a pedestrian who had just entered a crosswalk, the New York Times notes.

“In our crosswalk study, none of the cars in the beater-car category drove through the crosswalk. They always stopped for pedestrians," researcher Paul K. Piff told the paper. He added that not only were "fancy cars were less likely to stop," but also that "BMW drivers were the worst."

Drivers of BMWs and other high-status cars (including Prius hybrids) were also more likely to cheat at four-way-stop intersections, according to the research.

In the second study, in the U.K., motorists were asked to identify the make and color of the car from which they have most frequently suffered road-rage incidents, the Daily Mail reports.

The study of 2,837 motorists found men between the ages of 35 and 50 driving blue BMWs were most likely to be reported as having engaged in road-rage behaviors such as aggressive driving and swearing.

Comments

badguy23: DRUFF KABOOM!!! DOS LOL

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Funny how I was just talking with my wife about this very same topic the other day

Im like - "is it just me, or why the fuck do BMW drivers nearly always seem like assholes on the road"

Well hallelujah, now there is a study to prove it.

Banned
    Load Metric
    In before BMW-driving poster gets his jimmies rustled.

Load Metric
    Pretty sure it's in the paperwork when you buy a BMW that you have to drive like an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I like how they do studies to prove something that everyone knows anyway.

BMW drivers are just the worst - no other make comes close.

Worse still in the UK there's shit tons of them - BMW have 2 cars in the top 10 models by sales (1 + 3 series). Roads are littered with these faggots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Maybe I am biased because I own a BMW (and I know that's why this thread was made), but I have not noticed other BMW drivers being more aggressive or worse than other drivers.

In fact, the behavior I hate the most is when people speed up to get ahead of me (or make sure I can't pass them), and then drive really slow after that. An example of this is someone who pulls out from a parking spot on a 1-lane road, noticeably rushes to make sure to get onto the street before I pass (even if it's a road with very little traffic), and then drives 10 mph under the speed limit. BMW owners almost never do this type of things, in my experience.

I think people notice that BMW drivers are faster/more aggressive because BMWs tend to have a lot of power and the ride is so smooth that you often don't "feel" the speed, so you naturally drive faster. That's one of the reasons I keep buying them.

As far as not stopping for pedestrians, I can't comment much on that. I am glad to see that they noted Prius drivers do the same, so it isn't some lame commentary on conservatives driving aggressively and liberals driving sensitively.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I didn't know that you drive a BMW, Druff. But I'm pleased to see my prediction come true.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    I didn't know that you drive a BMW, Druff. But I'm pleased to see my prediction come true.
    I have driven 3 different BMWs, dating back to 1995.

Before that, I drove a crappy 1976 Honda Civic that I bought for $1000 in 1987.

Load Metric
    In germany BMW is also often considered to be driven by douches or it is a company car.
    Audi would fit Druff so much imo. Reliable, comfortable and serious car with a lot of power. Audi isnt so big in the USA?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinWright View Post
    Not that I believe your story but who the fuck ever gave you permission to use charitable funds for the good of your cock.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by pavoe View Post
    Audi would fit Druff so much imo. Reliable, comfortable and serious car with a lot of power. Audi isnt so big in the USA?
    Howard Lederer drives one.

Comments

ftpjesus: Now I want to pull up the QJ video ambush of Howie at the Chinese resturant

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    I have driven 3 different BMWs, dating back to 1995.

Before that, I drove a crappy 1976 Honda Civic that I bought for $1000 in 1987.
    Turns out it depends on the color of the BMW - what color did you go for this time?
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Romulus View Post
    http://autos.yahoo.com/news/bmw-driv...214456020.html

Now, a couple of studies, one in the U.S. and another from the U.K., appear to provide statistical evidence that BMW drivers are, to be polite about it, complete jerks.

The study of 2,837 motorists found men between the ages of 35 and 50 driving blue BMWs were most likely to be reported as having engaged in road-rage behaviors such as aggressive driving and swearing.
    There's no disputing the facts, because the facts are the facts.

But there's no denying that the aggression of BMW drivers also may also contribute to their success in business and could explain why they can afford to drive BMW's in the first place.

Also, while they are quite often douche bags they are not necessarily cocksuckers.

My old boss drove a BMW and he was a huge douche bag.
    He always parked on a diagonal taking up 2 spots. A total D-bag play.
    He was a confirmed douche bag beyond any doubt.

Load Metric
    I already drive like a cunt/douchebag. Now, all I need is my beamer.

Comments

ftpjesus: Driving like a crazy Canuk doesnt make you a douchebag HG. Its a requirement in Canada damn confusion over KPH and MPH :)
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    I do not think anyone needs a study to tell them what they can see with their own two eyes ... BMW driver are asshats.

I think part of what drives this is that the cost of entry into BMW "ownership" (i.e. lease) is so cheap. Take the shitbox that Druff drives, for example -- the 328i. For shits and giggles, I submitted a request for a quote via TrueCar for a 328i. The dealer comes right back with a lease payment of around $380 per month, including tax, with a couple thousand down. Keep in mind that this was the first offer without any negotiation. Using his SuperJew skills, someone like Druff is probably able to beat the dealer into submission and get it for much cheaper than that, but even an ordinary goy negotiator is going to do better than a dealer's first offer.

Keep in mind though that all you're buying (renting) is a badge. In reality, a 328i will be eating a Camry V6's brake dust at a stop light if the Camry driver wants to floor it. Of course, a Camry driver has better things to do than floor it at every single intersection like BMW bitches do.

So with their little lease payment and BMW badge on a 328i which goes slower than a Camry or Accord, they now think they're special and can recklessly speed and cut people off constantly, just like your Honda Civic driving ricers.

You will notice that the people in the 5 and 7 series Bimmers are not nearly at the same level of douche nozzledom as the 3 series. A big reason is the price of entry for those cars is so much higher.

Comments

nunbeater: superjew rep

Deal: The Camry driver is out running errands for his wife tho.. whipped

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I don't have a 3-series. I haven't had one since 2004. That was my first of 3 BMWs.

The 5 and 7 series come with a choice of engine. You can go with a V6, V8, or V12 (7-series only). The V12 on the 7-series is a huge waste of money, as it is ridiculously expensive, but you would be a fool to take the V6 over the V8. The price difference is not very much, and if you're already spending the money to get a 5-series or better, you might as well spend a bit more and get the vastly superior engine.

I have purchased BMWs not for any kind of status symbol, but because I have found that the higher quality of the vehicle is noticeable. They also age very well. They do not degrade very much in performance or gas mileage like many other brands do, and neither of my past BMWs (145k miles, 120k miles) developed any major mechanical issues during my ownership.

Load Metric
    The worse drivers have nothing to do with the type of car, but a race of people. Blacks are the worst. At least BMW drivers have insurance. If your 1st at a light and the car behind you is a colored, and he leaves a good distance between your car and his that means hes going to wait till it turns yellow then try to go around you quickly then drive really fuckin slow. I will never let those fuckers time the light and get in front of me no matter how fast i have to go.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post
    The worse drivers have nothing to do with the type of car, but a race of people. Blacks, asians, women, old people and foreigners are the worst. .

Gold
    Load Metric
    There is an Asian driving school right down the street from me. it should be illegal for gooks to teach other gooks how to drive. It's insanity

Load Metric
    Having owned a BMW 330CI and a MB SL55 AMG I can honestly say the BMW is a poor mans MB. The owners tend to be pretentious douchebags who can't afford to drive the MB. The funny thing is I only drove the BMW because I couldn't afford the MB myself. Granted you can't compare the 330 to an SL55 because of the 80k in price difference but regardless.

My next car will be the S550 as the 7 Series wasn't even a consideration.

Comments

RichardBrodiesCombover.: look at this cool guy

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Having owned a BMW 330CI and a MB SL55 AMG I can honestly say the BMW is a poor mans MB. The owners tend to be pretentious douchebags who can't afford to drive the MB. The funny thing is I only drove the BMW because I couldn't afford the MB myself. Granted you can't compare the 330 to an SL55 because of the 80k in price difference but regardless.

My next car will be the S550 as the 7 Series wasn't even a consideration.
    Mercedes and BMWs are comparably priced for each level of car. As you said, you can't compare a 3-series to a higher-end Mercedes and draw any conclusions.

Thread Information